“Pleasureable”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Coarsegold, California
“Pleasureable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband, myself, our son and our dog, Tucker were so impressed with the cleanliness of our room. It is not easy to find hotels that accept pets as easily as The Sea Crest. There were no questions or hassles. It was so pleasureable to be treated so well. Our room was very nice, the beds were comfy and we really enjoyed the grounds; Tucker did too! Thanks Sea Crest staff for a very enjoyable weekend. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, cat or dog, I heartily recommend The Sea Crest. They provide a bed...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Gail4141, Thank you for nice comments regarding our hotel. I am glad Tucker enjoyed the hotel as well. It is a great place for pets. We hope to see and Tucker again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Signal Hill, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at the SeaCrest for the first time ever and loved the beach access. We had a problem with our room and customer service which we mentioned in a later email after leaving and got an immediate response and courteous solution from the General Manager. Unfortunately in this fast-paced and often overwhelming world (especially in business), a lot of communication and attention is lost to everyone (and customer) we come across. As a business owner myself, I understand that you cannot make everyone happy, no matter how much happiness you throw at them... some people just can't be pleased. However... WE ALL MUST TRY. And that is what I appreciate from the management at this property. We had a problem with our room and customer service, but it was immediately addressed as soon as we wrote in. That's what more companies need to be doing in this world we live in. We will definitely be back for future visits!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Christianealva, Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel. I am glad we could help you. I hope to see you again.
Watford City, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Could not be happier with this hotel. We weren't able to check in until almost 11 at night and the staff are still as friendly as they are in the morning. Easy check in, no problems, the rooms are gorgeous and clean, (not to mention two free waters waiting for you and Keurig coffee!) and the views are absolutely incredible. The free breakfast is a perfect start to your day and hanging out by the pool or fire pits while watching the ocean couldn't be more relaxing.

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Pismo!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Hillary W, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. You are so right, this is an absolutely gorgeous hotel. I am happy you had a great stay. Please come back to see us again.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a nice stay at SeaCrest, our first time. The rooms were clean and super-comfy beds. Stayed on the first floor, so we could hang out on our patio with family staying in the next room. The SeaCrest has 3 different patio areas, a pool area and several hot tub areas. Lots of places to hang out and not feel crowded. However, our room had the pool area in front of it. So even though there are all these beautiful areas to hang out, it did obstruct the ocean view from our room. That however is my only complaint, no big deal. I think next time we'd request an "ocean front" room rather than an "ocean view" room. Loved that two of the patio areas had cozy gas fireplaces, great for evening wine or morning coffee. One of the hotel's employees, Lamont, was always there for us in the evening, making sure we had blankets to keep us warm by the fire while we sipped our wine. He was awesome! Even though the weather could have been better, we had a wonderful time. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the continental breakfast area, could hear the prep going on fairly early...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BarefootJuJu, Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. LaMont just won outstanding lodging employee of the year for a midsize hotel in California according to the CHLA. I am glad you had a great weekend with us.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Seacrest Oceanfront Hotel is a hidden gem! My boyfriend & I visited this past weekend to celebrate our first date anniversary. They had a fantastic Edna Valley Wine Tour package through Breakaway Tours--it was an incredible experience! Our oceanfront hotel room (an upgrade we received since we were celebrating an anniversary) was spectacular. Nothing is more serene than falling asleep and waking up to the sound of ocean waves crashing. The hotel staff was kind and accommodating for the entire duration of our stay. I highly recommend The Seacrest Oceanfront Hotel to anyone who is looking for a lovely place to stay in Pismo Beach!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BMWBrandi, Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I am glad your had a great stay with us. We do have several wonderful wineries nearby. We hope to see you again.
La Crescenta, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed this past weekend and wasn't as happy as I have been in the past. We have been staying at Sea Crest just about every summer for the past 17 years with kids and other families. The cost of the room is not matching up to the customer service. There were a ton of people waiting for rooms to be cleaned and it was after 4 pm -- almost 5 pm. Not sure why maid service doesn't start sooner or if they don't have enough maid service. I'm not crazy about Jacob or Tara (I think that was her name - not very friendly). I know they had a lot of pressure on them with all the people waiting but still. I love Dustin and Spencer (although I didn't see Spencer this time).

Auntie Kim wasn't there either when we had our morning breakfast. She isn't really our Auntie but she insists the kids call her Auntie Kim. Very nice lady. I do love the breakfast. Not crazy about the pastries but everything else is good. Coffee is excellent. They have coffee and tea all day. Cookies in the afternoon that are delicious.

Water pressure in older rooms by office was lacking. We normally stay in the North tower and the water pressure is excellent. Room was clean, keurig coffee maker is good, mini fridge and microwave are nice, bed and pillows were good.

Can't beat the location and the view. Stair access down to the beach (although it's about 120 stairs). We saw dolphins playing in the surf and 2 sea lions.

The TV drove my husband crazy. There are so many channels that have nothing on them, it made it really difficult to find channels that were available.
Jacuzzi on East side of pool only half the jets were working.

I love this hotel just not sure the price is worth it???

1 Thank Valerie2270
Dear Valerie2270, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I truly appreciate the feedback. Guest service is very important. I appreciate the comments regarding members of our staff. It helps in our overall growth and training. We hope to see you again in the future.
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We spent 2 nights last weekend at SeaCrest. Looks like they are continuing with their renovation of the property and fortunately, their construction did not impact our visit. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are all very nicely appointed. The complimentary continental breakfast was surprisingly nice (granted there wasn't any cooked foods) but pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and hard boiled eggs were better than some of the half-fast complimentary breakfast I've seen in my travels. So next time you're in the Central Coast, give SeaCrest a try as you won't be disappointed!