“Very nice”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The location is perfect. Overlooking the ocean with stairs right to the beach. (The stairs are steep and many so not suitable for the elderly or someone with knee problems). Everyone honored the quiet time from 10p - 8a which was nice. It's a very active, happy place during the day with the swimming pool, beach, lawn games, etc. Nice too that pet owners followed the on-leash rule and picked up their messes. The rooms are comfortable and clean and all have an ocean view. Services are lacking a bit for this price. No bell service and impossible to find a luggage cart when you need to check in or out. Also, no laundry facilities - you're directed to a Laundromat in town. ): The Marie Callendars on site is excellent. Better than most Marie Callendars. Very nice staff, good service and great food. You get 15% off your meal if you tell them you're staying at the SeaCrest. No one at SeaCrest told us that, the server just happened to mention it. I recommend renting ATV's in Oceano. That's a blast.
The Seacrest is a family place and great for kids but quiet at night time. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: I think any room would be great. They're all the same with views.
1  Thank DJM770
SeaCrestStaff, SeaCrest Staff at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

DJM770,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here at the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel! We love having families here at the hotel to help make our hotel a, "very active, happy place" like you said. I apologize that it was difficult to find a luggage cart when you needed it but I assure you that we are looking into purchasing additional carts so that more of our guests can be accommodated.

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel. Happy Traveling!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Location: The hotel is directly on the beach and a little over 1/2 mile to downtown. A very easy walk.

Room: When I checked in I was upgraded for free from a King Room to a poolside oceanview which was a great surprise. Once we were settled in our room and ready for bed we realized the air conditioner was not working. They promptly sent over the night maintenance man who in the end said that the unit needed to be replaced. At 8:00pm I was moved from my upgrade back to a regular no view King Room. While I was disappointed to lose my oceanview, it was a larger room so that was nice. The maintenance man went and got my new keys and moved us to our new room. He was a HUGE help! The rooms are updated and very clean. They contain a microwave, fridge, Keurig, and patio set outside.

Check-in/check-out: super easy

Food: Free Breakfast is very basic with fruits, cereals, juices, bagels, etc. There is a Marie Callendar's on the premise.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and will stay there again. Their pool, spas, and outdoor BBQ area is very nice.

Room Tip: 118 is a nice ocean poolside room. 204 is a large nonview room with a king in a very quiet area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

mrsmichaelene, thank you so much for your review. We sincerely apologize that the air conditioning unit in your room wasn't working properly but I am glad that you were satisfied with your accommodations in the end. I assure you that in any case, our maintenance team is always ready and willing to help fix any issues you may run into! We strive to do our very best to provide the best service possible and we are glad that your check in and check out went very smoothly and that you enjoyed our many outdoor lounging areas and BBQ's.

We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit to the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Seacrest with my family. It is a beautiful location on a cliff overlooking the ocean. the views are spectacular and I actually enjoyed the stairs down to the beach. There is a pool and hot tub overlooking the ocean as well as fire pits at night. The rooms are your average hotel room small but comfortable. The walk to Pismo pier seemed to be about a mile very do able. We would stay again.

Ingrid 632,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! Here at the SeaCrest we really do pride ourselves in being a family friendly hotel that is welcoming and clean with a place for everyone to relax and enjoy. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit. Safe travels!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived at your hotel 10 minuets before 4:00 pm and were told they needed 15 minuets that they didn't have a room ready for us , we were directed to coffee and cookies , we walked around the grounds for 20 minuets, I went back to the front desk only to be and I was greeted as though they had never seen me before , ask for my name , and was told I'm sorry we still have nothing ready , may they have another 15 minuets or so , again we walked around more and more people were coming to check in some were told to please come back in 15 or so minuets and , and some were given keys and checked in , I came back 5 times , 5 times I was greeted as though they had not ever seen me before , I was told ok 206 will be ready in just a few minuets and they would check me in , as I walked away a man came up they took his name the last thing I heard the desk say to him your room is 206 gave him his keys , I came to the desk and said you just gave my room away , the said no , the room is not the room we have for you ? it is now 5:20 pm , she said I'm sorry but your room is still not ready have a seat . now as I sit right in front of the desk nearing 6:00 pm 9 people have filled the desk front trying to check in , I'm sorry this is so unexceptable I walked out and drove away ... I called and left a message with the manager because he didn't answer the phone , I left a detailed message of what happened and told them we will not be coming back . and I will not pay for the charges on the reservation, left my number if they had a problem with that .. after arriving home the next day I received a call from the manager on my voice mail that I had not heard as yet , he apauligised for this and I would not be charged . then I get another call from the guy that was the front desk at the time I had been trying to check in , He told me that they would be charging me for both night because I left and there is a 48 hour cancelation fee and I hadn't given them that 48 hour notice. I stopped the conversation with I will be calling back to speak to the manager, Then I checked my messages and found that it had all been taken care of at no charge , I am pleased that it was handled , But I do not believe that this was the experience I had and I will not be coming back to stay at the Sea creast , My business will be given to Best Western shore cove as they were very acomidating , more expensive but well worth the price ... I would hope that no one else would ever have to experience this kind of treatment, As I will be sharing this with my friends and family that frequent the coast ...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Denise G
Andrew J, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Denise G,

I greatly apologize for the situation you encountered and appreciate the feedback you provided. That is not the experience you should have encountered and not the experience we should have provided, nor want to be providing. Our goal is to be recognized as an excellent hotel that provides great service. You caught us at an unorganized moment, and that should not happen here. It disappoints me that you had a such an experience as a customer and has given me a challenge to ensure that it does not happen again. On the positive side, I am certainly glad that you were able to find accommodations on such short notice and have an enjoyable weekend here in Pismo. I understand this experience probably left you with a bad taste, however, I know that the SeaCrest can provide you with the experience that you were expecting. Please contact me at your convenience to further discuss your experience and how we can learn from and prevent it in the future, 805-773-1808, or andrew@seacrestpismo.com.

Andrew

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stayed on a Saturday through Tuesday for our anniversary getaway, and a fun weekend of wine tasting. We enjoyed our patio that opened directly to a view of the pool and the ocean. Having a room ground level can be a bit noisy early in the morning with the sound of cars and people walking by, but the quick access to the grounds made it worth it. The fire pits were great! We did not care for the Shell Cafe, which the hotel recommends for breakfast, as the service and food were far below average. We chose not to visit the hot tub nor the pool because there were lots of kids, even late at night, which was disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at SeaCrest Hotel. The location is fantastic, right Pismo Beach, the property was clean and well maintained, and even the continental breakfast was nice. It is definitely a family gathering place, so if you don't want to hear children laughing in the pool and having fun, find another place. But we loved it and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view-we slept every night with the slider open listening to the crashing wa...
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped here one night driving up the California coast, and stayed in a pet friendly room with our little terrier Alden. The front desk staff were great and polite. The room opened up onto the property near the pool with a small patio with ocean views. It was perfect for us and our our pet--they provided bowls and even a sleeping bed for Alden. It was also my husband's birthday and I had ordered a German Chocolate cake as a surprise, and it was one of the best I've ever tasted.
We were able to walk down some stairs very near our room and take a nice long walk on the beach at sunset. I'd like to come back during the summer when the weather is warmer and we can use the pool and swim in the ocean.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean or pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple