“Keeps getting better!!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel just keep on getting better year after year. They added a new bar, lounge outdoor seating area with 4 fire pits and top of the line BBQ pits. This hotel is a real deal for all that is offered. The staff is so friendly and amazing. I must say, the new stairs that lead to the ocean makes it easier for the children and grandparents to get to the beach. We simply love The Seacrest and have made a bi-yearly trip a tradition.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are worth the extra cash..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

As usual the rooms and view were gorgeous. My wife and I agree it's our favorite spot to stay on the coast. However our first night there the front desk called to inform (not ask if it was ok) that the internet company would be in our room for 5 minutes to correct the wyfi. An hour later they were finished. My wife was waiting for them to be done to shower and get ready for our dinner and unfortunately we missed our reservation. We never received an apology for the inconvenience nor are we the type to complain. Still a nice weekend regardless.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Joeliac
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotel that I have ever stayed at! Great customer service! I'm the part of Mgb car show festival and I can say only thank you guys for everything that you did for us! I had a little complain about Tv,but right when I called Front Desk one of the maintenance guys was right on a dor.He fixed it in 5 seconds,and help us with some other stuffs too. It was my pleasure to talk to you Boris,and I wish you the best! Great hotel everybody,we will definitely come back! Thank you.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Reserved three rooms for 2 nights for my daughter's graduation six months in advance(in Nov 2013). Was told by the agent at the time that I could cancel one night after the graduation date was set.
I took in the big bucks to ensure the grandparents would have a nice experience for the graduation of their first grandchild.
Called in to cancel one of the nights(Apr 2014), had a nightmare with the staff. Kept leaving messages for the supervisors/managers. None of them ever bothered to call me back. I especially had the worst encounter with Racheal E. - the front desk manager. It seems the hotel manager is gone and she is the one in charge. I left her a message but she didn’t bother to call me back. I tried to call her to explain my situation. She didn’t even try to listen to what I had to say and hung up the phone on me. She is the most rude and impertinent individual I have ever met.
The owners of this place should think twice about who they hire. Just having a nice ambiance isn’t enough. At the time the hotel guest needs help, the staff aren’t willing to listen and help out.
Even though I have stayed in this place for the past five years – with this experience - I would never want to go back. I don’t want to ever experience encounter with such arrogant and rude staff.
One last word of advice, as this hotel is privately owned there is no chain of command. You are stuck with the staff at hand. At least with the larger chains you can contact the corporate office and get help.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Neda A
TheSeaCrestTeam, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Nedia.
I am very sorry any confusion was created regarding our two-night minimum stay policy during graduation weekends, but due to the enormous demand at such time, we have had that restriction in place for at least the past five years. So any indication to the contrary when you made the original reservation last November was simply in error. We take very seriously your difficult experience reaching the management of the hotel to discuss the issue, but be assured you were eventually speaking to the SeaCrest’s General Manager. I oversee all hotel operations at the SeaCrest and I happened to be in his office during your call. He advised he would immediately look into the matter, did so, and contacted you back. However, because of the above mentioned policy, he simply was not able to grant your wish to cancel one night of your two-night stay. The SeaCrest is a 24/7 operation. Either the GM, myself and often both are always on-property during the daytime and early evening. At other times, one or both of us are easily reachable by phone if any guest situation demands our immediate attention. A guest is never “stuck with the staff at hand.” Moreover, the chain of command at any well run independent privately owned hotel, such as the SeaCrest, is believe me far easier to navigate for a guest than attempting to reach a large chain hotel’s “corporate office”. This message will be seen by the SeaCrest owners as well. Please allow us to host you during the graduation weekend and demonstrate our commitment to a superior guest experience. If not, please advise if you would like us to cancel your existing reservations.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Seacrest for 1 night as part of our trip along PCH and enjoyed the cool vibe of the hotel. The rooms are decorated with a modern twist on 60s style, which I loved as it's so individual. They have clean tasteful bathrooms and, as lots of establishments in the USA have, a fridge (really useful when you're doing a road trip) and microwave.
Our room had a balcony with a partial (if you leaned right out) ocean view, which was fine for a night's stay, but some rooms had beautiful views. The pool is large and there's a lovely patio area with heaters to enjoy a drink at night. The Seacrest is right on the beach, though the steps are many and steep, and you can walk into town along the sand.
They offer a buffet style breakfast, which was very good, but there's a lack of seating at the back of the hotel which meant we had to eat ours in the front seating area, which is pretty much in the car park. Having said that, 8am is probably the busiest time for breakfast, so earlier or later may be a better option.
In all, good value and ideal for a short stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Temer2
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I read several reviews of this hotel with the Cliffs in Shell Beach suggested as being a better alternative. Unless things have changed greatly in the last year or two, I would take the SeaCrest over the Cliffs any day. Much more of a resort feel - larger pool/jacuzzi/lounging area, close to the pier but not too close, rooms were fresh and fun (loved the guest instructions on the FREE! water bottles and how to use the (KEURIG!) coffeemaker.) Clearly someone with some personality owns/manages this place. Room was spotless, mattress very comfortable and views were great from a very reasonably priced room. Toiletries were quite nice and very good iPhone/Pod charging station/alarm clock/wifi. I could easily complete my work tasks while feeling like I was at a resort. The patio and pool furnishings were plentiful, attractive and comfortable, with plenty of firepits going in both the AM and PM for comfort.

My only complaint was when the piped-in contemporary music at the pool didn't turn off at 10:00 in the evening, when the sound of the ocean would have been all I would have wished for. Called the front desk and before I was even back in bed, the music was off.

Room Tip: Any of the ocean view rooms are lovely. There is a "newer" north tower in which I stayed...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VenturaPLT
TheSeaCrestTeam, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

On behalf of the management, staff and ownership of the SeaCrest, we are delighted to read of your recent “mini-vacation” experience with us, and of course for taking the time to share it with TripAdvisor! Even within this wonderful Central Coast location and the many fine hotels along the Pismo Bluffs, at the SeaCrest, we do try always to present our own “personality” to guests, a fact which clearly came through to you. When we receive such a warm, heartfelt review, it makes us all feel especially proud to serve our guests a unique experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

At check in, the attitude of the staff was exceptional! Outstanding room, superb oceanfront view. The ocean lulled me to sleep. Excellent attention to cleanliness detail. The entire property looks great.

Room Tip: An ocean view room is a must! Have coffee on the terrace in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lou S

Dear Lou S.

Thank you for sharing your experience at the SeaCrest. We look forward to welcoming you again.