“OK stay”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Santa Clara, California
“OK stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is at about four levels - lobby is level four. Our room was at level two, and it almost felt we were in a basement, hidden from any view. Stuck in a cave-live room, our child wanted to leave immediately. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

The beds were uncomfortable and creaking, for a hotel of this stature, I would expect more comfortable beds. Overall experience is OK, but no WOW factor unfortunately.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear AGeorge1,

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your stay with us in July. I always appreciate feedback from our guests as it is truly invaluable towards the betterment of our staff's ability to greater serve our guests in the future. I want to send out my sincerest apology that we could not make your stay 100% satisfactory. We always strive for perfection and putting our best foot forward when it comes to making our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected. That is our promise. I understand that the issues you encountered take away from that promise. Our staff goes to great lengths to put the guest first and does everything in their power to make sure their needs are met. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and I am confident that should you return to the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, we will be able to exceed your expectations.

Gordon Jackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed there with Hilton points and will definitely return as a paying guest thanks to an amazing friendly front desk that knows the meaning of saying "yes" to guests. Property is attractive, rooms are huge and clean, and the breakfast downstairs is graced with attentive and polite staff and made-to-order entrees. High marks all around!

2 Thank criticaltravelwriter
Dear Sharona211,

Thank you for your choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your stay. I am humbled to know that from your recent experience, our team left such a outlasting impression. It is our promise to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected, and it is feedback from guests like you that enable us as a team to continue this level of service. We take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations by delivering friendly and efficient service to meet every guest's request. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Boston, MA
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We enjoyed our 1 night stay here on our drive up the CA coast from SD to SF. The HGI was the least expensive place we stayed out of 6 hotels but it provided the most extras. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Room was nice, clean, comfortable and nicely sized. Pool was warm and hot tub was hot!!! Pool/patio area was nice with plenty of shade or sun and lots of towels available even though we didn't get out there until after 5pm. Very short ride (5-10 mins.) to the beach. Loved the fresh popcorn and pineapple water available in the lobby. Also free parking which was not the norm for our other stays.

As a Hilton Gold we received a room upgrade and complimentary breakfast. There were 3 of us. Unlike some Hilton brand hotels, the Pismo HGI included my daughter in the comp. breakfast which was very generous of them. Also, for breakfast we were allowed a "made to order" breakfast AND access to the buffet. Very nice. Food was fresh and delicious.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sharona211
Dear Sharona211,

Thank you for your choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your stay while here on holiday in the Pismo Beach area. I am delighted to know that from your recent experience, our team was able to make it a memorable one. Thank you for making light of our comfortable updated rooms, heated pool, and of our accessible location. We take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations by delivering friendly and efficient service to meet every guest's request. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Houston
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel was very nice but that is not the main reason I would return. It was the staff!!
I work those 10-12 hour days in the sales/service industry and we tend to be very focused on the 'little things' that set us apart.
The team was focused and made us feel like we were the most important guest.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kmdamiani
Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Kmdamiani,

Thank you very much for your kind review, and for choosing the Hilton Garden of Pismo Beach.
I am so happy to hear of your recent experience with our team. Our goal is to always deliver exceptional, friendly service in order to enhance each guests expereince. I am pleased that we were able to serve as your 'home away from home." Thank you again for the positive review and we are looking forward to accommodating you on your future travels!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Having just left a not so delightful travelodge without air con i am sure any hotel would have been nice. This however was paradise! So bright and cheerful like a Californian day!
Unfortunately for some reason the we were given a double accessible room but guess that was by way of our tour operators instructions for some unknown reason and nothing to do with the hotel. I have to say that the staff were always polite and greeted guests as they passed and gave a real air of pride in "their" hotel.
The bedroom and bathroom were spacious and clean. We overlooked the small pool that we made use of during our stay. A nice way to unwind after a long car journey.
This was a welcome oasis and our best hotel on our two week vacation in California. I really hope to return again and if so this hotel is definitely on my stay list.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert W
Gordon J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Robert W,

Thank you for your choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your stay while here on holiday in the Pismo Beach area. I am elated to know that from your recent experience our team was able to put forth such a great impression. Thank you for making light of our spacious, pool view rooms and well appointed facilities. We take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations by delivering friendly and efficient service to meet every guest's request.

Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Surrounds are modern, clean and appear to be new or newer. It was quiet and close to all the hot spots on the central coast. We thoroughly enjoyed our second stay at Pismo Hilton Garden Inn.The price was fair, accommodations clean clean clean and we look forward to our next stay. Hopefully very soon!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

3 Thank Elizabeth W
Elizabeth W,

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach for your recent stay. I am delighted to hear your returning visit to the hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you for mentioning our revamped rooms, and that our location is accesable to many favorite exciting activities and restaurants! We take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations by delivering friendly and efficient service to meet every guest's request. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to accommodating you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I know I have posted a review for this hotel in the past but I wanted to say again, "This is a great hotel with outstanding service". The rooms are extremely clean and I must admit I can be difficult to please in this area. I have stayed in many hotels over the years for both business and pleasure and I wish I received the kind of service this hotel offers. Every request I have made is met with a smile. From extra towels to asking for restaurant and activity recommendations and beyond the staff is ready to help. The breakfast buffet has something for everyone and the restaurant and room service menus have many great choices. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Pismo Beach area. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have stayed in three different rooms at this hotel and each one has been lovely.