“frequent travelers”
Review of The Cliffs Resort

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great facility, good people, good food, great service. Those guys that valet park your car certainly know the area and the good places to visit. They were a great help.Also enjoyed the family feel. Looking forward to our next stay. Many thanks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Greaat service and location. Sea of Love Package made our anniversary very special. Watching the sunset from our ocean view room with private balcony was spectacular. The couple massage was quite a treat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are great. We usually get a partial ocean view because it fits into our budget. Happy hour on premises has wonderful food. Pizza hand made every day along with another dish. On Wednesday the steamed clams are amazing and offered for a nominal fee. The pizza is complimentary. The pool area is nice and the lobby is very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

I am glad to hear you got to take advantage of our happy hours during your visit! Our pastry chef Hannah actually makes all the pizzas, you can usually meet her handing it out during our Karmic Pizza Thursday, when we donate a portion of the day's profits (along with any donations guests give) to a local charity!

We appreciate your being such a loyal guest and look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

No room service, only on the weekends. For the suite, there was only one sink! It would have been nice to have a microwave. There was a dog barking right below us was not pleasant, two calls to the front desk to get the problem solved....The large tub, with "air-jets" was great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

I am glad you enjoyed the tub for your anniversary, Kevin! Of course it's too late to save the mood but I wish we had taken care of the downstairs neighbors' dog quicker. While we sometimes try to give the owners a chance to come and calm their pets themselves, I know that waiting for that resolution is not ideal for other guests nearby. Hopefully if you come back again soon, we can get you set on a higher floor for a little more peace and quiet!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great view from the room. Overall enjoyable experience. Few things were missing from our package deal and was never brought up to the room even after asking about it. The rooms were clean and had a great nights rest. The cleaning staff was super amazing and friendly. Can't say the same about the staff at the front desk.. Think they need to be replaced with more welcoming personnel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Arlene F
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

I am so sorry to hear that we missed the dessert for your Signature Sunday stay this visit, Ms. Flores! I just went back to credit you for the part of the package that we did not deliver on. Hopefully if you will be coming back to the area again, we can send you something sweet to make up for the less-welcoming treatment from your stay this week.

Please let me know if you choose to give us another chance!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The first time I stayed at your hotel, was great. Now, with a full hotel, no room service, none of the pet items in my room upon arrival, and the maid walked in without knocking! heater didn't work, and the room was very loud in the morning. I asked for bottled waters, and they were delivered in the plastic case, and I got the feeling I was being a pest. I have stayed at your hotel at least 6 times in the past 5 months, and each time it was progressively worse. the only time that my room was pet ready was the first time. Each additional time, I had to ask the bell boy who brought up my luggage for my puppies bed, and bowls and only received her menu on my first stay. If it is a pet friendly room, why isn't it pet friendly? the second morning of my stay, the maid walked in without knocking, and I was getting ready to use the rest room. I have never had that happen to me before, at any hotel I have stayed in. And last, but not least, if the hotel is full, why isn't room service available? Its April, and when I stayed in December and January, it was available, but now that more and more people are coming in, it isn't? Doesn't make sense to me.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristine K

I very much appreciate your honesty in this review, Ms. Kirkorian. I can certainly see how my staff missed the opportunity to anticipate your needs. Especially for a repeat loyal guest such as yourself, we should be ready to provide a seamless visit from check in to amenity deliveries. I will certainly bring this review to their attention so we can all work together to match that first experience you had at The Cliffs, and I hope to see you with us again soon.

Thank you again and I look forward to ensuring a much better return visit,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Perfect upscale on a budget home base for exploring Pismo and Avila. Loved the heated pool. Loved the fitness center. The room
Was very clean. Comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet was mediocre with limited and strange choices

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family