My husband and I stayed here for our 5 year anniversary. This is the first time we have gone anywhere without our kids in 4 years, so we were excited to stay at a beautiful property.
We had a partial ocean/pool view. We could clearly see the ocean, it was beautiful. Facing the pool is very loud though. I think I would request a different location next time. The room itself was ok. Nice, but not a 4 star rating. The bed wasn't very comfortable.
There is a beautiful bar area at this resort. All of the bartenders were extremely attentive.
We stayed Thurs-Sat. At 5:15am on Friday morning, the fire alarm went off. No fire existed, but it was quite the way to wake up. All the hotel guests waited outside for it to be turned off. After 20 min, it was finally turned off and we were able to go back to our rooms. We have 2 small children... Sleeping in was something I looked forward to, but the alarm foiled that plan.
There were no apologies... No offering anything. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant (it's not worth the money. Standard, at best), and had to pay for it. We were woken up at 5:15... The least they could have done would be to pay for our breakfast. Very disappointing.
We will not be staying here again. It's not worth the money for the service we received. I couldn't recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Friday night wine and cheese reception and Saturday Sangria Reception. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, new Spa diaFeliz and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily, as well as Sunday Brunch. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort