“A gorgeous beachfront hotel that is a must-see.”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My husband and I highly recommend this resort. It was a relaxing retreat that was just what the doctor ordered. We had beach access and a breathtaking view of the ocean. Everything about this place was top-notch. We will definitely be staying here again.

Reviewed 12 April 2011

We enjoyed our stay. The Hotel offers fabulous ocean views, direct beach access and wonderful staff. The room decor was fresh and amenities were first rate. The views of the ocean and direct beach access were also a nice surprise. I would defiantly stay here again!

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I'm conflicted about this hotel. I think mostly because of the sort of retro feel(yes they have fake wood grained vinyl flooring in the foyer and bathroom. But, that being said, the location is good with great access to the beach down a flight of stairs. The front of the building hides a really nice grass lawn, two large in-ground hot tubs and the swimming pool. A very nice setting.

Our ocean view room was clean and quite large, although the small refrigerator wheezed and the finicky heater/cooler was a bit noisy. Other than that noise was not an issue. Good in-room coffee maker with a microwave and the aforementioned refer.

The staff were helpful and efficient, but not terribly warm. Doesn't matter to me one way or another as long as they get the job done. The complementary continental breakfast was ok...bagels, danish, cereal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, orange juice, and (all day) coffee - cookies in the evening.

The location at the north end of the very long beach was good. A nice walk south along the beach takes you to the municipal wharf and downtown Pismo.

Room Tip: We had room 232 directly facing the ocean/view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at the SeaCrest Hotel. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. The rate was a last minute booking at only $90. From the street, the exterior does not look amazing but there was some small construction. Large parking lot for free overnight parking.

Stayed in room 402 which is located in the far right tower. Definitely glad we chose to settle with 2 queen beds located on the forth floor rather than a king on the first floor. The room was large and spacious, a small sitting area, bathroom, and french doors to a small patio. We were really pleasanlty surprised when we discovered in the morning that we had a partial ocean view. Because it was the 4th floor, we could see over the other building and see the whole ocean. The bathroom was nice and clean. Only a soap bar and shampoo/conditioner mix, nothing too special, I would suggest bringing your own soap and conditioner if you are picky. Also ask for extra towels, the towels are plain white and rather thin. The toilet and shower were seperate from the sink which was nice and the bathroom had modern tiled floor, walls, and shower. Also there was a really nice coffee machine, the brand was Keurig, the type that uses a K-cup, similar to the larger ones found in offices.

The one complaint is that at about 8 am we could hear people in the hall way as well as some other noise that lasted at least an hour. I am not sure what the noise was, either someone else's heater or the elevator electrical room. I ended up using ear plugs to sleep in a bit later but the noise had stopped by the time I woke up a couple hours later.

The lobby was not something to write home about but it was conected to the rather large and beautiful backyard area with a pool and amazing ocean front view.

I would definitely stay here again. The price was great and although not as glamorous as a full resort, it was much nicer than any other motels in the area.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

We arrived expecting more than we got. The views are of the ocean although at a distance, past the grounds and pool, but still nice. Guess "OceanFront" in the name raised my hopes too high.

Unfortunately this hotel has an overall cheapness to it, more like a 2-star at best. Inexpensive fixtures and building materials; a single, thin, nappy polyester blanket on the bed; and unpleasant, excessively-bright flourescent lighting in the bathroom. Speaking of overly bright, the lack of curtains on the shuttered sliding glass doors made sleeping in very diificult.

Finally, a young man who identified himself as a manager -- Matt -- was argumentative and when I (politely and respectfully) disgreed with him he walked away from me without so much as a wave goodbye. Yikes.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2011

Dear SDAdventurers

On behalf of the management and staff of the SeaCrest Oceanfront Hotel, I wish to express our concern and disappointment that your recent stay with us was less than a completely enjoyable experience. Matt, the Guest Services Manager when you and your companion checked in, remembers you well. Matt certainly did not intend to be unresponsive to your needs, but since you and your companion, in your discussion with the Front Office staff person on duty, seemed agreed upon opting for an upgrade to the ocean view room, Matt simply bowed out of the remainder of the check-in process.

We are also sorry if you felt misled by the semantics issue between "oceanfront" and "ocean view". Hotels whose structure and property "front the ocean" are in fact "oceanfront hotels", however the vast majority of them anywhere in the world have rooms with a full ocean view, rooms with a partial ocean view, and in some cases, rooms with limited or no ocean views from the room interiors themselves. Each such establishment prices its rooms accordingly, higher room rates for the full ocean view, of course.

Furnishings and decor are of course always a matter of personal taste and expectations. The SeaCrest receives high marks from many, many of our guests, for its chic retro style. But as they say, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Please visit again and allow us the opportunity to provide you with a memorable Central Coast of California vacation.

Roger Corwin

Reviewed 22 March 2011

I went there on business, and my first thought was that I wished I planned some extra time for relaxing and enjoying the time away! The beach is absolutely gorgeous and the hotel very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2011

My family had two rooms at the Seacrest this week. We opted for the cheapest, non-view rooms at $89. Yet we discovered that our balconies overlooked the beach. It wasn't a direct view like the most expensive rooms, but we could sit on our balconies and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Pacific. Rooms looked great, the upgrade was done well. Only downside was that our Keurig coffeemaker didn't work. Will return here again!

• Stayed: March 2011