“Great stopover halfway between Bay Area and So. CA”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Wow! The upgrades are terrific since our last stay (Dec. '12). Room 439 beautifully appointed. Bedding, bathroom and new bathroom wooden floor, TV, reading/relaxing chair all outstanding. And the view from our balcony of the lush grounds, majestic coastline and ocean added to the enjoyment of our stay. Long walks on the beach below took us to the pier and back. Breakfast function great. Very good selections. New areas outside for breakfast seating and new lifestyle chairs outside lobby entrance exceptional. Strolled into town (another walk) for dinner at our favorite Cracked Crab. Wonderful stay. Perfect for breaking up a long drive from San Francisco to San Diego.

Room Tip: Request south or north tower rooms that face ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We only stayed on night but we should have stayed longer. This was a great hotel with easy parking and check-in. Free coffee, tea, cookies in the lobby. They have free continental breakfast in the mornings. It seems the hotel and rooms was recently upgraded. We like they have private access to the beach which was nice. We will probably book SeaCrest the next time we come up to Pismo Beach area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BLKR1234
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Got a great last minute deal on this hotel. It was very nice and relaxing. We got an oceanfront room where we were able to drink wine and watch the sun go down! I really liked the spas and the grounds! Very cozy and the fire pits were nice to sit out and listen to the ocean! We will return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelina15
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Once again, on our annual vacation to Pismo Beach, we had an excellent experience at the Seacrest. This hotel is awesome. The staff are very friendly and accommodating--a special thank you to Victor at the front desk for his assistance with our reservations. The hotel is so clean including the grounds. We love the gas fire things outside while having the complimentary breakfast and coffee in front of the ocean. What a relaxing way to start the day! We will be back again, that is for sure.

Room Tip: Love the ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am in the hotel business and I traveled with my girlfriend who is as well. We are both in management at a 5 start 5 diamond resort and spa. I understand that this is not a 5 star hotel but yet I have to say initially my expectations were beat! Yet the one issue that really would question if I come
back or recommend this hotel to my friends and colleges, was that when I asked if the hotel provided robes the answer was 'we only provide robes to guests who book ocean views.' This made me feel like a 2nd class citizen and guest. I understand your policies and decisions, but PLEASE word it different. I would be happy to discuss further if requested. I stayed on 4/8

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank CaliforniaSB
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear CaliforniaSB, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I truly appreciate the feedback and comments from your stay. Especially since you are in the Hospitality industry. Wording to a guest and how you make them feel is critical in our business. No one likes to feel like a second class citizen. I am sorry this occurred during your stay. I have taken your experience and am using it as a tool for coaching for improvement. I do hope you will return to see us again. We are a wonderful location for a tremendous lodging experience. I hope you will reach out to me personally at 805-773-1808. Sincerely, Jamie Wallace.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This old landmark hotel has been remodeled in the last several years. Not everything, but most things. Clean room. Good location. Self Serve breakfast items. Keurig in room. Beach access at the hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear TexasStreetwalker, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for noticing our improvements. We have recently upgraded the direct beach stair access as well as our new SeaMist Terrace with natural gas BBQ's and custom fire pits. We are always looking to improve and upgrade the hotel for our guest's experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed in the family suite for one night. We were on the first floor with a gorgeous view of the Pacific! The hotel has a retro cool vibe. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. We asked for a Pack n Play for the baby and it was delivered. The man who brought it even offered to set it up.
The shower is huge! No bathtub which can be a bummer with little ones - but was fine nonetheless. I would most certainly stay here again if we're ever in Pismo.
The only weird thing that I noticed was the lobby smell. I have sort of a sensitive sense of smell. When I entered - there was a significantly strong body odor. Not pleasant, but I wasn't worried since the room was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CAgrand
Joseph S, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about the SeaCrest's staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and your view of the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Ocean is magnificent. Not sure about the body odor, our guests and staff are smell good people. Recently, we had contractors in and out of the lobby doing a bit of improvements. Now that we are aware, we will schedule the workers away from lobby when guests are present.