“Love the Central Coast”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Ridgecrest, California
“Love the Central Coast”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Marisol, next door to the hotel and we loved the location and view. We decided to return soon to the area and stay at this hotel. We had a nice room with a sweeping view of the ocean. The staff was super helpful and friendly. We prefer traveling here in the fall and winter since it's less crowded and the weather is usually gorgeous. We are returning in February........

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Donna T ~ I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and am happy to welcome you back as a regular. We look forward to your February stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Hebrew first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our honeymoon and I couldn’t have been happier with our choice. we booked this directly with the hotel and they were so friendly and helpful even letting me select a room in the middle on the top floor for the best views! We arrived here after a 10 hour car journey from Yosemite (via other places) and we couldn’t have asked for anything more. the rooms were bright clean and very comfortable and the views were amazing. The main bar was really busy in the evening (we got there on a Saturday) and the atmosphere was great. It was the perfect pit stop after driving the big sur on our way to LA. Will definitely be recommending.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
LadyBF ~ Congratulations on your marriage, we're honored that you chose to spend a part of your honeymoon with us! I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations especially after a long drive. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your coastal California trip. We look forward to seeing you again (maybe on your 1 year anniversary)!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Living in SF and running my own business (resume writing service), it is hard to find more than a few days in a row for R/R. However, I always find time during the first 3 days of Thanksgiving week to escape and "rest my brain". I have always loved the Central Coast of CA but have not spend nearly as much time in the area as I would like. So, instead of Vegas, San Diego or Hawaii, I left town, and drove 3.5 hours to The Cliffs. I had a fantastic experience. I had a "Room with a View" - a crazy view of the ocean with my own balcony. Up early to the sound of the ocean, my experience was so peaceful. I also had a one hour massage (almost fell asleep).

Would I do this again - YES! In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I had the best room in the house - 4th floor, balcony overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Allan B ~ I'm so glad you had a chance to relax and "rest your brain"! I hope we can continue to be a quick getaway for you to escape and recharge. Thank you for your kind review, we hope to see you again before Thanksgiving!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend here and really enjoyed our stay. We chose the hotel for it's great location, overlooking the beach and close to all the places we wanted to visit. The staff from the reception, valets and maids were excellent. Everyone was friendly and genuinely seemed to want to be there. We requested a quite room and ended up in 506. The view from the room was beautiful! At night, the noise from people in the jacuzzi did seem to travel up the building and you could clearly hear people's conversations. However, everyone was gone by 10pm, so it was not an issue. The adjoining restaurant wasn't too pricey and the food was tasty.

For the price, it was great place on the Pacific Ocean. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
NOSNED ~ I'm so glad you had a great weekend with us and that you enjoyed your room. The views from 506 are outstanding, however for your next stay, our Partial Ocean View rooms (which face north toward Avila Beach and have a view from the balcony) or our suites (oceanfront) are the quietest rooms on property as they don't overlook the pool and jacuzzi, but it sounds like 506 worked out well!
We look forward to seeing you again soon, Stephanie
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great Location and Rooms for a Friend's Weekend! Wonderful walks on the beach and very comfortable, clean rooms. Very good beds and baths with comfortable clean linens. Terrific large jacuzzi! And very beautiful unusual furnishings in the public areas -- I enjoyed looking at those. Only drawback…no service at the pool in the off season.
The food and service in the restaurant was good. The restaurant has outdoor heaters and plenty of tables that look out over the ocean. One little complaint…the restaurant had a bit of an odor that never seemed to disperse…maybe the floor or the bar area needs a deep cleaning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Rose C ~ I'm so glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in our accomodations! We've been having amazing weather, perfect for walks on the beach at the bottom of the cliff. I will be sure to pass on your information to our Restaurant Manager ~ thank you, Rose!
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January and this hotel is beautiful! The people at the front desk were so amazing! Very friendly and helpful! Everyone that works at this hotel was extremely nice!! The rooms were lovely and the bed was very comfy! The best part...the view!! It sits right on the ocean and the restaurant had the best view! I definitely recommend this place!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
MelissaMasters ~ Thank you for your glowing review! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself so much and were able to take full advantage of our ocean views.
We look forward to your next stay, Stephanie
Fresno, ca
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at The Cliffs. We were in Room 447 and had a beautiful view of the ocean. This room is not overlooking the pool and therefore was not very noisy. The bed linens were luxurious and there was an abundance of bath towels. The amenities provided in the bathroom were top notch. We had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and bath salts were provided. The tub was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They give you bottled water if you ask for it! Quite a change from some hotels that will charge you $4.00 for a bottle of water. We tried the breakfast buffet one morning but we weren't impressed.

We hope to return soon. Loved it here.

Room Tip: Room 447….great view. Top floor….Not over the pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Jennifer S ~ I'm glad you found your stay with us quiet and relaxing and that the staff were helpful. It sounds like you enjoyed the bath as well ~ the suites have a great view outside, but the amenities in the room (like the whirlpool bath) are also pretty fabulous!
We look forward to your next stay, Stephanie