“Great Family Setup”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Checkin was fantastic. Jacob worked with us and exceeded expectations on getting us a fantastic room. Perfect for families with ocean access, pool, and a nice breakfast included. Dave also did a great job getting us an extra bed setup. His attitude could not have been more pleasant.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean or coastline view. I'd stay away from the Deluxe rooms because most of...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ram_traveller_w4
SeaCrestStaff, Director of Sales at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience, Jacob and Dave will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, along with the rest of our team!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and the location was amAzing..... We however got a room in the main building which felt like a dungeon! Although well equipped and staff helpful we felt trapped and dark in the room.
Outside was a different story, easy access to the beach which is pretty quiet and a nice walk to the town is advised. We watched the sunset one evening and it was gorgeous and so romantic even though is did go cold at night.
Breakfast was a bit help yourself and run but nether the less adequate and having breakfast outside is a must!!
The is a restaurant near buy which is ok bit nothing special.
Beautiful location with friendly staff but kist be-careful which room you get!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fusion79

Thank you for sharing your experience and kind words! We do apologize that your room was not what you expected, we might recommend an Ocean View Room for you next time!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

So I was looking for a romantic place to stay near the ocean. The reviews here were pretty good so I decided to try it out. The pros; Check in was at 4pm but we got here at 3pm and they quickly got us in which was a plus. As soon as we got our room we had a spectacular ocean view which was absolutely stunning. The beach acess was awesome! The staff was friendly. They had really nice fire pits at night.
The cons: The bed sucked ( this is a huge thing for me to have a comfy bed!) The room was loud from all the kids in the pool ( nothing against kids but hearing them from 4pm till almost 10pm is not my fave!) It was overall not that impressive. Nothing great or exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather R
Andrew J, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hi Heather R,

Thanks so much for staying with us and saying those nice things about us. Im so happy we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in, we love to do so when we can. You mentioned some pros and cons, and I just want to tell you that our pros list is going to continue growing because we love to improve the facility when possible, including new beds this winter, because you're absolutely right: part of relaxing on vacation is a good night sleep. Im sorry the kids were so loud, it must have been some great weather to enjoy the pool all evening. Thanks again for the feedback and we're looking forward to your next visit.

