“Great Pismo hotel”
Review of Shore Cliff Hotel

Shore Cliff Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I spent my 60th birthday at the Shore Cliff with several friends. We needed about 9 rooms, each reserved and paid for individually and the hotel took care of it so the process was easy for all. Our rooms were great, with wonderful views. We celebrated my birthday with champagne and presents in the lobby before walking to the Vantana for dinner. Great fun for all!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We recently spent one night here and are already making plans to return. Front desk was helpful and friendly, when I requested a different room because ours was on the ground floor it was no problem, they cheerfully moved us to the third floor. The room was clean with double sinks in the bathroom. The room was well insulated and we never heard any noise from the hall or other guests. All of the rooms have balconies with a view of the ocean; we left our door open and listened to the sound of the waves all night. They have a check out time of noon instead of the usual 11:00. They even have pet friendly rooms if you want to bring your four legged friend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank infineon2004
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel sits on the cliffs overlooking the Ocean and the Pier, it very clean and has some beautiful views. Coffee on the on the private patio in the morning or evening is very relaxing. I'd highly recommend staying here if want as great place to just relax. It very easy to enter and exit the freeway and the little town of Pismo Beasch is very close by - dinning out is no problem, many fine restaurants are very close and easy to get to!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Panted ourselves at this hotel for 3 days in March during spring break. With two teenage boys in toe and mom flying soloed our first tea road trip, I was a bit nervous. The hotel was clean, safe and the staff friendly. Allowed me to give the boys some freedom to go to the pool by themselves while I dealt with the business issue I came to California to deal with. The view from the room ( we had an oceanfront room) was amazing. We loved our stay and if I find myself back in Pismo Beach I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Btw, don't mix this hotel up with the other Best Western down the road as I think that one looked a lot more dated and dirty...but the price reflects that and I happily paid the higher price here to stay in a great hotel.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are worth every penny.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed in April, weather was great. The hotel was a little older but very clean and well kept. Had a great view of the pier and ocean. Staff was very good. I stay here and not at the other best western due to price. I think the price we paid for this room was just right. I would pefer next time to stay upstairs, had some heavy foot traffic and could be heard. But I am a heavy sleeper, so no problems keeping me up. The property was well kept and would return. We took our car everywhere to grocery store and resturants, but nothing is to far away. I did notice the rooms over looking the pool, but they still had a nice view of the ocean, as some folks complained about this. Anyway it was nice. Did not expect a lot from the food, but at least they did have some and did eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our recent stay at the BW Plus Shore Cliff Lodge (May 2-4) was wonderful. Upon checking in, we received freshly made cookies. What a great start! The room was perfect. The king bed had 4 pillows and was very very comfortable. The bathroom had double sinks and plenty of granite countertop to spread out. The bath towels were soft and plush. The view from our room was amazing. We overlooked the pool and the ocean to the northwest. Sunsets were absolutely breathtaking. On the first level was the breakfast room that serves every morning until 10 am. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, pancakes, bagels, toast, danish, coffee, juice & tea. It was a nice start to the mornings. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

As all the reviews state, the hotel has exceptional views from the rooms and the balconies. We stayed on the third floor, facing the Pismo pier, and were able to watch and listen to the waves all night. The rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable. Although the breakfast is standard Best Western, overall this hotel is well worth the price. Try the next door restaurant, too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends