We stayed here for a couple days in summer 2014 when the hotel was full. The staff was friendly and helpful, the beds were comfortable, the rooms quiet, and the hot tub was hot and bubbly. The hotel is right off the highway and, though it was full, we had no trouble parking. However, our room felt like a large closet (see below).
Here's a tip: the hotel is built into a hill. While it has 4 floors (reception is on the 4th floor, which feels like the ground floor for the upper parking lot), many or most of the rooms are below ground level and have windows that open onto walls that are quite close to the windows, which makes them dark and can feel claustrophobic. One of our rooms looked out over a trash enclosure. When you make your reservation, call the hotel to see if you can avoid having to stay in one of these rooms. Had we known this in advance, we would have stayed at one of the nearby (above-ground) Motel 6s for half the price, but had sunlight, or just stayed in nearby SLO and enjoyed being able to walk to its cafes and shops. A few rooms here do look towards the ocean (or are otherwise aboveground), but this is not an oceanview hotel.
Also, we did not have in-room wifi. Occasionally, we could find a signal, but it dropped immediately. The front desk was helpful when we contacted them, and we wound up working around that problem.
While the staff was helpful and the hotel is otherwise a solid HGI (with iffy wifi, based on our experience), the potential to get dark, claustrophobia-inducing rooms means we will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 120 spacious rooms and suites, the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo beach is your new Central Coast vacation headquarters. Amenities include the Great American Grill restaurant serving breakfast and dinner, room service, Pavilion Lounge, free wireless and hard-wired internet access, pool, spa, business center, Pavilion Market serving snacks and beverages, a fitness center, a guest laundry, and over 1,600 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Close to great restaurants and the Pismo Prime Outlets, and only minutes from the beach, the Oceano Dunes, wineries, golf courses and quaint coastal towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach Hotel Pismo Beach
- Mission Hotel Pismo Beach
- Mission Pismo Beach