SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Kon Tiki Inn(Pismo Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Valentina Suites(Pismo Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Motel 6(Pismo Beach)
2,175 results
All reviewssea crestnorth towerrooftop terraceocean viewcontinental breakfastbeach accessbagelsoceanfront roomwine tastinghard boiled eggsparking lotpismo pierbeautiful locationheated poolstayed here for one nightroad tripsan francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Overnight getaway with husband last Friday. I know that this hotel has had mixed reviews, but wanted to try it since it was oceanfront. Most rooms do face the ocean and it is a beautiful view. Can walk down paths to the ocean. However, this is the nosiest hotel I have ever been in. They placed us in a 2nd floor room close to the lobby. People out till 11pm using pool, jacuzzi and tables outside our door. In the morning, lobby area was packed and loud with people eating and talking beginning at 7am. Could not sit outside on balcony due to the looky lous even if we wanted to. Could not have drinks outside or leave door open to hear ocean due to the proximity of lobby. Ask for a room near the sides (same view). Thermostat did not work and bathtub drain did not work. When I complained, they gave me a $30 coupon off the "next visit"...as if. There are lots of nice ocean view/front hotels in Pismo. Won't be back to this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sides of the u-shaped configuration. DO NOT get a middle room if you want any privacy or sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank berniez
GMSeaCrestPismo, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to relay your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry your stay was not peaceful and relaxing. I completely understand how the noise from others can interfere with your time as well as your privacy. It is our intent to provide a wonderful and exceptional lodging experience and I apologize that this did not occur for you.

I do want you to return to see us and experience the magic and serenity of our unique location. Please contact me personally so I can help facilitate this. I can be reached at 805-773-1808 or jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com.

My best,
Jamie Wallace

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My wife and I planned a last minute get a way for our wedding anniversary. Reservations were easy on line, check in was quick, and our room was great. Amazing location perfect for a couples get a way and for families. We knew about this hotel from a prior trip with our kids.
If you are looking for a hotel in Pismo this hotel has it all.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justin J
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Beautiful clean rooms and so quiet even with the sliding-door open all night long all we heard was the waves...

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Stevesgirl74
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The SeaCrest hotel was very modern and cozy. The access to Pismo Beach was very convenient and provided great picture opportunities. The staff were very helpful and catered to our every need. (They even lit the fireplace for us, we didn't even ask!) The hotel is a short distance from the Outlets, boardwalk, and downtown. The hotel also offered continental breakfast, but there wasn't much food choice.
Our rooms were a little pricey but we had a beautiful view, comfortable beds, a clean bath/shower, a Keurig coffee maker, and a flat screen TV. The sleep quality was OK due to the loud noise of footsteps on the floor above us. Our floor had a terrace that provided us with a place to sit while looking over the ocean.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. In my opinion, I hope to come again! :)

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool or ocean on a high floor for great views. ;)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank A K
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I first stayed at Sea Crest in 1984 when I was 7 years old. It was our annual Labor Day weekend destination through my late teens. I most recently returned to Pismo in 2011 with my wife & our 2 dogs, and was pleasantly surprised by the growth & evolution of the resort since I had last visited in the 90s. They had added 2 nicely designed wings on the side of the original building, added a dog-friendly floor (where we stayed), and added a full breakfast attached to an outdoor patio dining area. The check-in area had also been redone, and the rooms were all elegantly appointed. Our room, which was located on the 1st floor in the dog-friendly wing was surprisingly clean, and had a great little patio with a view into the courtyard. Although Sea Crest is dog-friendly, you wouldn't know it by how spotless the courtyard and rooms are, so don't worry if you're not a dog person. You won't even notice them. Thankfully, all of the dogs & owners that we came across were very well behaved.

SERVICE
We didn't interact much with the staff, but check-in was a breeze and maid service was prompt & very efficient. Breakfast was a nice bonus. I think I had waffles, cereal, fresh fruit & yogurt. Coffee & cookies are available around the clock in the lobby as well.

BEACH
Pismo is a real gem of a beach. It's one of the few dog-friendly beaches, and has some beautiful views. Sea Crest is ideally located on the far north side of the pier, where the beach essentially ends. Upon walking down the stairs, to the right is a tidepool, which is great for exploring. My wife & I are below-average surfers, and we took advantage of the friendly beach breaks in front of the resort. It was November, but we were just fine in our full-suits. The waves were small rollers, and it was uncrowded. I think we only encountered 3-4 other surfers in the immediate area the entire time we were there. The main surf spot in the area is the pier, which can get much more crowded. The waves are definitely glassier there though. The main reason we chose the Sea Crest, besides my childhood nostalgia was the dog-friendly beach & resort policy. Our puppy boxer & older beagle-chow had a brilliant time walking off leash and chasing tennis balls. We met several other well behaved dogs as well. Fun for the whole family.

FOOD
The culinary highlight of our trip was the discovery of Guiseppe's Express on 800 Price St. Best thin crust pizza I've had in California. We went back twice. Great little Italian deli as well. Also, make sure to try the clam chowder at Splash Cafe. It's very thick and a local favorite. It was a little too rich for my wife, but still delicious with a big hunk of garlic bread.

OVERALL
A great place for dog owners & families. Nice for couples as well. The Sea Crest is a very relaxing weekend escape from LA for us, and we plan on making it a new annual tradition. By the way, they say that October/November is beautiful and uncrowded every year. We had weather in the low to mid 70s and clear skies 3 days in a row.

Room Tip: Dog friendly rooms are located in the newer South wing on the ground floor. Ask for a courtyard facing room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sungers