“Lovely find !”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Lovely find !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here en route to San Fran.

Pleasantly surprised how nice this place was ! Perfect swimming pool and hot tub.

Room was very well appointed and was huge !! On par with some high brand places we have stayed in also !!

The hotel is a short walk from the centre of town, but in the day its a lovely walk on the beech.

My only complaint was that there wasn't a bar as such, you have to order to your room, then can take the wine out of your room, very odd.

saying this though - lovely little place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

This is our second time visiting the hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We had a Jacuzzi suite on the second floor which had a great view of the ocean. The hotel provides continental breakfast which is very filling. From hard boiled eggs, pastries, muffins, waffles, toast, bagels, etc. This hotel not only provides a great view of the ocean as mentioned above but it is also close to Hearst castle in San Simeon, Morro Bay, and San Luis Obispo and the Pier at Pismo Beach (within walking distance from the hotel). If you want to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing getaway, this is the place to visit. This hotel offers a late check out without being charged for another day! All they require is notification on the day of departure and also the time has to be before 1:00 pm before being charged 50% of the nightly rate. Another perk to staying at this hotel is that they provide room service whether it is wine or beer, or food from Marie Calendars which is also on the property. It offers convenience especially after a long day of sightseeing. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone who is seeking a relaxing, peaceful vacation with a great view of the Pismo Beach. I would return again, in fact, we are planning our next trip there next year as well!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

The view from our room was the best. We had an Ocean Front Room. I saw a baby Sea Lion playing in the waves. Dolphins everyday. I could see the spouts from the whales but not the whales. We fell asleep listening to the waves and woke up to the waves. We BBQ'd down in the BBQ area and watched the sunset. My kids enjoyed swimming in the heated pool and going into the kids jacuzzi. I enjoyed walking down to the beach everyday (not many hotels have beach access). We also enjoyed the hotel breakfast everyday. My kids rented a tandem bike and went for a ride. Everything was good. My only request is I wish the pool was a few degrees warmer. The weather was cool 62 degrees. Which we enjoyed but night swimming was a little chilly. Didn't keep the kids out of the pool though. Staff was very nice. Spencer was very helpful.

Room Tip: Don't book a non ocean view room. Also, I prefer a room not on the ground floor so we can sleep...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for your nice comments and staying with us. We are an excellent hotel for families with our large green space and direct beach access. And, yes, the dolphins and humpback whales have been spotted daily lately, very magnificent! We look forward to seeing you again.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Although I gave this property an average rating, let me give you both some positive and negative feedback so you will understand why....

Positive:

-The exterior property/landscaping was beautiful and very inviting. I was most impressed with the landscaping and proximity to the beach. The hotel sits on a cliff above the beach, but it is only a short walk down the stairs to the water. I LOVE the location, and it's only a short walk to the Pier/restaurants/shopping too.

-Although we had a non-view room, it was perfect for a one-night stay. Some non-view rooms had bad reviews, but we had a room on the 4th level with a slight view of the ocean off to the side. No complaints on location of our room for the rate we had booked.

-Rooms are nicely decorated, and appear to be recently renovated in terms of furnishings.

-Friendly and welcoming front desk staff. Very happy wih the staff's willingness to help prior to booking the reservation, and at check-in.

-The continental breakfast which was included in the price was adequate and well-stocked throughout the morning.

Negative:

-Upon pulling back the sheets on our bed, I found a HAIR on the sheeets (I hate to speculate, but I can say it was a shorter length of hair). I called the front desk, and housekeeping had already left for the day, but maintenance was very quick in sending up a new set of sheets so we could remake the bed ourselves. Unfortunately, the replacement fitted sheet was not made for a kind-sized bed. We figured since we were only there one night, we could just lay the new sheets over the old ones, and deal with it.

-The refrigerator was noisy and obviously not working properly. It made a loud buzzing sound, which was evident when we were trying to sleep (the noise a fridge makes when it is on the verge of failure). Since we really weren't using the fridge, we ended up just unplugging it.

-MOLD in the bathroom. As I stepped in the shower, I noticed mold growing in the corner. It wasn't just a tiny speck of mold, it was multiple mold spores (growing in an approx. an inch section). I probably would have requested a room change, but we had already settled in at this point, and we were only staying one night. I think this could have been an easy fix, if housekeeping was more attentive to detail and sprayed some bleach in cleaning.

