My partner and I spent two nights at this hotel after driving down from San Fran, and it was great. Easy access off Highway 1 and easy to find (since there's basically one main road, and it's on it). We'd hired a car and there was ample parking for the hotel, we never struggled to find one close to our room.
The hotel had free Wifi, and it was fast everywhere around the hotel vicinity. Check in was trouble free, even at 8:00pm when we arrived. The rooms were huge (for two ppl) and the bathroom was clean and had everything we needed. All rooms had a view out to the ocean too, and small balconies. TV had the main channels, and there was some cool tea / coffee facilities that you don't normally see. Very happy with that.
The ocean views were great, and we spent a great deal of time just watching the wild life. We were there in June, and there was always whales to be seen. Some were quite close, while others you could only see the blowhole mist out at sea. If you get a chance to bring binoculars, do it. Other wild life included dolphins and sea otters, though the otters were rare. This hotel also has its own sheltered cove (hence the name) there were about 20-30 sea lions basking on a rock down in the cove. Ample bird life in the area too.
Limited to the shops in the immediate vicinity, but a great italian restaurant that did a mean pizza, and a bottle shop for the adults. The hotel included breakfast, which was mostly cereals and toasts, bagels, pastries and pancakes. It was continental, so no eggs or bacon etc., but it was fine to get us going. Small room for eating though, which is the only downside - felt a bit like a school cafeteria.
Pismo itself was quite close, and with the car it was easy to get around and always parking available, and only $1 per hour! Plenty of things to keep you busy in the town, especially with children.
The hotel seemed to be a pit stop for most travelling, probably not attracting patrons for more than 2 nights on average. Everyone was friendly though, and treated you like you lived there. The staff were helpful and always willing to give directions or advice of things to do. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great stop over for those traveling between SF - LA. It breaks up the drive nicely and is clean and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Pismo Beach, The Inn at the Cove is an all oceanfront hotel offering stunning panoramic ocean views and a tranquil setting. Enjoy the hotel's beautiful grounds, outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, newly remodeled guest rooms, complimentary continental breakfast, free parking and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelClick, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Shelter Cove Hotel Pismo Beach
- Best Western Shelter Cove Hotel
- Best Western Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Best Western