“views”

The Inn at the Cove
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 25 March 2011

nice hotel stayed one night I thought was good value friendly staff free internet in lobby,free parking complimentry continental beakfast.

Reviewed 19 March 2011

What an excellent location for a stay! We arrived a bit early and our accommodations were ready. A very nice second floor room, which is actually at parkig lot level, with an outstanding 180 degree view of the ocean. A small balcony with two chairs and a table outside allowed us to enjoy the ocean breede and the crashing waves on the rocks and we lounged.

The room was spotless! The bed had plenty of covers for a cool night and we didn't need the room air conditioning or heating so can't comment on that. The bathroom had more than sufficient towels and again was super clean. Amenities included the usual shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, and the bath and hand soaps were a cut above the usual hotel fare.

We didn't partake of the continental breakfast, but it is available below the office from 7 am to 10 am daily. We opted to drove an hour south to the Danish town of Solvang to instead enjoy some authentic Danish cooking.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Just got back from a great stay along the Central Coast of California . We stayed at this lodge after passing by it for years without stopping . The price was right and since my wife and I are both retired we could stay early week which was better yet . The lobby personell were friendly and very accomadating . We requested and did stay in one of the second story rooms at the south end of the complex . We prefer the upper level because we like to have the sliding door open to the balcony inorder to hear the waves crashing on the cliffs and beach . The view was exceptional and the weather was great . They also had a continental breakfast that was nice . The only negative that comes to mind is that the location is a little beyond a quick walk to downtown Pismo and the Pier . It is doable but a little far for a quickie .

Reviewed 24 February 2011

We've stayed here several times and find it a very relaxing place to stay. The room is spacious, has a refrigerator and counter in bedroom area. We did have a problem with the heating but it was resolved. They offer a complimentary breakfast but the fresh fruit really needs to be upgraded. Try the little restaurant called Splash on 197 Pomeroy Ave for fabulous clam chowder.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The hotel location -- right at the edge of the bluff -- can't be beat! The ocean views and sunsets, from all the rooms as well as from the gazebos at the cliff's edge, are spectacular. The entire hotel staff and management are extremely friendly. The service provided by the housekeeping staff was outstanding; the buildings, grounds, pool, spa and deck area are beautifully maintained; the breakfast room was well stocked and very clean. The hotel is within easy driving distance of several outstanding golf courses, the Pismo Beach Pier, state beach parks, and many fine restaurants. The Best Western Plus Shelter Cove Lodge is definitely the perfect Central Coast destination!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2010

I spent several months this summer from May to September at Shelter Cove lodge. The views are exceptional from 2nd floor rooms and you can walk to the nearby park that borders a bird preserve. I watched seagulls raise their young and Pelicans and cormorants daily. It is also close to Shopping areas and right on the highway. The staff went out of their to accommodate my needs. Exceptional in every way!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I made a last minute reservation to stay here with my small children in order to break up the trip from LA to the Bay Area. . I felt the price was reasonable and when I arrived, check in was quick. The room was directly over looking the sea and we arrived just in time to watch the most amazing sunset. It appears to me that every room here has a great view. The room itself was a bit dated, but clean other than some mold in the caulking in the bathtub. I did not notice the mold when I took a shower, but when I was down at the kids level to bathe them, I did notice it needed to be fixed. Not horrible though. You can hear the freeway but I use earplugs since I am a light sleeper and it did not bother me a bit. I actually only heard the freeway in the morning. Every room has a balcony with nice tall chairs and a table. I would actually recommend this as a nice location for an inexpensive romantic getaway. You feel as though you are just feet from the water. In the morning, they offer a continental breakfast. Although it was a bit carby for a food snob like myself, it was great for my kids. They had a waffle iron and my kids loved making their own waffles. I tried it and have to admit, they were pretty tasty! They offered 2 types of coffee with flavored creamers and milk, several cereals, assorted pastries, hard boiled eggs, and apples and oranges. They also had Yoplait yogurt. The breakfast is located by the pool which I wish we would have had time to use. It is protected from the wind by walls of glass, so you can see the amazing views while eating your breakfast or swimming. I would not recommend the rooms by the pool. You can walk right from your room and be in the pool, just a few steps away. There was no privacy for those rooms. Might be fun if you were with a big group of people though. They also have a lovely lawn area, overlooking the water, great for kids or pets. You can stroll along the cliff, looking down at the water. You can explore around a bit and climb down by the beach, which my kids loved. Be prepared to walk back up though! My best tip: (Perhaps I should keep this secret) As you leave the pool area, there is a giant rock just past the lawn area. If you walk to the west side of this rock, there is one table there. A great spot for a romantic sunset with a cocktail or nice place to enjoy breakfast. Two other reasons I would give this hotel a high rating: They let me have a late checkout with no problem, and I left my phone charger there and they mailed it back to me! While the rooms are not the best rooms I have stayed in, they are certainly decent enough and the other aspects of this hotel (view, free breakfast, nice area to walk around, and customer service) make it an excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family