Upon arriving in our room, we realized that we were placed in a regular room instead of the family suite we booked. When called, the desk staff said we made a change to the room one month prior (we did not; when I returned home, I re-checked all correspondence with the hotel to be sure). They had no suites left and did not offer anything. Further, they insisted the mistake was ours when we pressed. The staff person talked over my wife multiple times during the conversation though she was polite and tried to calmly request what we wanted and convey our disappointment.
Like other reviews stated, the location is beautiful and the back patio/pool area is nice. However, a number of other hotels exist along the coast and we will seek those out next time.
Finally, the room (409) was dated. The bath tub was chipped, the heater/air conditioner is not central air (straight out of the 70s), the room front door and back sliding doors were difficult to close (needed to forcefully pull both closed). Additionally, the pillows were not comfortable.
We are significantly disappointed and will not stay here again. We would have moved to a different hotel immediately but could not find a larger room available nearby. We regularly stay at both nice and high-end hotels (Hyatt, Hilton, Ritz-Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, etc) and have an idea of what to expect for great, good and decent service. This service experience was not any of those - we expect a lot more for the amount of money we paid. The room was also underwhelming for the money we paid - we expect a lot more for that amount of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a 5-acre oceanfront bluff top our iconic hotel features direct access to the beach, outdoor heated pool and three hot-tubs. Guestrooms have Free WiFi, iPod docking stations, flat-panel HDTVs with DirecTV, complimentary Continental Breakfast and meeting and event space including our roof top terrace with spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seacrest Hotel Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Pismo Beach
- Seacrest Pismo Beach
- Sea Crest Motel Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Sea Crest
- Sea Crest Resort Pismo Beach