“Anniversary”
Review of The Cliffs Resort

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 6 April 2014

No room service, only on the weekends. For the suite, there was only one sink! It would have been nice to have a microwave. There was a dog barking right below us was not pleasant, two calls to the front desk to get the problem solved....The large tub, with "air-jets" was great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

I am glad you enjoyed the tub for your anniversary, Kevin! Of course it's too late to save the mood but I wish we had taken care of the downstairs neighbors' dog quicker. While we sometimes try to give the owners a chance to come and calm their pets themselves, I know that waiting for that resolution is not ideal for other guests nearby. Hopefully if you come back again soon, we can get you set on a higher floor for a little more peace and quiet!

There are newer reviews for The Cliffs Resort

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great view from the room. Overall enjoyable experience. Few things were missing from our package deal and was never brought up to the room even after asking about it. The rooms were clean and had a great nights rest. The cleaning staff was super amazing and friendly. Can't say the same about the staff at the front desk.. Think they need to be replaced with more welcoming personnel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Arlene F
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

I am so sorry to hear that we missed the dessert for your Signature Sunday stay this visit, Ms. Flores! I just went back to credit you for the part of the package that we did not deliver on. Hopefully if you will be coming back to the area again, we can send you something sweet to make up for the less-welcoming treatment from your stay this week.

Please let me know if you choose to give us another chance!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The first time I stayed at your hotel, was great. Now, with a full hotel, no room service, none of the pet items in my room upon arrival, and the maid walked in without knocking! heater didn't work, and the room was very loud in the morning. I asked for bottled waters, and they were delivered in the plastic case, and I got the feeling I was being a pest. I have stayed at your hotel at least 6 times in the past 5 months, and each time it was progressively worse. the only time that my room was pet ready was the first time. Each additional time, I had to ask the bell boy who brought up my luggage for my puppies bed, and bowls and only received her menu on my first stay. If it is a pet friendly room, why isn't it pet friendly? the second morning of my stay, the maid walked in without knocking, and I was getting ready to use the rest room. I have never had that happen to me before, at any hotel I have stayed in. And last, but not least, if the hotel is full, why isn't room service available? Its April, and when I stayed in December and January, it was available, but now that more and more people are coming in, it isn't? Doesn't make sense to me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristine K

I very much appreciate your honesty in this review, Ms. Kirkorian. I can certainly see how my staff missed the opportunity to anticipate your needs. Especially for a repeat loyal guest such as yourself, we should be ready to provide a seamless visit from check in to amenity deliveries. I will certainly bring this review to their attention so we can all work together to match that first experience you had at The Cliffs, and I hope to see you with us again soon.

Thank you again and I look forward to ensuring a much better return visit,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Perfect upscale on a budget home base for exploring Pismo and Avila. Loved the heated pool. Loved the fitness center. The room
Was very clean. Comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet was mediocre with limited and strange choices

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2014

There isn't a whole lot in Pismo beach, but this hotel was a gem. The staff was friendly, the room was spacious, nicely decorated and the fireplace was such a nice touch. But what most impressed me was the breakfast buffet - truly amazing food, great quality, selection of both healthy and hearty options! Will definitely stay there next time we're in the area!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Lauren R ~ I'm happy to hear you were so impressed with our breakfast buffet! Hannah, our Pastry Chef, puts a lot of effort into making luscious, but also healthful treats to enjoy. Many of our breakfast staff, like Luis at the Omelet Station, have been with us for years and definitely know how to make a mean omelet! We'll be sure to have some freshly baked goodies for your next stay.
Take care, Stephanie

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We returned here for our 35th wedding anniversary after many previous trips. Again, we were not disappointed. All the staff from front desk to valet and bell stand greeted us with a warm smile. Can't beat the location and views. The fact we can bring our ten year old Shitzu just added to the joy because she is welcome with open arms as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Daniel Marin O ~ Congratulations on your 35th anniversary! What an honor that you chose to spend it with us. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel, that means a lot to us.
We look forward to your next stay, Stephanie

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Cliffs Resort is located in one of the most beautiful spots I have had the privilege of seeing. The staff will go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. Be sure to walk along the beach during low tide and make to the pier downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin C

Kevin C ~ I'm so glad you enjoyed our location to the fullest, including a walk on our beach! Most importantly though, I'm glad you were well taken care of by our staff, as that is our number one goal.
We hope to see you again soon, Stephanie