OVERALL review: for the price we paid and the location of the property to the beach/pier, I think this hotel has VERY strong potental. Unfortunately, I am giving them an average rating due to their lack of attention to detail in the rooms, especially the hair on the sheets. I think these issues are very simply to remedy, and I hope management will take this feedback into consideration.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are worth the price if staying multiple nights. The view can't be beat! Poolside...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your well thought out review. I truly appreciate the feedback, positive and for improvement. It is through comments that we can learn, praise and improve upon. I am sorry it wasn't all positive for that is our goal always. I have forwarded your comments to our staff. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you may consider us again in the future. Please contact me personally at jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com.
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were in Pismo Beach and reserved our Hotel only one night before. The rooms we got were in the back - rooms 353 and 352. We payed $360.- for the two rooms that were very dark and not really nice. Guess, with an earlier reservation, we could have had a family room or rooms facing the ocean. The pool was very crowded and the 3 Jacuzzis were overloaded...
What is great is the beach - the rocks and the endless sandy beach. You better get your breakfast elsewhere, coffee was all right, buffet a mess and so crowded that some thought, without using their elbow, they would not get anything to eat... Awful!
Staff were friendly and nice. But if you have a choice, maybe you better try elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I appreciate the comments. Our ocean front rooms are spectacular and very bright and airy with amazing views of the ocean. We are situated in a very beautiful spot. I do hope you may consider returning to one of these rooms. The fall can be less crowded with wonderful weather.
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Set on the cliffs in Pismo Beach, the SeaCrest offers a picturesque place to stay. It’s about a 15 minute drive to the heart of San Luis Obispo and few minutes drive to downtown Pismo. Take the time and walk down on the beach to the downtown Pismo. If you are looking for a couple of day getaway in the winter time, the SeaCrest is one of the best values going.

The hotel offers some stunning coastal and sunset views from close to half the rooms. Having stayed there quite a few times on trips to San Luis, the hotel has been a consistently good choice. The rooms are clean, comfortable and generally kept up to date. Every room I have stayed in has had a nice balcony or patio, almost all with a view. The beds and linens are comfortable, so getting a good night sleep is usually not a problem. (I wish they would offer down pillows. If you stay, request them as well...maybe they will get the hint.) Room sizes vary a bit but are more than adequate.

On the coastal side of the SeaCrest’s grounds, the hotel’s three buildings surround a rather large grass area with a pool and Jacuzzi. There is a wood stairway that leads from the grounds down to the beach. The beach is just expansive. It goes for quite a distance and is pretty wide. Sometimes there is decent surf.

The hotel has an arrangement with Marie Calendar’s (which is on the hotel’s property) for room service. Marie’s food has been consistently good (for Marie’s) and the staff is accommodating. The hotel offers a continental breakfast. Nothing to get excited about but can get you through the morning. There are some nice places to eat in downtown Pismo (unfortunately I never bothered to remember their names). There should be enough restaurants to choose from based on the type, quality and budget to satisfy (those that can afford to stay the hotel).

The staff is generally in their early to mid twenties, almost all having a great attitude. The couple of times there were some small issues, the staff did there best to correct them. Overall, the SeaCrest is just a great value for the stay.

Room Tip: In the North or South towers, don't stay of the first floor rooms towards the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

The SeaCrest is great, especially for families. On a recent "Grandma Camp" trip, my two young granddaughters and I--keeping with our adventursome mindset--decided to visit Pismo Beach sans reservations. Luckily, the SeaCrest had a vacancy. Although we were told our room had a partial view, it did in fact have a rather nice view of the beach from the south-facing side of the hotel. The room itself was quite spacious and featured a small refrigerator, microwave, cable TV, a Keurig coffee maker, and very comfortable beds. The staff was gracious, cheerful and helpful, from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance. The complimentary breakfast offered many more choices than I expected, and the 24-hour Seattle's Best Coffee bar in the lobby was a most appreciated amenity. My granddaughters were especially delighted to discover the complimentary fresh-baked cookies set out in the lobby each evening. And, for the grownups, there was a free wine tasting event held on the Rooftop Garden during our visit. On the expansive, well-kept grounds are a swimming pool and three hot tubs. And down a few flights of stairs is a pristine beach with sand so soft I felt as though I was in the Bahamas. We thoroughly enjoyed the SeaCrest's accommodations, service and tropical atmosphere and hope to return soon.