Me, my husband and our 2 dogs stayed at the Best Western Shelter Cove for 3 nights. We sold our toy hauler last year and now have limited places to stay because we do take our dogs with us. The entire reason we picked this hotel was for the sole purpose of bringing our dogs. A lot of hotels are pet friendly but have weight restrictions and/or are limited to 1 dog. Also, the pet fees other hotels charge are ridiculous. Shelter Cove's pet fees are reasonable but I felt the room was a pricey for the quality. The beds/pillows could use major improvement. They are awful! The room itself was fairly clean, although there were cobwebs in the corner of the joining room door that had been there quite a while. The walls are thin and you can hear everything outside. You can hear people stomping up the stairs to their rooms, slamming doors and stomping around their room above you. You can hear the cleaning crews outside your room. You can hear other people opening and closing their sliding doors to the patios. The gardeners came when we were there and because the grass is almost touching your patio, they were very loud. But that's to be expected. My dogs would bark at every loud thump and unfamiliar noise but it was a protecting bark and not being in their own environment bark. They would stop as soon as I told them no but I was stressed out the entire time about someone complaining. No one ever did. There was nothing special about the bathroom. The shower is small (and I'm not a big person!). The view is AMAZING. You can hear the waves when you have your sliding door open. It was peaceful and relaxing to sit on the patio and just watch the ocean. I think the view makes up for every negative thing about the hotel. The TV's are updated flat screens. Nothing in the room was broke, everything worked fine. The continental breakfast was just okay. The coffee was great. The pet friendly rooms are conveniently located next to the dog potty area, so it's not a long ways in the mornings when they have to go! They were out of bags to pick up after your dog the whole 3 days we were there and they only left 3 in the room for you to use. Thank goodness I thought ahead and brought a bunch. The complimentary dog blanket (they didn't use) and dog bowl (they didn't use) were very tiny. My dogs are 66 lbs and 90 lbs, so they were useless to them, but they were a nice thought. My husband towed his Rhino in an enclosed trailer and the parking isn't accommodating for any type of trailer. There is a field about 1/4 mile down the road that Best Western owns and you can park there. We did worry about someone breaking into the truck/trailer because it's a dark field but nothing happened. The check in and check out was quick and easy. The staff was friendly.
All in all, we would stay there again. I feel the ocean view makes this hotel worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Pismo Beach, The Inn at the Cove is an all oceanfront hotel offering stunning panoramic ocean views and a tranquil setting. Enjoy the hotel's beautiful grounds, outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, newly remodeled guest rooms, complimentary continental breakfast, free parking and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your The Inn at the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Shelter Cove Hotel Pismo Beach
- Best Western Shelter Cove Hotel
- Best Western Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Best Western