“Beautiful room and view”
Review of Shore Cliff Hotel

Shore Cliff Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and 2 anniversaries since. The rooms are very beautiful and romantic as is the view. Service is quick and nice as well. Would definitely here stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

WOW, thank you for your very nice comments. I am glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We hope that you return for your next anniversary!

There are newer reviews for Shore Cliff Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My brother and I recently stayed at the Best Western Shore Cliff while passing through on a motorcycle trip. When it was time to leave, I really wish it was more than just a passing through. Karen checked us in and was very kind and personable, making it feel much more welcoming than just checking in to a hotel. The room was way above expectaction and very clean. And the view from our large balcony was looking strait down the cliff with a perfect view of the beach below. Within the first 5 minutes of being there we were able to see dolphins and even a whale! The next morning they had a wonderful free breakfast that really made a great start to the day! Thank you for everything!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ross H
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you and your brother enjoyed your stay with us. How exciting that you were able to see some dolphins and whales. It is such an added plus to see those wonderful creatures just literally a mile away.
We hope that you are able to return again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Wasn't expecting to stay a night in Pismo Beach but recently found myself there and had a great rate ($130 inc tax) on a Sunday. My room was large, very clean, and had a big bathtub, a nice fridge, and a truly spectacular view of the Pismo pier and the ocean.

I didn't take advantage of the pool but it looked great--big and well-maintained.

Breakfast was standard for this type of family hotel--nothing special but it did the job.

I appreciated the "clean remote" and the comfortable bed with plenty of pillows.

Could have stayed much longer! If I'm ever back in the area, I will definitely be back at this place.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 1111--SUCH a gorgeous view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucy_Wanderlust

Thank you for your feedback, as it is very important to us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. a We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We were so pleased our night at the Shore Cliff Lodge! The setting is stunning, literally right over the waves. Staff were helpful and friendly. The room was newly refurnished, bed comfy and bathroom large and with high quality finishings, nice little kitchenette area. Breakfast is pretty typical BW (except for the pancake machine which delighted the young ones). As long as I can get my oatmeal, yogurt and fruit I'm a happy girl and the coffee was very good. We travel with a small dog and sometimes feel a bit relegated to the poorer rooms but not this time. Good job Shore Cliff! For those of you with dogs, about 15 minutes North of the hotel there's an off leash area on Avila Beach.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bluejeans1951
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the facility and our newly renovated pet rooms. Thank you for the recommendation on the additional pet area in Avila. We will be sure to add it to our list of things “to do with your pet” while staying in Pismo.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed for three days in April. Great location, grounds well kept, rooms clean and functional. Nothing extravagant. The Lodge is getting renovated (apparently), room by room. Though the rooms weren't bad, an upgrad to the facility will get another star, mostly based on location. Very basic place in a great spot. Maybe if you are used to the ocean, it isn't that good but being from a land locked state, we enjoyed having a glass of wine on the porch and watching the ocean.

Room Tip: Try to get a unit that is on top=it is designed with two up rooms, and two garden level rooms. Yhe u...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Lovely staff - fantastic views and very spacious room. Best of all the sun arrived in the morning and we made use of the awesome swimming pool and spa pool, before walking the breathtaking walk down onto the beach. Fantastic restaurant next door also. Breakfast could have been more awesome, but can't really complain :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olly N
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the accomodations, pool and spa facility. We are proud of the new and improved restaurant next door. We hope that you can return soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I rarely stay in hotels so we were excited to have a short getaway. When checking in I wasn't welcomed by the guest service agent. The first and only words were " I need a I d and credit card" and I was given brief directions to our room and the location of the continental breakfast and nothing more. Our room looked as if it is being updated in parts, nothing really looks as if it went well together. I unfortunately found some ones hair in the tub which unfortunately cost the housekeeper a tip when we checked out. We did have an amazing view and the bed was comfy, the breakfast was okay. It the unwelcoming check in experience and staff that will send us elsewhere next time we get away.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank lalissa1
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us! I will conduct a full investigation into the service problems you experienced. I can assure you I will implement the necessary improvements to ensure you we can offer you a better experience in the future. We would love for you to return so we can provide you with a superior customer experience.
Thank you for your feedback.