My husband and I wanted a few days away at a beach location where our dog, a St. Bernard, was welcome. After reading about the The Cliffs dog policy, I wanted to give them a try, as the hotel was an easy traveling distance from our home.
From the very first moment we arrived, every staff member treated us AND our dog as welcome guests. The dog bed and dog bowls in the room were more than large enough, even for our St. Bernard. We were allowed to take her with us to the restaurant, at one of the outdoor tables. Water bowls were readily available, and if we wanted, we could even order something from the doggy menu for our furry companion.
Access to the beach is very convenient. Our room was located on the first floor (as are all the rooms where dogs are allowed), with a sliding glass door opening onto a small patio area. Beyond the patio was a beautiful grass area. Although our room faced the ocean, we couldn't actually see the ocean from our windows - only the upper floors truly have an ocean view. This is something to keep in mind when making a reservation. Personally, I liked the convenience of the first floor location, and didn't consider the view an issue.
Our only negative experience (and it was fairly minor) was at the restaurant. It was difficult to get service out on the terrace unless you actually went inside and told someone you were there. It wasn't so much of a problem for us since there were two of us, and one person could wait outside with the dog. It could be an a much bigger issue if you're there by yourself with your dog. Otherwise, the service was good (once you got it) and the food was great.
A couple of suggestions that would have made our stay even better: it would be great to have a location outside where you can rinse the sand off your dog after playing on the beach. Although we were invited to use the spot set up for people to rinse their feet, it's a spray nozzle attached to a post and it's difficult to position a dog under the spray (we ended up using the shower in our room). A hand-held nozzle on a hose would be ideal. The other suggestion would be to have more fresh fruit choices in the breakfast buffet.
I loved our stay there, and I hope I have the opportunity to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Friday night wine and cheese reception and Saturday Sangria Reception. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, new Spa diaFeliz and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily, as well as Sunday Brunch. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort