“A "Cool" Place to Stay”
Review of The Cliffs Resort

The Cliffs Resort
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 13 August 2014

With temperatures over 100 degrees inland, The Cliffs is the perfect getaway. Cooler temps, great views, sunsets and a wonderful area to go for a walk. The resort and surrounding areas are very pet friendly too. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and clean. We have always enjoyed our stay at The Cliffs!

Room Tip: We enjoy the pet friendly rooms when we take our dog. The slider opens to the outside for easy acce...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Kay R ~ I'm glad we could be a cool retreat for you and your pups! I am happy to hear that our staff has taken good care of you and been so accommodating. Thank you for being a loyal guest, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Stay cool, Stephanie

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the cliffs in August 2014 and enjoyed our stay. It was a bit of a flying visit, staying just one night, but the food was amazing, happy hour drinks were reasonable prices and the hotel was clean and modern with good facilities (didn't have a chance to use the pool but it looked good). The views from the clifftop were breathtaking and the sunset vista from the beach, just a few minutes walk down some steps, was stunning. The room was good with no view in our case (but by choice to keep the costs down) . Bed was company, shower was hot and powerful enough and generally nothing bad to say about it. Would return or recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Phil B ~ Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Although it was a short stay, it sounds like you were able to enjoy much of our property, and I'm glad you found it comfortable. We are fortunate to have some amazing sunsets, always a great way to end your day!
Thank you for the recommendation, we hope to see you again ~ Stephanie

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My cousin was celebrating her 90-th birthday and this was the purpose of my visit in USA. We made 3-day trip to Pismo beach and Santa Barbara and staed two nights in that remarcable place. The staf was very nice and ready to help. The place was full but they changed our room who faced the pool for a very quiet and comfortable. We were surprised by a bottle of wine and a card for the birthday! I wish I could be there again for 100-th birthday of my dear Vera!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank smily53

smily53 ~ What a great birthday celebration for your cousin. I'm sure she was thrilled to have you there to celebrate with her and we are honored to have been a part of it. We look forward to seeing you both for her 100th birthday celebration, if not before.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I recently spent one night at The Cliffs resort and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort is situated on a bluff overlooking the beautiful Pacific. There is a walking path along the cliff that connects the resort with the other two hotels and restaurants on the bluff. The beach-access path and steps down to the sand are located right next to The Cliffs. As far as the service is concerned, we were very impressed with the staff members. The valet, the front desk staff and the pool attendant were all friendly, accommodating and attentive. They made us feel special and helped us have a relaxing time. Overall, it was a wonderful getaway!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. Rooms facing away from the pool (north west) are quieter and have per...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank schneidy

schneidy ~ I'm so glad you and your husband could enjoy a staycation with us! It sounds like you enjoyed a lovely walk down by the beach and along the cliff, but most importantly I'm happy to hear that you were impressed by the service. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It has been over 5 years since I had stayed at this hotel. I recall the rooms being fair and the outside looking ok, but this recent trip was a pleasant surprise. When I open the door to the room I said "Oh Yea" It looked brand new. The set up was very comfortable and so was the bed. I only spent one night here for a business trip, but it was a nice stay. The price is about right for a hotel room by the beach and the view is wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the pool towards the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

145jaimev ~ I'm glad we were able to pleasantly surprise you with our room updates and that you found the room comfortable. Be sure to come back when you're not working so you have some time to enjoy the property!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our second stay at the Cliffs, and once again we were very pleased. We spent four nights the week of July 4th. Again we brought our little dog, and again we had a patio on the pool area - this is ideal with dogs. Staff all super friendly. Complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and champagne at our Saturday check-in. Saturday Movie night outside at the fire pit included complimentary s'mores fixin's and hot chocholate with a showing of Nemo. Plenty of seating around the pool, nice large hot tub. There is complimentary coffee every morning, and Sunday morning there were delicious muffins as well. Comfy outdoor couches. The location is just perfect - on a bluff with a staircase to a swimmable beach. The bathroom is still small and dated, but everything else is great.

Room Tip: Ocean or pool view. We love ground floor with patio exiting to pool deck.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Cassietrip ~ Welcome back! I'm so glad you and your pup enjoyed your stay with us over the July 4th weekend. It sounds like you had a chance to take part in our weekend festivities, what's a summer by the fire pit without s'mores afterall!
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay, Stephanie

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Me n my bf both went out there last year or the first time in August and the experience I'm this hotel is the reason why we come back, we got the deal from groupon and we loved it the staff was really nice the lobby is beautiful the location is good patio view is ocean front I loved it

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Camila N ~ I'm so glad you've enjoyed your stays with us and continue to come back. We hope to see you again before next summer!