“A great stop on our trip”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Pismo Beach, California
“A great stop on our trip”
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We felt like we were staying in someone's home rather than a hotel. Our room was new, beautifully decorated, spotless, had a great ocean view, and easy access to the beach. Don't be worried when you drive into the parking lot where it doesn't look like much. That's because the entire place is oriented toward the ocean.

Our only complaint was it took us over an hour to check in. It seemed like they really insisted on not checking in anybody before 4pm and had some computer problem. This resulted in a line that stretched out of the lobby and into the parking lot. Some simple acknowledgement would have been appropriate but there was no apology or explanation made to anyone waiting.

The free continental breakfast was worth what you pay for it and consists of basic carbs (pastries,cereal, coffee, juice, etc). Management might want to consider setting up a second coffee station to keep things moving.

Not that you'd want to spend much time in your room watching TV, but I thought it was cool that the SeaCrest has DirecTV that looks just like what I watch at home. It wasn't "HotelTV" with all the usual crap options usually found in hotels.

If you're looking to kick back at the beach for a few days, the SeaCrest is a great choice.

1 Thank gd540

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
california
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I understand that you were doing major renovations so you would think your staff would concentrate on giving decent service.
My niece recently lost her mother so my sister and I thought we would spend a night at the coast with her.
I booked a room with an ocean view but were given a patial view room that over looked the pool area. When I told the front desk, the attitude was take it or leave it with no apology.
After going back to our room we found that we had no bath towels.It took two hours of waitng for the towels to be delivered to our room.
The next morning we found our coffee maker did not work.I was told by the front staff that they would send a maintenance man to repair it. Wouldn't it have been better to send us a different coffee pot. I guess we were expected to stay in our room in our robes and watch someone work on a coffee pot.
I see that the bottom line is most important to your company not customer service.
Please don't use renovations as an excuse as it was just poor service.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Las Vegas Nevada
Reviewed 31 July 2009

My family has been coming here for years.We again made Sea Crest our home away from home.The views of the ocean are just wonderful!The staff is so friendly :). Our room was VERY clean,with everything we needed.Its a place we feel so comfortable at.When we return to Pismo, its a place we will stay at again for sure.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
APenry, General Manager at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are happy to hear that we can host you and your family time and time again when you are away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,
Aaron
New York, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Beautiful new room great amenities and amazing views, that was just the start to our stay at the Seacrest Resort. The rooms were well appointed and reasonably priced. With flat screen HD tv's, fridge, microwave, super comfy pillow top beds and crisp fluffy linens I would have expected to pay much more. The brilliant decor complimented the the gorgeous views. Our stay was great from the moment we arrived to check out, just after our third morning of yummy pastries and coffee over looking the stunning Pacific Ocean. Just wish there were a bar, then we would have never left the property. We will be back soon.

California
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed here for two days and enjoyed the hotel. The rooms were small but very nice. The view of the ocean from our balcony was great. You can access the beach right from the hotel, which was extremely convenient. I was suprised at how nice the hotel was because when you drive up, it doesn't look impressive. However, as soon as you enter the room and see the view, it will remind you of paradise!

Only suggestion is to not eat at the Marie Callendar's located across the parking lot. The food was HORRIBLE, as well as the service. I would have driven five miles to 5 cities and eaten McDonald's instead of this food.

Fresno
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The remodeled rooms do look nice. Our stay at this place was ruined by the creepy guy behind the front desk. We were checked in about 2 hours when we got a phone call from a man at the front desk who was rather rude. He was trying to charge my credit card $300.00 for dogs that were not even in our room!!! I asked to speak to a manager, as i was getting nowhere with this guys attitude. He placed me on hold, or at least he thought he did. I heard every word he said in the 15 minuets i was on "hold". He sat there and gloated to his coworkers about how he "told" me off. Then they preceeded to talk about what they would get from starbucks. I was so frustrated at this point i hung up and called back. Of course he answered and said the manager would have to call me back. I then let him know how unprofessional i thought he was and how i had heard every word he said about me to his coworker. In our 4 DAY stay the manager never did call me. But every single time My family and i went outside our room, there was the creepy guy that had told me off. SMOKING out front in the customer parking area. Are you kidding me??? My entire family knew this was the guy by the way he would constantly stare and make us all uncomfortable. Why are employees out in the customer parking area smoking? He was out there constantly, to be honest he alone ruined our styay., Needless to say at check out there were no additional charges. We spent $1000.00 for 3 nights, and felt very uncomfortable. I will never go back, as there are much nicer places with professional staff to stay in Pismo.

STL
Reviewed 27 July 2009

I was taking a dream vacation of traveling the Pacific Coast Highway. One of our stops was Pismo Beach. The Seacrest Hotel was one of the few hotels that was in our price range. Driving up I was not real impressed. When I entered to register I saw the Pacific Ocean staring back. I immediately upgraded from the mountain view to the ocean view. Entering the the room again a hugh surprise. The rooms are very tastefully decorated. color everywhere. I loved this hotel and they give you a great continental breakfast.

1 Thank StlGetaway
SHHHHHHH, if you tell everyone it will no longer be our little seacrest... I mean secret.

Regards,