Andrew

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We just booked in for one night, whilst driving along the coast. We didn't have high expectations for it, however were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and very helpful - offering lots of choices for dinner.
There was plenty of parking, and it was right on the beach, which was lovely.
There was a bit of traffic noise, however it didn't disturb us at night.
The only poor part was the breakfast. It was very crowded, with no organisation - just a free-for-all. There was also very limited seating, and again, no organisation. The breakfast itself was fairly average.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SeaCrestStaff, SeaCrest Staff at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I am leaving a poor rating, primarily due to lack of quality customer service and deceiving "advertisement'. I was very close to leaving a rating of terrible. I don't know if I will stay again, in the future, because this establishment does allow dogs.. I was very disappointed with the check-in process. I arrived at 3:15 p.m. Room was not ready yet, which was fine,as check-in was noted as 4:00 p.m. The desk clerk commented, it would be a great time to walk down the stairs and go to the beach with the dogs. Never mind that I was in a walking boot and would have a difficult time doing so. Before checking in we were able to enjoy the grounds and take the dogs for a walk. We left a contact number for someone to call us when room was ready. At 4:30, we had not received a call yet regarding the room. I go back to the front desk and room was still not ready. We leave to go get some bottled water and other needs. Prior to returning, I called and was unable to get an answer, which was no surprise, as both times I was at the front desk, the lobby was packed with people checking in. I returned a little before 5:00 p.m and room still not ready. I asked how long it would be as we had a 3 hour drive to get there and were ready to relax. Desk clerk rudely said she didn't know there were lots of people checking in. She may have been having a bad day due to another person checking in not happy at all that her room was ready and she just finished going round and round with her but no reason to take it out on me. I sat in the lobby waiting, and room is finally ready at 5:15 p.m., with no apologies given, offers of credit or any other amenity. The room binder with services available stated there is room service until 10PM, after getting into room late, we were in no mood to go out to eat. There was no menu or any information regarding food service other than to state the hours. I called the front desk to inquire and was not able to get an answer. We used the delivery option instead, of a local delivery service magazine, found in the room. I would have liked to have a chaise lounge near the room to relax. They were available near the pool area, but dogs were not allowed near the pool. I inquired of having a chaise lounge placed by our room but was told no, not available. I asked if I would be able to bring a chaise lounge from the pool area within vicinity of my room to be outside and lay with the dogs. I was told absolutely not. The bed was most uncomfortable. The convenience of having the pets was nice but the bed, being so uncomfortable, and just having chairs to sit on during the stay to relax outside, made for uncomfortable experience. On Saturday afternoon, it was a bit chilly, with the breeze blowing in with screen door open, and refreshing but it was chilly. I called the front desk asking to have an extra blanket brought to the room. After 1 1/2 hours no blanket. I called again and was told, "no one brought one? That's strange. We'll take care of it." after 1/2 hour, still no blanket. I finally just walked to housekeeping to ask for an extra blanket and they were very accommodating. The friendly housekeeper said no one ever notified them to bring a blanket. She gave me two blankets and two extra pillows. She asked if there was anything else I needed. She was very, very nice. I am sorry I did not get her name. For the price that I paid for the room, customer service should have been a lot more friendly and accommodating, and something should have been offered for the 75 minute delay in checking in. The location is nice, views are great and having pets is wonderful. Just can't see paying to have rude customer service and no ability to relax outside the room to enjoy the ocean view.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CFS1966

Dear CFS1966,

I am so sorry to hear about the experience you incurred during your most recent visit to stay with us, it is the exact opposite of what we want our guests to experience. Thank you for providing us with your feed back as you are correct, we should have been to accommodate most if not all of your requests, and we should have communicated better with you regarding the delay for your room and blanket. You have given us some key components to work on and I look forward to improving the experience here at the SeaCrest, however, that does nothing for you regarding your recent visit. Please call me at your convenience to further discuss your experience and how we can make it better for you.

Andrew
805-773-1808

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Lemme start off by saying that my husband and I, along with our dog, stayed here for two nights for our anniversary. Families and dogs all seem to be having fun at this hotel, but it's good for couples as well.
Pros: great location, with beach access via stairs (keep in mind this hotel is on a cliff overlooking the beach), front desk and housekeeping friendly and professional, room was clean (couldn't even tell we were at a pet-friendly hotel), breakfast had decent variety.
Cons: thin walls (we could hear conversations in the hallway and that one time someone was using the ice machine and filling up their cooler at 7am), got overcharged for the dog package rate, as well as the room daily rate. I brought it to their attention upon getting my receipt at checkout. (And this is why you should always check your receipt.) Fortunately, Jessica at the front desk was able to resolve the issue.
We loved the soft sands of Pismo Beach, the beautiful sunsets, and the cute little town of Pismo (go to Gino's Pizza--the pizza and mozzarella sticks were yummy!). We were in Room 138--ocean view on the ground floor with a patio and easy access to the grassy area for our dog. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us! We are happy to hear you had such a great time in Pismo & at the SeaCrest. We hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

From the location to the amenities this hotel has to offer, I was in a state of desperation to visit this hotel one last time w/my family this summer but an unexpected event took place causing me to either have to cancel our 4 day stay or re-arrange the dates (which i didn't think was possible since they've been booked solid for 2 months). Thanks to Jessica at the front desk, she pulled some strings to make our trip possible & we are on our way back! We travel quite a bit & I am a princess about where we stay. This place is THE whole package!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mandulas
SeaCrestStaff, Director of Sales at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Jessica is a star and we are so pleased we could accommodate your change of plans. We look forward to your next visit!