“Not what we were expecting....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oxford Suites Pismo Beach

Oxford Suites Pismo Beach
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Fresno, California
“Not what we were expecting....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

First of all, when we arrived the clerk told us we booked "wrong". We had 3 kids and the website did not have a field to input children under 12 years old so we didn't put them down plus children under 13 are free supposedly. Either way we checked in at noon and were given a room but scolded about the check in time regardless we were happy to get a room early anyway. They looked bigger on website but at least they were bigger than most hotel rooms. Air conditioner did not work entire stay and it was a hotter than usual weekend. The free shampoo, hand soap and shower gel were all the same soap consistency, very watered down. Not good but will do the job for hand washing. Rooms are nicely decorated but with old "mission" smell. Beds are comfy and did the job. Breakfast was better than continental but not delicious. They need a much bigger space to actually eat your food. Just a quick note, walls are thin, you can hear EVERYTHING! AND it is a dog friendly place so be prepared for animals barking and pooping.

Room Tip: Make sure you let them know you have children or pets ahead of time.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank man a
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Pismo Beach, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for the feedback. We want each of our guests to feel welcomed, as we are so thankful you have chosen our hotel. We are truly sorry that your check in process was not as pleasant as it could have been. Mechanical issues occasionally arise and we are more than happy to move our guests, when we are able to do so. Again, we truly apologize that your stay did not meet either of our expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have a dog and picked this hotel based on reviews here. Be aware there is a $25 additional fee for a dog. There is also a cap on the number of rooms to accommodate pets. Unfortunately neither was known to me until I checked in. The receptionist said I was supposed to call ahead to confirm. I ended up paying more than I should have since I got downgraded in room.

The room was great. Nice furnishings, DVD player, and an unclogged internet connection. Only knock was the low rent scent that I have come to associate with motels covering up the scent of cigarette smoke. Fortunately that only lasted ten minutes. I'd stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Fruitland Park, Fla.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great place to stay. Super clean, roomy, suites. comfy beds 2 flat screen tv's one in living area another in separate bedroom. Great rates compared to comparable area Hotels and you get coupons for 2 free glasses of wine or beer per adult guest. COOL. We were very impressed with this place. I'd highly recommend. Oh and free hot breakfast!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom suite for 2 nights on the second floor. Room was BIG, clean, and the bed was really comfortable. The bedroom and the "living room" both had a TV, the bed and pillows were really comfortable and had myself a really good night sleep. Also, the lobby is a cool place to hang out to get a drink, (btw you get free drink coupons) and they have a pretty decent selection of DVD rentals just in case you want to stay in and watch a movie. Only problem was that the location was kinda weird, but not too bad. Overall, I recommend this hotel and the area has a lot of cool places to go to get good food and for wine tasting.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
riverside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Don't normally do reviews but really appreciated my stay here. My son is in his senior year at Cal Poly so it took me four years to find this hotel. My daughter was staying with her water polo team at another location the same weekend and couldn';t believe the amenities she witnessed at the hotel in comparision to where she was staying for about the same price. The suite was spacious. The room was clean. The breakfast was good. My only recommendation is to open more of these throughout the state. Have other children at other universities and would love to utilize this chain elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Traveling down the PCH, I was blessed to come across this hotel. I'm sure the room rates were low because it was a mid-week stay off-season (mid-April), but for $95, we couldn't have asked, or expected, more. FREE Wi-fi, FREE hot breakfast, 2 FREE glasses of wine/beers per person (never judge a free drink, btw), FREE parking, and so convenient to the highway. You literally can get right on the highway from the parking lot. I'm not sure how close to the beach this place is, but we drove to the downtown area in less than 5 minutes. I've done a lot of traveling the last few years, but I've never gotten this much value from a single reservation. The room was big, with 2 flat screen TVs and a comfy bed, a fridge, microwave, and a big sink outside the bathroom (good for me and my wife to get ready at the same time).

I'm not saying it's the nicest hotel ever, but I am saying it's the best bang for your buck in the country.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield,Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We only needed a hotel for one night as we were traveling with the kids for a weekend fishing trip to Lake Lopez. The hotel is right off the freeway, easy on and off the 101. There were six of us total and we had enough space in the suite for eveyone. The kids enjoyed the heated pool while we enjoyed the cocktail hour. I don't understand why people complain about the free two drinks you get with your coupon, after all you are not paying for your drinks and if you wish to purchase something else from the bar you most certainly can.All of the staff were really friendly.
We rented movies for the kids and they stayed up late in the living room area of the suite while we closed the divider door and slept. The room was away from the pool area on the far end so it was peaceful. Very cleann room accomidations. Breakfast was included in the price and saved us some money. We had a wonderful stay at the hotel and would reccommend it to everyone, but please be aware that there are alot of people staying at this hotel with there kids and of course there pets so if this is a problem for you stay elsewhere. As for us we will return!

Room Tip: Plenty of place to eat nearby. We really enjoyed Ginos Pizza.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family