“Great Location! But rooms are too hot!”

SeaVenture Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Anaheim, California
“Great Location! But rooms are too hot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Decent hotel. Check in was fast and efficient. The front desk girls weren’t very friendly, as the other reviewers noted, but no biggie. Our room and bathroom were fairly smaller than normal hotels, but the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. We had a balcony with a hot tub which my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed! The location of the hotel is great, steps away from the beach, walking distance to the piers and restaurants.

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel for both happy hour and dinner and both were wonderful!! The staff in the restaurant are friendly and helpful and the food was sooo good. During happy hour, we had the cheese plate, bacon wrapped scallops, and shrimp cocktail, along with wine and beer at a fairly decent price. We came back for dinner later that night and I ordered the Scallops n Shrimp and added a lobster tail, while my boyfriend ordered the Vol-En-Vent. I enjoyed my lobster tail, but my the Vol-En-Vent was delicious!!! I wish I had ordered that instead.

The only really negative aspect of the hotel was that they had no AC. I know that being on the beach, there is a cool breeze most of the time, but we happened to be there on a hot summer day and our room was not facing the beach. Our room was soooooo hot, and the ceiling fan did nothing. I was really uncomfortable, especially at night sleeping and when trying to blow dry my hair after my shower. We called downstairs and asked if they had a fan, which they brought us promptly. The fan did help a little, but they really need to invest in AC for the rooms that do not face the water.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SuzieQ154
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear SuzieQ154,
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel and restaurant!
I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay; utilizing the balcony hot tub and our prime beachfront location.
Your compliments for the restaurant and food are so kind, and have been shared with all the staff and management at the hotel and restaurant.
I'm sorry to read that the temperature in the room wasn't comfortable for you. You are correct by stating most coastal residence and businesses don't have air conditioning; mainly because it is rarely needed. We strive the utmost comfort for our guests, and I'm sorry that we fell short.
We hope your travels bring your back to the SeaVenture again in the future.

SeaVenture Staff and Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Korean first
Nipomo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went for happy hour the other day to the Sea Venutre Restaurant at the Sea Venture hotel. Located on the 3rd floor facing the beach the entire wall is made of windows, giving you the best beach view in Pismo. Great small plates Happy Hour deal, buy 2 get 1 free. Great food and great drinks, very well appointed wine list.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Fitf00die
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Fitf00die,
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed the wonderful ocean views, the happy hour selection and our wine list. You are right, our floor to ceiling windows ensure every table in the restaurant have an ocean view! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Pismo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had dinner last night at the SeaVenture Hotel's restaurant. I was alone but they gave me a beautiful table by the window with a wonderful view. The sunset was phenomenal! My waiter, Chris was awesome. He was knowledgeable about the food and provided great service.; He was professional and friendly, which is appreciated when you are traveling alone. The lobster and shrimp, chicken pot pie in a puff pastry was delicious and beautifully presented. This was a fine dining experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeanine K
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

A nice room that has it's own hot tub on the balcony, a comfy bed and for those cold evenings there's a fire in the room. The location can't be faulted as it's right on the beach.
Car parking is underneath the hotel at a cost of $10 per night, which I believe is reasonable as it also includes bike hire.
We will defiantly be staying here again our next trip to Pismo

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear AERLJR,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay with us. We truly hope you enjoyed your travels in the US and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wonderful short vacation! SeaVenture is absolutely Paradise. I have stayed at SeaVenture many times and I am never disappointed. The staff and the rooms are wonderful. Where can you walk out from your room steps away from the beach?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jriley6666
Dear jriley6666,
Thank you for leaving this very kind review! We truly appreciate your continued loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits in the future!

L.A.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The sea venture is a great way to visit the central coast. Rooms are very reasonably priced, given that the hotel is on the beach (the pier and shops are only two blocks walking). The rooms are small, but the beds are very comfortable. Almost every room has a hot tub on the balcony making it a relaxing, or romantic stay, depending on what you're going for. Breakfast is brought to your room everyday for only $5 per guest and you get the USA today daily and you can borrow beach crusisers, kites, etc. to enjoy the beach (included in $10 daily resort fee).
My husband and I got married here and return every year to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ali_Ace
Dear Ali_Ace,
Happy Belated Anniversary! Thank you for returning every year on your anniversary; it sounds like you truly make the most of each visit!
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and look forward to seeing you again next year for your anniversary (or maybe a visit in between!).

Mapleville, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I normally don't write reviews but I just recently spent a night here with my wife for our 14 year anniversary. The staff was very friendly and greeted us with big smiles. The room was the perfect size and there was a personal hot tub on the balcony. It was right on the beach and two blocks from all the shopping downtown. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple