“Beyond expectations”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
“Beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

The location and quality of the seacrest was incredible. Everything from the extremely professional staff to the ambiance of the rooms. I was initially helped by Ben who was extremely friendly, enthusiastic and professional. As was each other staff member I encountered. The view was beautiful and the easy beach access was amazing. Can't wait to stay again. Thanks again Ben.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

In August 2013 our family set out on a leisurely road trip south along the Pacific coast. We didn’t book any hotels as we were unsure of driving times, but we were confident that we could find a place to stay when we needed one.

We arrived in Pismo beach at 5:30pm on a Tuesday. We stopped in at several hotels that we thought would meet our criteria: clean and comfortable with a swimming pool and a room with two queen beds, all for under $200/nt.

We inquired at several hotels but the front desk folks told us the rates were high and we would be lucky to take their last, most expensive rooms. We kept trying and came out winning at the Seacrest.

Special thanks to Jacob at the front desk who welcomed us warmly at the front desk. When we told Jacob our criteria he set about finding a room that was absolutely perfect for our family. He even adjusted the rate to fit our budget!

We had a wonderful stay and thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub overlooking the ocean and setting sun. We missed out on the free breakfast as we didn’t prepare for the line-up.

Thank you Jacob and Seacrest. We’ll see you again!

1 Thank l m
Murphys, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Our extended family has been coming to this hotel for 15+ years, once in May and for a week-long stay in July/August. The facilities are clean and room service is accomodating. We love the beach access and the ability to barbecue. (With 13 family members it would be very expensive to go out to eat every night). I'd like to commend Kim who is the manager for the Breakfast Area. Since I'm vegan, my food choices are very limited at the usual breakfast buffet, but she went out of her way to provide grapefruit and bananas every morning. She was very friendly, even cleared our table when she noticed we were done and even printed out information on one of the local attractions we were interested in. I'd also like to thank LaMont (sp?) who fixed our broken bathroom lock within an hour of our arrival (which entailed going to buy a new one)!
The only drawback to this hotel would be the dismal internet access. At times we were "dropped" every time we attempted to load a new page on our computers. At times we could not get on at all. This is not an inexpensive place to stay...I would recommend more wireless access points in a hotel of this size. It is not cool to expect your customers to sit in the "Check in" area just to use the internet without constant interruptions.

Linz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at SeaCreast Hotel for one night in August 2013. The location of the hotel is wonderful with a great ocean view. Parking is very convenient, we could park the car very close to our room. The room itself was spacious and had everything we needed and more.
The staff at the front desk was super friendly and attentive. There was complimentary coffee and cookies in the afternoon, which is also a nice treat. All in all, a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Ocean view and first floor seems to be the best
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Katonah, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

After a long day of sightseeing and driving down the PCH from Monterrey, we happily arrived at the SeaCrest and were greeted by two absolutely charming people at the front desk. They both could not have been more welcoming - from giving us a full breakfast coupon at the neighboring restaurant (since we paid for an ocean view room) plus info on restaurants that might be open to offering a later checkout since we had arrived so late. Our North tower room was nice - based on reviews I had requested a 3rd floor room but was given a 2nd floor room - it really didn't matter as it was so foggy in the morning we couldn't have seen anything anyway. The room, itself, was spacious and traveling with three teenage boys we appreciated the elbow room. The beds were ordinary - we could have used nice comfy beds - these were unremarkable, thin bedding, no extra blankets and standard issue pillows and mattresses. We awakened late the following morning, the boys went out to train on the beach and went to the hot tub. I asked if we could get some towels (there were none at the pool or any of the hot tubs). The morning front desk staff told me to go look in the cabinet at the pool. I told them I had done so already and there were none there. The male desk person took the lead and insisted there were towels outside. I suggested perhaps he could come and show them to us as there were none there. He said, 'fine, I will call housekeeping' and dismissed me. I asked if housekeeping would bring the towels to the pool or where we should get them. He told me that they would bring the towels to the pool. Housekeeping, nor the towels, ever arrived...waited almost a half an hour and the boys air-dried and walked up to the room towel-less. At this time, it is almost 12:30 pm and I mentioned to this same male front desk person that the person who checked us in had graciously offered us a 12:30 checkout and said to let them know if we needed some extra time (the hotel was NOT full). Having waited at the pool for all that time set us back with checkout. THIS person said, 'you need to be out of your room by 1:00' - when I said we would try, he said 'I cannot give you any more time than 1:00' - in such a nasty and condescending tone I was speechless (and wanted to punch him straight in the face - not for what he was saying but for how he said it). We packed, came back to the desk to check out and I avoided him. I did inquire about the sweat jackets that are offered for sale - a quiet young woman was helping me though Big Mouth had to butt in and say "they're $35.00" - as if the sign on the shelf did not already let everyone know the pricing. Honestly, the hotel was okay - I would stay here again though we would probably try a different Pismo hotel next time just because there are several to choose from and other than the gentleman who checked us in, there was nothing that compelled me to come back. In this business, service is at least 50% of the experience. We were not annoying, nor complaining nor repetitive with our requests - I would have expected much better customer service.

Room Tip: North Tower looks newer and is away from the busy areas. Ocean view was nice though the fog prevente...
2 Thank TravelinSoccerMom
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We picked this hotel based on other reviews and we were not disappointed. We checked in easily, our room was spacious and clean, with an indirect ocean view. The pool and hot tubs were clean. All good for our one night stay. It is not a glamorous hotel and did not expect it to be. The hotel was full - as was the pool in the afternoon and the breakfast area in the morning. No pool towels for my kids 9pm swim. In my opinion, this is typical of a full hotel, but I can see how this would be a bother to others. There were propane heaters on the patio for the cool mornings/evening, which we appreciated. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed one night. Pool out of order, Internet down. Girl on front desk was condescending and disinterested, and seemed dismissive of the fact that a lot of the services were not working. The breakfast area was crowded and could not cope with the number of guests. All coffee containers were empty. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in on our 16 night trip to California and all the other nine hotels were much better. This is the first negative review I have ever given.

Room Tip: Stayed one night. Pool out of service, Internet down. Girl on reception condescending. Breakfast are...
2 Thank AlgiC
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Algi C, Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry the pool was out during your stay as well as the internet. What is most disappointing is the response you received from the front desk. I certainly apologize, this is not the service we adhere to. Since your stay, the pool has been returned to service and the internet failure has been restored. I know this does not help you now but I can be reached at jamie.wallace@seacrestpismo.com. Thank you.