“The Best Value in Pismo if Not the Central Coast”

SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I first stayed at the Sea Crest about a year ago while they were doing the reservation. I was searching TripAdvisor for a hotel on the Central Coast and noticed that the manage had responded to each of the reviews, good and bad., so I decided to try them out and found a good price on Orbitz.When I arrived I was still in uniform from my Reserve weekend. The hotel wasn't full so they upgraded me to an ocean front room, which certainly made it a much nicer stay. Mark them as Veteran friendly if that matters to you.

Since then I have stayed about half a dozen times and while they have not always been so accommodating with the ocean views, they have mostly done a very good job of taking care of me. Not all of the rooms are completely renovated, but I find the place very comfortable. The views from the tower rooms can be spectacular and those in the main building aren't bad, either. I haven't made much use of the amenities, but the place seems well maintained and the staff helpful.

They have a deal for take out with Marie Callendars, but I'd give it a pass. Not all the costs are made clear.

Overall, and very good place to stay and a good value. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Misterhawk
SeaCrestManagement, Management Company at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2010

Thank you for your service, we honor your commitment to our country's safety.

On behalf of the management and entire staff of the SeaCrest Beach Resort, we are delighted you enjoy your times in Pismo Beach and your regular visits to the SeaCrest Beach Resort.

We appreciate your return stays and will always try when possible to upgrade our "frequent fliers", especially those serving the US Military. Please return again soon, now that the SeaCrest has completed its renovation in both its rooms and exterior grounds.

Take advantage of our new amenities such as our summer-time poolside food service.

Your excellent Trip Advisor SeaCrest ratings and recommendation to friends mean a great deal to us.

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,126)

Reviewed 15 April 2010

This mini trip was for my Birthday and I was very pleased. The hotel was very nice and our room was as well, the bed was very comfy and I slept like a baby. I had parcial view of the ocean which was nice, but next time I will get a room with a full view of the ocean. The people at the front desk,very pleasant and helpful. I will be back with more family members and already have made recomendtions to friends to stay at this place. Wish I could of stayed a few more days. We live near the ocean in Oceanside Ca. but loved this place...(The cont breakfast could of had a few more choices like waffles or eggs/bacon.) other than that exellent!!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We recently took our company on a convention and we housed everybody at the SeaCrest. The place was beautiful, but even better than that, the staff was so pleasant and accomodating. We are a company that prides ourselves on customer service and it was nice to run into a hotel that does the same. The Group Sales Manager, Mr. Wamboldt, was a pleasure to work with. The front desk clerks were friendly and energetic and we were pampered during our stay. We have stayed at many, many hotels in this area and The SeaCrest was by far the best! I would recommed this hotel to anyone looking to saty in the area!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We were on a trip visiting locations on the west coast, this was by far the BEST. The staff went out of their way to make our trip a most memorable one. We will absolutely definitely stop here again. The staff right through from the management to the cleaning staff were A1.
Would I recommend this place to a friend "ABSOLUTELY"

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2010

This is a nice quaint seaside motel that is surprisingly modern. Pulling up from the outside, the lodging is nothing to look at, but inside and from the ocean, the place is inviting, cozy, and modern.

We arrived later on a Thursday evening. This was during the off season, so the motel was pretty empty. The front desk associate was very nice and friendly. I was a little disappointed the associate didn't give us something with an ocean view (I prepaid) for how empty the place was... He wanted to charge me $20 for an upgraded room with sea view. I said no thank you. I know nothing in life is free so I can't harp on this too much, but... for how vacant the property was, and to make a good first impression on the guest, it would have been a nice gesture to get us something with a view.

Either way, our room was very nice. The decor was a modern touch of 70's. The room had a flat screen tv, a very comfortable king size bed, a refrigerator, and a nice clean bathroom. From the outside the building gives a motel feel, from the inside it gives a hotel feel. The only awkward part of the room is that it looks onto the building next to SeaCrest, with a path in between buildings. People are walking back and forth from the pool to their room on this path and we found that we could not get the shutters to completely close and give us privacy. Just minor things...

We used the hot tub by the pool at SeaCrest and found it clean and a nice temperature. The view is great... overlooking a cliff onto the ocean. The next morning we found that the path that lead down to the ocean did not actually lead to a beach. Maybe it was due to the tide or something, but keep in mind SeaCrest does not have beach access.

The breakfast was good and simple. They had varieties of pastries, cereals, toast, bagels, fruit, coffee, etc. The town of Pismo is very close... We drove down and enjoyed a nice long walk around town and up the pier. After tooling around town we headed south and visited wineries (about an hour away).

All in all SeaScape was a pleasant experience. We only stayed for a night, so we didn't get the full "resort" experience. My observation was that this was a nice sea side motel that had the feeling of a hotel. The staff was friendly, there were just a couple things that could have been done to make this a five star stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
SeaCrestManagement, Management Company at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2010

On behalf of the management and staff of the SeaCrest Beach Resort, we thank you for your recent stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed your time in Pismo Beach. We appreciate your willingness to recommend our hotel to others, enthusiastic guests are any hotel's best recommendation. You're correct in the assumption that you unfortunately picked a very high-tide time of day for your beach walk. The SeaCrest is the only Pismo Bluffs hotel with direct beach access, but Mother Nature constantly does her thing and in addition to the normal phenomena which determine daily tide cycles, our winter rainstorms did create higher than usual tides during the time of your stay. Please visit our website and click on Photo Gallery then click onto the “beach access” camera icon and view both a video and still pictures of our lovely beach under more normal tide conditions. Regarding your free upgrade request, our front desk staff does have the authority to grant such requests based on occupancy, but you can understand that their responsibility includes maximizing revenue for the hotel, especially in these "off-season" months.

Thank you again for your patronage of the SeaCrest Beach Resort.

Reviewed 30 March 2010

my husband and i wanted a getaway forgot it was spring break got the spa package good value off site spa and off sit gym .5 miles each way view was fab from room 306 at end see the ocean from your bed decore needs some updating 80s feel but what a view could see pier from room and could walk to pier down some steep stairsand thru water but fun 3 outdoor hot tubs good and the bed was great and soft like a dream Its not a grand hotel but for family its great i want quite peaceful this is for familes and singles

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
SeaCrestManagement, Management Company at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2010

On behalf of the management and staff of the SeaCrest Beach Resort, we thank you for your recent visit and are delighted you enjoyed your time in Pismo Beach. Yes, Spring Break is not only one of our busiest periods of the year, but probably also our highest concentration of families and young adults. We pride ourselves as being the area’s hotel for “Any Reason, any Season” and this certainly includes quiet, romantic couples getaways. The Spa Package you chose is one of our most popular deal choices year-round. Please join us again soon during a more “normal” time of year. You have seen the result of SeaCrest’s $6.5 million renovation of its rooms and grounds, but more upgrades are on the way, such as our outdoor pool-side food service coming this summer. Our unique position as the only Pismo Bluffs hotel with direct beach access and on-property restaurant provides an unparalleled experience for all our guests. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2010

Room was nice, comfortable, recently renovated I believe. Continental breakfast was slightly above average. Front desk staff polite, somewhat friendly. For the price, it's definitely worth going back - probably the best value in town.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple