“Wonderful time!”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Came on a recent trip on our way back up the coast. Great pool and spas (two others separated from the pool) with excellent lounge area and grass space for our dog. We were placed in a first floor room but had to have our patio space towards the back since it is the enclosed space for pets. Also, the pet policy doesn't allow pets to stay alone in the room (totally agree) but they can't go into the pool area...what do you do? This time I had my husband but if I was alone my kids couldn't swim? On the positive note our four legged family member was welcomed with dog bowls and his own bed.
The price is pretty steep and couldn't stay more than 2 nights if we returned. I recommend a night or two here...great service, free breakfast, and fun for the kids for sure!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SeaCrestStaff, Director of Sales at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your review, we look forward to your next visit with the family!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,103)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family has vacationed here many summers and never had any issues and nothing to complain about. This past trip (7/26/14 - 8/1/14) we brought our dog with us and I put the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on our door to make sure no maids/house keeping would enter our room. I was sitting on the bed and I heard a knock on the door and by the time i got up to answer it the door was already opening up. It was house keeping. When she saw me she already started apologizing. I asked her what she was doing and did she not see the DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door!!! I was really angry! I told her she had no right entering my room! She apologized and said she had the wrong room. I find it very suspicious that she would enter a DO NOT DISTURB room in the first place. And to open the door as she is knocking. She must have thought no one was in the room. So, why was she coming in my room! All she kept saying was I am sorry I have the wrong room. I made a complaint at the front desk. I got a $30 off next trip. But that does not ease my mind. What does the DO NOT DISTURB sign mean then if they still enter your room????!!!!!!?????? Not sure if i will be going back a next time. I cant be worried while i am out of the room if someone will be going in my room!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Andrew J, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Tray G,

I'm so glad you brought this to our attention, and I am very sorry you had this experience. I am very very sensitive to the Do Not Disturb signs and this has already been addressed with staff, and will be an ongoing training item. Some times we do see that they are left on by mistake, however, we MUST not assume anything and treat it as it says: DO NOT DISTURB. The sign could be hung for various reasons, but regardless, we must respect the guest's privacy.

Please accept my sincere apology regarding this matter. Also, please contact me at your earliest convenience to further discuss your experience, 805-773-1808.

Andrew

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A bit overpriced but most hotels right on the beach tend to be. Clean, adequate albeit small rooms. Very hard working cleaning staff. Fun grounds. Stairway (with a LOT of stairs) to the beach. Carry little ones down. .75 mike walk down clean, smooth, fairly uncrowded beach to Pismo. Desk staff run from very good to marginal - depending on who you get. Breakfast (yogurt, toast, bagels, toaster waffles, cereal, hard boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, apples, oranges, bananas, grapefruit, juice) not bad. Coffee not so great but available all day. Large gathering areas. Large lawn area for play. Overall, a good place to go with a family. Not so much if you want a couples get away.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the main building. They all have ocean view BUT they all are right on lawn and...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kbartaldo

Thanks for sharing your experience, we hope to have you and the family back with us again!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We waited two hours to check in (that after check in time). Check in staff was harried, over run. While we waited for our room our kids shivered by the pool as the hotel had run out of towels.
Room was so so, institutional feeling, as is the property on the whole. It looks like they did a boutique like face lift, but that veneer is now fading.
The saving grace of this hotel has nothing to do with the hotel, and everything to do with the unbeatable location, veering dreamily right over the pacific with a short walk down to a beautiful wide beach. Another plus is that you can hear the dreamy soft sound of the surf from your bed as you drift off to sleep. The cleaning staff and the grounds staff were upbeat and sunny, especially Boris the bell boy who went out of his way to help us carry our bags and to hand deliver . restaurant menus. *Take note, there is no restaurant, no bar--so an inordinate amount of vacation time is spent hunting and gathering food, instead of more easily dining on site.

Room Tip: Go for ocean front, a bit more expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Adriaticqueen

Dear Adriaticqueen,

I'm so sorry that you didn't have the best experience during your most recent visit to the SeaCrest. We have had some challenging moments getting backed up bit. There are simply no excuses and that is not the experience you should have had and we do want to make it up to you!

We have some work to do to prevent these back ups in the future because we don't want the location to be our saving grace, we want the location to be a great addition to an amazing hotel. We understand that we don't have many options for immediate restaurants or bars near by, so we offer things such as the fridges and microwaves in your room , as well as the option for alcoholic beverages to be delivered to your room, we call it thirst aid.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can further discuss your stay and returning to the SeaCrest.

Andrew

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights, only complaint was waiting two hours for towels at the pool after multiple people asked front desk to get some. This was at night when it was very chilly out. The facility is very nice and people who work there are too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, and our sincerest apologies about the pool towels. We hope to have you back with us again!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel doesn't look much from the road but once you are inside it is amazing: balconies overlooking the pretty grounds and ocean; hot tubs and a swimming pool; fire pits and comfy chairs all add to the magic. The rooms are good too and include a fridge and microwave.

The hotel also has a private path to Pismo Beach where you can walk along the sands to the village - very lovely.

Sadly there is no bar so you cannot order drinks to your table outside. Instead, you have to go through the rather cumbersome process of ordering your drinks to your room and then taking them outside: not ideal!

Room Tip: There is no lift in the main building, so choose the north or south blocks if you struggle with stai...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BenandAlexandra

Thank you for your review! We do apologize that we cannot deliver our Thirst Aid beverage service to the pool or patios due to our ABC license (Alcohol Beverage Control). We hope to have you back with us again anyways!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

What a pleasant experience. This is one of the absolute best hotels on the shore we've ever stayed in. The cliffs overlook the ocean, the amenities, the people, the service deserved an absolute A+. Superb courtyard, with a large pool and two hot tubs overlooking the Pacific ocean from a 100ft cliff height, with almost like a private, secluded beach at the bottom. Excellent selection of on-site services, from fast internet to great breakfast, coffee & teas at all times. Front desk people are very knowledgeable, extremely helpful and accommodating. We had an absolute blast and promise solemnly we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean front rooms, if available. Even if they suggest the upgrade, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catalin M
SeaCrestStaff, Director of Sales at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for your sharing your experience, we look forward to your next visit!