“Horrible”

Edgewater Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am 20 years old and have stayed at the edgewater inn a couple times and me and my boyfriend loved it. so we booked a family stay her on april 18th 2014 when I get there and go to check in they told me I have to be 21 to stay there that they need someone who is 21 to show them there id. Get this I have stayed there a couple times before and NEVER DID THEY EVER MENTION THAT! so I get my boyfriend and then they tell me my whole party has to be 21! can you believe that. I had a 2 year old daughter in the car and everyone else was 18 and above and they told me I could not stay there. it is easter weekend and how the heck am I supposed to find a hotel for everybody. They ended up letting me stay because I told them I stayed there a couple times and to pull up the records. They obviously do not no how to run there hotel and should mention to customers there regulation to stay there. I would not recommened this hotel. There staff is rude aLL though the view is great but I rather stay somewhere else where they are not going to tell you your family cant stay there when you go to check in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kaylen94
EdgewaterInnSuites, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Kaylen94,
Thank you for writing a review. We do have a strict 21 and older policy. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, your friends, and your 2 year old daughter. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My last review I wasn't sure if I would be back. But family members love it here so decided I would give it a try again. I was not disappointed in the hotel or the staff. My only problem was there was a motorcycle get together and they took over the hotel parking lot and the adjacent hotel. They were rowdy, loud and the motorcycles were just obnoxious. They kept setting off the alarm on a pickup truck over and over. It didn't not make for a very peaceful vacation with the noise of the motorcycles or the car alarms. Other than that our stay was great. We needed a room change after our second night and they accommodated us very well. Muffins, juice and coffee in the lobby every morning which made for a nice little snack to start the day. They have greatly improved the doggie potty area, very much appreciated. Thank you for that. Edgewater has one of the hardest workers on their staff...We didn't get his name but always saw him working. He was very friendly and we enjoyed talking with him whenever we saw him, which was often. He seemed like the Energizer Bunny....he just kept going and going. In the conversations we had with him he mentioned moving to the coast from Oregon. Edgewater you need to know what a fine hard working man you have in your employ. We will be back and hope to soon...we will just ask first if there will be any obnoxious motorcycle clubs staying at the same time. We will pick another date to avoid them for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shell1965

Dear Shell1965,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! The Harley rally only happens once a year in Pismo, but we are sorry you it was going on while you were here. We want you to be able to relax and enjoy your time here. We do have amazing staff members and we really appreciate all of their hard work. We know exactly which staff member you are talking about and we will be sure to pass on our appreciation. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I love staying at Edgewater, it is our go to place. This weekend was not very relaxing, the entire area was taken over by motorcycles, apparently there was some sort event. I have nothing against motorcycles but they are so loud and the 2 days so far was totally disrupted by the noise, not to mention all the car alarms being set off constantly. Of course next stay we will make sure to ask if there is a Harley event! Lesson learned...will ask next time be before we make reservations! This was not very relaxing or peaceful!!!

Room Tip: No fitness room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alice P

Dear Alice P,
Thank you for your review. We love that we are your “go to place”. We apologize for the noise from the Harley event. It is a once a year event in Pismo, so you shouldn’t have to worry about it the next time you come out. We want you to be able to relax while you’re here. We will see you next time!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel is an older hotel, but it is very clean, and has a balcony where you can look out at the ocean (some rooms on lower floors get the view of another building). It is not a 5 star hotel by any means; but to get a nice, clean hotel within 100 yards of the beach is usually very pricey. The bed was very comfortable. It has a nice pool, and is within easy walking distance to the beach & the pier. The "breakfast" is just coffee/juice and a muffin, so don't get too excited when you hear that they have a breakfast.

It is not a 4 or 5 star hotel by any means. It is 2-star hotel with an above average goal of pleasing the customer; good beds, it is very clean in a great location for a great price.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that have a good view of the ocean if that is important. Also you can ask for the bui...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Salupm,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you were able to enjoy the ocean views and close proximity to the beach. We’ve added fresh fruit to the morning snack. We don’t advertise as having breakfast, because we do not offer breakfast. We offer something light to get you going in the morning- fresh baked muffins, fresh fruits, coffee, juice, and tea. We apologize for any confusion. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I booked the Edgewater for my son who is driving up from LA and needs to stop for one night. He is a very responsible 19 year old but would not honor the reservation due to the fact that is he younger than 21. No flexiblity. :-(

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Steiny,
Thank you for writing this review. Our hotel has a strict 21 and over policy that is similar to most of the hotels in Pismo. The 21 and over policy is to help ensure our hotel stays as family friendly as possible and helps avoid any problems with excessive partying. While we do believe your son is responsible and would never cause any problems, there are certain policies we are not able to make an exception to. If we make an exception for one, we must make an exception for all. We wish you and your son all the best and do hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very nice hotel, we usually stay at the BW'sin town but they were full, wife found Edgewater and at a good price.
It was clean, close to water, walking to the pier was easy, the place was compfortable, nice pool and helpful staff, needs a paint job and new carpets but we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Camperbear,
Thank you for your lovely review of our property. We are glad you appreciate our clean and comfortable rooms and our close proximity to everything Pismo has to offer. We are working on getting new carpet in every room, as well as other upgrades. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed over the MLK weekend. Had a great time! Right on the beach, close to the pier, super friendly staff! The breakfast was enough and nice to have hot coco after an evening stroll on the beach. Biggest selling point - price & dog friendly. We can't wait to come back. Thanks!

Room Tip: Pay a little more and have an ocean view. Worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dana W

Dear Dana W,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it. You’ll be happy to know we have added fruit in the mornings as well. We are glad you were able to enjoy your vacation with your dog and we look forward to seeing you again soon.