“KT”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Ventura, United States
“KT”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Lovely Hotel, only complaint is that the beds are hard. I can not sleep on hard beds. Pillows are nice and squishy, that helped. 360 Views of the ocean, from every room. Amazing! Would highly recommend going on vacation here. Pool was great, nice and warm, especially needed on spring break :) . Breakfast food was ok, nothing special, but is a nice touch and savings. Will be making RSVP again very soon. When the weather is warm. Stayed at this location First week of April 2014. Close to everything.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Kittie,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We pride ourselves on offering clean comfortable accomodations and a phenomal view! Thank you for your recommendation written in your review. I am pleased to hear that you will be back again for another stay soon. We look forward to welcoming you again to our property!

Barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
truckee, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hotel had beautiful ocean views and was clean and newly remodeled. Had such a fantastic vacation wine tasting at local vineyards!! Staff was helpful and so friendly. Look forward to my next visit at Shore Cliff and have recommended hotel to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jean,

Thank you for your complimentary review of your recent stay at our location! I am thrilled to hear that our location offered you the convienence to go wine tasting and enjoy all the great things to do on the Central Coast. Our staff takes pride in offering the friendliest service around! We look forward to having you stay during your next Girls Weekend!

Washington state
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I needed a place to stay for one night on my trip south. I pulled in and they gave me a lovely room with a beautiful view on the sunset. I could lay in bed and hear the ocean. It is spring break so there were kids making lots of noise by the pool but it didn't go too late. I could see the lighthouse shining in the distance.

The room was nice with micro and refer, but what surprised me was that the bathroom had 2 sinks! Great for a couple.

Breakfast was adequate and a reasonable selection of food -

Seagull flew and perched on my balcony and wasn't afraid... not particularly aggressive either. Do not feed them - where there is one there are lots more.

i grabbed a salad and a bottle of wine from Trader Joes and enjoyed the rest of the evening watching the sun set...

Chances are I'll stop here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LoneOak6496
Hello,
I am so glad to hear that you stumbled upon our location! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay. We are pleased to have exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you again soon!

Plainfield , IL., United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel room we had revealed a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony. it was awesome to fall asleep at the sound of waves coming ashore. There was enough space for a family of three and the cleanliness of the room was acceptable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of our hotel. We are pleased to have presented you with a pleasant experience and clean accomodations. We hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We are a family with a 19 month old toddler & love it here! The location is stunning... Gorgeous views over the pool & California Coastline. Hotel staff very friendly & happy to assist us. Provided us with a cot/crib for our little one to sleep in. Exceptional value for money! We definitely recommend staying here & would stay here again if we return to Pismo Beach. Ventana Grill is a fantastic restaurant beside the hotel. Beautiful food at a great price with desserts to die for!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Nikki R
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about us. It's a delight to know that you throgouhly enjoyed your ocean view room and we were able to comfortably accomodate your family. I am thrilled to hear that we were a good value for your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you get to visit Pismo Beach.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Shockingly rude and abusive treatment by a graveyard shift front desk manager named Andrew. We were promised an ocean view; instead got just the ugly sight of a pool and other hotel rooms (arrived late at night; turns out there's a tiny glimpse of the ocean if you crane your head far enough). When I returned and said politely we were unhappy with the room, Andrew, who had been extremely unfriendly from the start and had kept with condescending voice calling my wife "dear", inexplicably, without provocation, raised his voice, and said in a bizarre, word-by-word aggressive delivery: "It. Is. An. Ocean. View." When I respectfully disagreed with him, he kept repeating that, and added: "That's what you paid for. That's what you get." I said, calmly, "We only see other rooms from the window." He kept his voice raised, assumed a belligerent wide-armed stance, and said: "I will not argue semantics with you!" I asked if there were other rooms; staring me down with beady eyes, he said there were none. When I pointed out that the vacancy sign was lit, he said: "Oh, oh, so now you're calling me a liar?" I was dumbfounded and shocked, already exhausted from having driven for hours late at night. I said, "You're very rude." He then said: "If you say another word, I will evict you." Yes, he said that. He then said, "You're not even a registered guest." (My wife and I both checked in together, but he somehow deemed me illegitimate because my wife had registered the room in her name.) After hearing of this exchange, my wife called the front desk from the abysmal room we had been placed in, to see about getting a refund and finding another hotel, but Andrew immediately sneeringly called her "dear" again. She said, "Can you please not call me 'dear'?" He blew up at her, and said: "You can leave." We were dumbfounded. We tried to find another hotel room, but it was too late and other available options were few and beyond our budget. We were exhausted and in shock, so we just stayed the night. The next morning, an unresponsive national customer service agent told us to talk to the day manager, who wouldn't be able to speak to us for another hour. I waited, and met the manager (Barbara) at the front desk, and explained our experience. She was oddly blank on hearing of our treatment. Rather than express shock or sincere apologies, she was skeptical, and said that she knew the night manager well, and would need to get his side of the story. She did offer a measly compensation, but her response smacked of indifference. Overall: the false advertising "ocean view" room was bad enough; the abusive treatment from the manager was shocking, almost unbelievable. We didn't feel safe staying there after that. The lack of an adequate response to our complaint from the day manager added insult to injury. Needless to say, we will never set foot in this hotel again, let alone any Best Western.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Tor T
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. First, I apologize that you felt our staff was not hospitable. As you may have seen on other reviews online, we consistently exceed service expectations so it is disappointing when a guest is dissatisfied. I can assure you that when we do have issues that arise we do make the effort to address it with our staff. We use it as a learning opportunity and make changes as appropriate. I apologize if you or your wife felt disrespected, that certainly was not the intent. The following morning when I met with you, I felt you were satisfied with the room once the view was apparent in the daylight. I was pleased when you decided to remain in that room for the second night of your stay. I did want to address a specific concern that you expressed with regard to our representation of the view types. All our rooms do have an ocean view, however, both in the descriptions and photos posted on our website, it explains the type/level of view. Our website offers many photos of our rooms with the applicable description and the applicable rate. Additionally, all of our reservation staff are happy to assist with answering any questions or providing any extra descriptions. As always, we take any feedback as an opportunity to learn and make improvements both in customer service and how we promote our hotel. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to providing a better experience in the future.

Hanford, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel is position right on the cliffs over looking the ocean fantastic view of the sunset. All rooms look out to the ocean. Our room was in the three story build on the first follow over looking the swimming pool and ocean with a great balcony with two chairs and a table. The balcony is great for a drink and watch the sunset or in the morning with coffee watching the sunrise over the mountains.

The rooms are large and very nice. The have a wet bar with sink, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. Has large work table with two chairs and large flat screen TV. There is free Wi-Fi and breakfast include. The swimming pool and spa is heated along with a wind break about it. The is a restroom and towels poolside. The bathroom is large, great amenities and soft towels.

The hotel staff from the front desk, maid and the breakfast host were all great.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms on the end of the builds they look straight out over the ocean.