“Absolutely will be back!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Kerman, California
“Absolutely will be back!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We loved everything about our stay. The only complaint, I called room service for extra towels (we had 4 adults) and they never showed up. Other than that, I think we found a forever pismo hotel. Breakfast was good. The views and beach access were great. Clean room. Comfy bed. We didn't take a pet but didn't mind they were there. We used the outdoor heaters and firepits in the early morning to watch the water. It was beautiful.

• Stayed April 2014
TheSeaCrestTeam, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Cruznmommy,

Glad to hear you found a Pismo Beach home at the SeaCrest, and you will return to visit. So sorry about the towel situation, I am not sure what happened, but will definitely look into it. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, and receive a perfect TripAdvisor review after your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Came and stayed for two days and first thing I came to find out; the room was not ready. Room was nice. After checking out, I find out they charged my credit card twice. I would recommend the Clift to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Boater2013
Dear Boater2013

On behalf of the staff and management of the SeaCrest, we apologize that in any manner your recent stay with us was less than perfect. Your visit did coincide with a major Spring Break week and as such the hotel was filled throughout the time period. Guests tend to linger as long as possible during that festive time, so there is a daily crush to prepare all rooms on time. Sometimes incoming guests do experience a short wait. When that happens, while it’s never fun to wait, we encourage them to take advantage of our complimentary afternoon cookies and coffee, sit on any of our several comfortable terraces and enjoy the sunny ocean view. Regarding the double credit card charge, to the best of our knowledge it was corrected immediately upon being notified of the error.
Los Altos, California, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

SeaCrest is a great motel right on the pacific ocean about 1 mile from downtown Pismo Beach. It has 3 hot-tubs and a pool and stairs that go straight to the beach so ideal for families with kids (young and old). We stayed during spring break and it took 1 hour to check-in to a room we didn't reserve (too small for our family). They ran out of blankets and actually put us on the pet side which had a puppy that barked constantly. They did double book us (another group with keys entered our room when we were in it (!) and then moved us so did fix the problem. I would still recommend but re-confirm what you ordered online matches what is in their registration system.

Room Tip: be careful of pet friendly wing...it's loud!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rhett L
Rhett,
First of all, thank you for recommending the SeaCrest to others despite your obviously less than perfect recent visit. Yes, as you pointed out, it did coincide with a major Spring Break week. During those “event” times, with the house full each day, guests tend to linger as long as possible, making it hard to prepare all rooms on time for incoming guests. Waiting is never fun, and a 1-hour wait is unacceptable, but we do provide complimentary cookies and coffee all afternoon in the lobby, and our several terraces are excellent places while waiting to sip and nibble and enjoy the spectacular view. For families, we recommend the Family Suites, composed of two rooms, one with twin beds, a play station and TV, the other with a King Bed, TV and both rooms have ocean views. It’s a spacious and comfortable option for families. Unfortunately we have only 4 such accommodations in the hotel, so they do tend to book early, especially during such family oriented event times. Another option is the double Queen Bed rooms. To your other comments, we do attempt to separate pet-friendly room guests as far as possible from family groups without pets. Your accommodation was North Tower #115. Pet-friendly rooms are situated in the South Tower. If you heard barking from a nearby room, I’m afraid someone sneaked a pet in unawares to us. In the future, should you hear pets where they are not supposed to be, please alert the staff. If you were bothered, other guests were too. So Sorry. We never “run out” of blankets, but it’s possible, due to the full house, too many blankets were being laundered at one time to momentarily fill all guests’ needs; that should have been more clearly communicated to you. Please return to us soon, we will do our very best, as always, to assure you a problem free stay.
Danville, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The facilities at the hotel were outstanding, my room was amazing, as was the view. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Denise at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and cheerful. Easy access to the beach, plenty of spa and pool space. Location was great, walking distance to downtown Pismo. My only suggestion was for them to steam clean the patio area near breakfast as children seem to spill a lot more than gets in their mouths, pretty disgusting a couple of days.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are great but expensive, room 342 was great, I think another room on the 4th f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Spiva11

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the SeaCrest, our team and your experience with the Front Office Agent ,Denise. We appreciate your suggestions about the Lobby Terrace. We steam clean a few times a week, but will definitely increase the number of times, particularly as we get into the high demand times. Yes, we are a Pet Friendly hotel; there are 8 Pet Friendly rooms on property, and they are all in the South Tower on the first floor, well away from the Lobby (Breakfast) Terrace. We look forward to seeing you again.
Yuba City, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Referred to the hotel by a friend and was exactly what we were looking for. Very clean, updated, staff and Management treated us very well. Originally added another date to our stay and the management was excellent about accommodating us at a very busy time of the year. Manager personally called me when my room was ready. Views are some of the best I have seen at any hotel. Great family hotel, I never write reviews, but since we were treated so well at such a busy time I thought it was the least I could do. Thanks SeaCrest!

Room Tip: Partial ocean view room was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was the first time that I stayed at Seacrest and I wont be going back. We had to wait 45 minutes to check into our room and waited in line two times before getting in. There was a ball of hair on the bathroom floor and green mold on the shower curtain. When we went to check out the messed up our gift certificate as it was double charged to another family member 6 months earlier and they tried to make that person pay to make up the difference. The room was pricey and not that nice. I will definately be staying at the Cliffs from now on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Adam L
GMSeaCrestPismo, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Adam L, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback. I am very sorry about the bad customer service you received during your stay. I apologize you had to wait 45 minutes to check in to your room. I am also sorry for the bathroom condition you described. And then upon check out, we were incorrect in billing your gift certificate.

From check in to check out, we did not provide the guest service we are capable of providing. For coaching for improvement, can you provide the room number you stayed in. I do hope you will consider staying with us again. Please reach out to me personally at 805-773-1808. Thank you.
Stockton, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My girlfriend an I stayed at the SeaCrest during Spring Break 2014. We stayed in their Spa Deluxe Room and the view was breath taking. I recommend the higher floors. The room was terrific and clean and included a large spa tub next to the bed. The bed was a bit firm for my taste but I slept well listening to the sound of the ocean. It was a relaxing time and the hotel staff were friendly and responsive to our needs. I'm looking forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear usrican,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the SeaCrest. We look forward to your next visit.