“Lovely hotel. Great sea views”
Review of Shore Cliff Hotel

Shore Cliff Hotel
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We just stayed the one night at this hotel on out road trip along the pacific coast highway. We had a really pleasant stay. Our room was lovely with a balcony and a beautiful sea view. The bed was good and so was the bathroom. We enjoyed the pool area which was very clean & supplied towels. The reception staff were very nice and very helpful suggesting restaurants etc.
When we left this hotel & moved on to another we realised we must have left my passport behind in the room. We rang the hotel & they were very helpful. We were put through to Linda ,Head of housekeeping. She was excellent , we are so grateful to her. She found my passport and arranged for it to be sent by courier to Vegas to the last hotel of our trip . All went smoothly thankfully !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I am thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay! I am glad that our staff were able to assist you in returning your passport to you. We hope that next time you visit the beautiful Central Coast we will see you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a great visit in Pismo beach. Followed up with a awesome visit to the hotel. Kate at the front desk was awesome and very informative, she showed sincere concern for her guest and that there stay would be pleasant. The view and the bed were by far the best amenities in the room. I'm a sucker for a bed that makes me just want to lay there all day. The continental breakfast was good, However it would be nice if they offered trays so those of us wanting a more intimate surrounding at breakfast time can take our goodies to the room. The view spectacular, I didn't get to experience the sauna or pool, it was pretty crowded up until it closed but it was clean and plenty of towels. My only concern was the bathroom , the shower didn't seem to be thoroughly clean enough for me and our toilet didn't completely flush, We manage the night since we were out enjoying the views and weather. At check out Katie did inform me I could have contacted the front desk and it would've been handled. Thanks Katie you were the highlight of my visit as far as people I was in contact with out there, everyone wasn't as inviting and friendly. And great job on the seafood restaurant choices you referred me too. I had a great lunch... Lastly a $50 incidental hold was added to my bill once I checked out and I wasn't informed on the web site for booking of this added hold so I called just to confirm and explain to the girl that answer the phone that this should've been communicated one way or the other. I understand some hotels do this but generally its communicated she proceeded to tell me that I should have known this since all hotels do this and put me on hold, she didn't ask me to hold at all I was on hold for 15min, can someone say RUDE. I just hung up and decided to right my review and do my research next time. Unfortunately I didn't get her name.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your review! I am thrilled to hear that Katie was particularly helpful to you during your visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the view and comfortable bed as well. I did want to let you know we do have trays available for our guests to take their breakfast back to the room, any of our Breakfast Room Associates can provide our guests with a tray. I am sorry that we may not have been clear enough regarding the $50 incidental hold. I will work with the staff to make sure that we communicate that more clearly in the future upon check in. I do hope that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Exceptional hotel with great service, wonderful pool area and views that were breathtaking. The room had a great view and was very comfortable. The bed was awesome! We will certainly return here. Best Western has never let us down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of our hotel. We are pleased to have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I needed a getaway and both love Pismo, we stopped here and asked to check out a room to get a feel for the place and the view! Wow amazing, we had to stay just based on the spectacular views! Only issue was website said we got fresh baked cookies upon on arrival and asked the three days and never had any available.
Also on our last day out enjoying the gorgeous pool there was a group of about 6 people who jumped the fence and used the pool for about an hour while we were there. They weren't rowdy or too loud but took all the towels. A hotel staff member saw them and quickly turned towards the office, I'm guessing to let front desk know but no one ever did.
Small issues to a perfect 4 day stay in beautiful Pismo!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our large heated pool and amazing views. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had two nights at this hotel after driving the Big. Sur from Carmel
Upgraded the room to a second floor room above the reception which afforded us with amazing views from our balcony. Even watched the dolphins playing
Good location.
Lovely clean hotel
Large room
Good breakfast

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the block with two floors and choose the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is pretty amazing to see the dolphins, seals, and otters from the hotel! We look forward to your next visit to the beautiful Central Coast!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Best Western in Pismo Beach has now become a destination place for us. We had a two bedroom suite overlooking the water. The view from our balcony, and sounds of the waves at night, were extraordinary, as were the furnishings, dimensions of the room. Everything was perfect! Out 17 year old daughter loved it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ambag2014

Thank you for the amazing review of your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that we are your new destination place! We look forward to having you and your family return to our property!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This property is in a great location, right on the shore cliff as the property name suggests. The room is basic but nice and provides everything you need and when you consider the price this hotel ranks among the best in Pismo. The pool/spa area was very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful, evening offering us fresh baked cookies when we checked in. The price included a continental breakfast so all in all this perfectly located hotel with breakfast included for 2 was under $100/night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple