“Talk about getting lucky!!!!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My fiancé and me decided to hop in the car and drive to Pismo Beach. Little did we know there was an Amgen Bike Race going on. We had gone to one place before and it was full. So we went to Seacrest and they not only had a room but it was right on the cliff. The room was large, had a chair and ottoman with queen size bed. We were on the very end of the building so we didn't hear any of the activity by the pool or jacuzzi. The room over looked the pier which was nice for a relaxing couple of days off. All in all the room was nice and no complaints.

Room Tip: I would try to stay away from the pool and jacuzzi area. It looks like it could get very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G
There are newer reviews for SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great location. Ehh breakfast, but who cares? Really nice outdoor spaces overlooking the ocean. It was very busy when we checked in, and a guest interrupted with a maintenance problem, and was very rude to Jacob, the guy at the desk. He handled her VERY well while multi-tasking.

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had some friends visit last minute so I booked this room on the spur of the moment after reviewing the comments here. Upon arrival the property doesn't look like anything special from the outside but the service is great and the rooms are much nicer than what you might anticipate. This turned out to be graudation weekend at Cal Poly so it was busy everywhere but we still got checked in without any hassle. When nightfall comes though, this place becomes much more impressive. It is well lit with firepits and heaters. There are lots of different spots to sit and enjoy the sound of the surf or chat with friends. they also bring you booze until 10 PM that you can consume anywhere on the property. With a heated pool and two hto tubs there are lots of options on how you want to enjoy your time there. Its also a short jaunt into the area by the pier where many of the restaurants and bars are located. One minor improvement I would suggest is the continental breakfast. It wasn't that great but definitely not a game changer for us overall. I would definitely return to this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent one night at the Seacrest hotel and this property is awesome! We got a great deal too as it was a Monday night. The view from the room was spectacular as this place is right on the beach. It is very rare to be able to stay at a hotel for these low prices on the California coast where you have an amazing view that makes you feel a bit like you are in Puerta Vallarta. The complimentary bottle of wine and the excellent free breakfast was icing on the cake!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view as the views are stunning!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank supahfresh
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We loved our stay at the SeaCrest! Especially the fire pits and outdoor grills! Easy beach access for my morning run or surf. The rooms were modern and exactly what we had booked. The staff was friendly, making check-in very smooth. My favorite part of the trip might have been free breakfast and coffee on the outdoor patio. Overall, great place to stay. Could not have asked for a better hotel experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dylan C
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Upon arriving in our room, we realized that we were placed in a regular room instead of the family suite we booked. When called, the desk staff said we made a change to the room one month prior (we did not; when I returned home, I re-checked all correspondence with the hotel to be sure). They had no suites left and did not offer anything. Further, they insisted the mistake was ours when we pressed. The staff person talked over my wife multiple times during the conversation though she was polite and tried to calmly request what we wanted and convey our disappointment.

Like other reviews stated, the location is beautiful and the back patio/pool area is nice. However, a number of other hotels exist along the coast and we will seek those out next time.

Finally, the room (409) was dated. The bath tub was chipped, the heater/air conditioner is not central air (straight out of the 70s), the room front door and back sliding doors were difficult to close (needed to forcefully pull both closed). Additionally, the pillows were not comfortable.

We are significantly disappointed and will not stay here again. We would have moved to a different hotel immediately but could not find a larger room available nearby. We regularly stay at both nice and high-end hotels (Hyatt, Hilton, Ritz-Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, etc) and have an idea of what to expect for great, good and decent service. This service experience was not any of those - we expect a lot more for the amount of money we paid. The room was also underwhelming for the money we paid - we expect a lot more for that amount of money.

Room Tip: Nothing useful to share as we did not get the room we booked.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Erik P
TheSeaCrestTeam, Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

On behalf of the management and staff of the SeaCrest, we are always disturbed whenever a guest experiences anything less than complete satisfaction, obviously the case during your recent stay. We do subscribe to the old adage “the customer is always right!” Therefore, where the room type mix-up occurred should not have mattered. It was our responsibility to fix it.
However, that became impossible, since the hotel suites were completely booked during your stay dates, with no chance to place you in a family suite or any similar accommodation. Please accept our sincere apology for the way you and your family were handled.

The SeaCrest is distinctly not a “cookie-cutter” Hilton or Hyatt and in fact prides itself on its individuality and “retro-chic” décor, in keeping with its city, Pismo Beach’s, “Classic California” slogan. I direct your attention to the over 800 pictures of our view, grounds and room interiors, guests have posted on TripAdvisor. Our guest survey service scores however, do rival the high-end national hotel brands anywhere in the country.

Please give us another chance to satisfy your vacation desires. Contact the General Manager directly and we will do everything within our power to provide you the exceptional experience we demand of our hotel and its staff.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Where do I start? How about "BORIS" the young man greeted me at the entrance and promptly helped direct me to the check in. What a sweetheart he was, so friendly and smiling, immediately engaged me in a fun conversation about my Mercedes and his. The FIRST person you meet when you check in can make or break the experience and he made it for me. I then checked in promptly they found my reservation and I parked the car and took the dogs into the room first off. Then I went back and again BORIS helped me unload the entire trunk including the HUGE metal dog crate I travel with. Totally an asset to this property he is! Once I got settled in I could admire the phenomenal ocean views from my room and the room itself which was so MODERN, clean and appealing in every way. Quite small but it worked for us. I travel with blankets and cover all the chairs and bedding to protect it regardless of being pet friendly. This hotel caters to dogs. Looking out the sliding glass doors to my own little patio and chairs I saw dogs being walked and that made me smile. The supplied dog dishes and a dog bed and that was so special! Ok now the property, HUGE well kept and maintained, and OCEAN front with steps leading down to it. That was why I wanted to bring my dogs here while I was travelling. Loved the bed, the bedding, very comfortable and quiet peaceful place to stay. Unfortunately NO restaurant on site.. No bar or social scene at all. I would change that so people could sit out by the pool and order a drink and small appetizer perhaps. They don't allow you to leave your dogs in the room by themselves which made it impossible for me to go anywhere so that also was unfortunate and not the normal rule in most pet friendly hotels.I had emailed them prior to arriving asking if there was a doggy daycare or something like that available but got no reply yet on my checkout when I mentioned no being able to see many attractions nearby because of my dogs the girl THEN said they had a dog-sitter available.. :( wished I had known that before but she apologised profusely even though I am sure it was not her fault .Wine tours and Hearst Castle are nearby so there are many things to do as well as just enjoy this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo