“Great Location, Great Decor, Super Helpful Staff”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I am super impressed by this hotel. I usually stay at really fancy hotels, but trying to keep the budget low while on a road trip with my son, and this place was great. Modern, clean, love the decor in the rooms, right on the beach, you can hear the waves crashing in your room. Looks like someone found a great old motel in an awesome location and then renovated the whole look and feel to cool retro. Sort of like what you see happening in Palm Springs and Los Angeles. Complimentary cookies, tea and coffee in the lobby. Free wi-fi. Free breakfast. I give this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Our room is clean, but that is about the only minimum requirement this hotel meets. We didn't discover that the hot water in the shower didn't work until my father fell asleep last night. When we complained this morning, they sent two maintenance men to hammer in our bathroom for 45 minutes. When we asked, they gave us a key to an empty room to shower in. Guess what? No hot water there either. It does get warm, but not warm enough, for example, to shave your legs. This debacle prevented us from sampling their breakfast room, which closes at 10 am.
Other irritants: it takes five seconds to change the tv channel. There are two different thermostats in the room, but only one works after you have to re start it. The Internet times out, forcing you to re open a browser window, and log in again- before you can check your email on your smart phone.
Getting to our non ocean view room required going downstairs from the parking lot, and down the usual depressing hotel hallway to our room, located directly below rooms containing the fifteen members of a children's gymnastics team that kept my mother awake past midnight.

Room Tip: Non ocean view rooms not in center section of hotel, are very depressing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tessa B
GMSeaCrestPismo, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry for the bad stay you experienced. Having hot water is a basic in a hotel and I apologize that did not occur. And to add a bad situation, we gave you keys to a room that was not much better. I do appreciate the feedback regarding the TV channels, the thermostats and the internet. All this makes for an unacceptable lodging experience.

Since your stay, we have fixed the hot water issue, notified our TV carrier as well as out internet provider about this experience. I do hope you will consider us again in the future. Please contact me personally at 805-773-1808 or email me at jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com. I would like to make this right with you.

Jamie Wallace

Reviewed 20 December 2011

For the price and the oceanview from this property - I give it a 5 star! It is really hard to find a nice and clean beachfront hotel with ocean views at affordable prices at Pismo because there are only so many! I booked two weeks prior to our stay and got 20% off, each night cost $205 with tax, so overall 400 for both nights. Other hotels were older looking for the same price or way above our price so we stayed here! I really like that the property has a walkway (staircase) access down to the beach which many other properties do not have. You can take this path down to the beach and walk to the shops near the Pier. The distance is probably no more than 1 mile. They have 2 jacuzzis (one on each side of the pool) which is really nice at night when it gets a little cold. Unfortunately, these areas are closed at 10pm. In the morning, the have a layout of continental breakfast. I like to bring this up to the room and eat my breakfast with my husband on the patio watching the waves in the ocean. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation with the background sound of ocean waves, you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: rooms right above the lobby are noisier.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Seacrest is in a great location within walking distance to the heart of Pismo Beach and right on the ocean. I was there for a wedding and consequently opted for one of the non-ocean view rooms since it was cheaper and I figured I would only be there at night. As it happened, of the rooms I saw, including two more costly ocean view ones, mine was the largest and nicest. This place has been remodeled relatively recently and the rooms are generally modern, clean and pleasant. Flat screen TV, iPod dock, and Keurig coffee machines were among the amenities that were well selected and appreciated. There were a couple minor problems with sink drains and a shower that drenched the floor no matter what position you put the showerhead or the curtain but in general I would recommend this place for a reasonable price, great location, and very comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: I actually liked my inexpensive non-view room the best of all I saw. I was in the north wing facing...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank pyrprshr
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stayed here for third year in a row in October. It's becoming a tradition to meet friends there this time of year.
Don't be fooled by the new name "Seacrest Resort" - it isn't a resort but a nice hotel nonetheless.
Rooms are well-appointed, with new furnishings, nice coffemaker, flat-screen tvs, half-height refrigerator. Comes with all you can eat continental breakfast. Even our non-ocean view room had a generous view of the ocean.
They continue to make small improvements every year, this year they updated the entrance and lobby, fixed up the pool area and added more outdoor seating for eating.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We've stayed here several times since the 1980s and never have been disappointed.
Last year, we stayed in the Signature Suite, a very spacious, comfortable room to hang out in, with great views.
I just made reservations for our next year's anniversary, in the Spa Deluxe Suite.
It's clean, friendly, close to some great restaurants.
Fantastic sunset views above the long sandy beach, enjoyed from the pool and rooftop sun deck!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We were driving the coast highway, LA to San Francisco after attending a conference in Anaheim. We did not have a reservation but the desk clerks were very friendly and said they could get us a room in about an hour. They said if we wanted to go have dinner or tour around the city, they would call me on my cell when the room was ready. I've never had service like that before.

The hotel is located right off Highway 1 and is elevated on a cliff above the beach and Pacific. We had a ground floor unit and were able to walk to the edge of the cliff and take the wooden stairs down to the beach. We walked down to the Pismo Beach Pier and back and enjoyed every minute of it. Took many photo's of the rocks and cliffs. I liked one of pictures so much that I had it put on my Visa card!

Truly a great classic California hotel. It was maintained very well and the staff was very accomodating.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor facing the outdoor pool and ocean. We could walk out of our sliding door right...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple