“Right on the beach - Hot tubs”

SeaVenture Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Beautiful hotel right on the beach, rooms are spacious with large beds, fire, kitchen and hot tub on the balcony, just over the pier to the shops. we only stayed 1 night as we were moving up the coast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelbug1975_10
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear travelbug1975_10,
Thank you for taking the time to review us! Even though your stay was short, we are so honored you chose use as part of your coastal trip.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

Literally ON the beach on the south end of Pismo............nice $5 breakfast option. and some rooms have a jacuzzi on the balcony. Overpriced massuse on site and bicycle rentals make you wonder what the "resort fee" pays for...........friendly staff, nice rooms. and a rooftop resturant with lovely view and average food.......downtown Pismo just a 5 min walk north. and ATV beach just a 10 minute walk south

Room Tip: Reserve early for a room with a jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DJGREG,
Thank you for reviewing us after your recent stay! I'm glad you enjoyed our location, breakfast and rooms.
I'm sorry you felt the massage treatments and bicycle rental are overpriced. We feel they are fairly priced compared to other local hotels and similar facilities, but always appreciate the honest feedback of our guests.
Thank you for bringing up our facility fee. We are pleased to include with it complimentary covered parking, use of beach chairs and beach towels, daily newspaper, coffee available all day in the lobby and use of both board and beach games during your entire stay.
We hope your travels will bring you back to us in the future!

Reviewed 2 September 2014

My husband, teenage son and I stayed for one night as part of our USA road trip. I have mixed feelings about the hotel based on experience.
I had asked if there was any chance of a view when booking the room as I was celebrating my 40th birthday. On arrival, we found that we had been put in a back room with no view at all. The room was fine enough, but one of the reasons I had chosen to stay here was that it was on the beach. My husband went to ask if there were any sea view rooms and was told that there was - it would be $70 extra for the night, but we couldn't see the room to decide until 4pm as it was being cleaned. We were happy with this and waited to see the room. About an hour later we asked if the room was ready to look at and was told it would be ready at 4pm (it was 3.55pm!)
Surely we could have had quick look just to check if it was ok?
The room was finally ready and we decided to take it. The room was really lovely with fantastic views - a huge improvement on the first room.
We did not eat in the restaurant but ordered food to take away which was lovely and the bar staff were really friendly.
My biggest gripe about the hotel was after we had left. We paid with a travel card and I checked my account a couple of days later to find that there was a $90+ charge pending on the account from the hotel. I phoned the hotel to find out was this was for and found out that it was a deposit in case there were any incidentals. I had no problem with this, but had not been told about it at the point of check in.
Over a week later and the deposit had still not been refunded to my card and so I had to phone again- pretty expensive considering we live in the UK and I was using my mobile. I was informed that the duty manager was not available and I should leave a message. She would not, however, be able to phone me back and I would have to phone again should I want to speak to her.
The money was eventually refunded, but I feel the customer service needs to be improved at check in and it kind of spoiled our overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Shell C
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The SeaVenture is located right on the beach. The rooms are well appointed. There is a hot tub with each. The also have a roof top restaurant with good food. Excellent guest service. They have a service where they conduct weddings on the beach.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Immediately regretted booking in here for only one night. It is RIGHT ON THE BEACH, beautiful stretch of sand with a lovely sunset! Surprise of wine and cheese in our room on arrival - lovely touch! Room was really relaxing with an unusual but lovely layout - bed taking centre stage!
Resturant looks out to sea; lovely breads before ordering. Served by a local lad on uni holidays, really friendly and helpful; he ensured everything was enjoyed and when I mentioned that I felt that I was disappointed with my seafood, he ensured that a fresh plate was prepared for me immediately - it was delicious!
Breakfast was such a novelty!! Delivered to your room in big basket with cute picnic cloth covering all the dishes which were individually packed; it made breakfast fun, simply discovering what was hidden inside!!
Many thanks to all the staff for a lovely stay!!

Room Tip: Fireplace suite was lovely; I imagine the sea-view with hot-tub on the balcony to be amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M0iraMcG
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Decent hotel. Check in was fast and efficient. The front desk girls weren’t very friendly, as the other reviewers noted, but no biggie. Our room and bathroom were fairly smaller than normal hotels, but the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. We had a balcony with a hot tub which my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed! The location of the hotel is great, steps away from the beach, walking distance to the piers and restaurants.

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel for both happy hour and dinner and both were wonderful!! The staff in the restaurant are friendly and helpful and the food was sooo good. During happy hour, we had the cheese plate, bacon wrapped scallops, and shrimp cocktail, along with wine and beer at a fairly decent price. We came back for dinner later that night and I ordered the Scallops n Shrimp and added a lobster tail, while my boyfriend ordered the Vol-En-Vent. I enjoyed my lobster tail, but my the Vol-En-Vent was delicious!!! I wish I had ordered that instead.

The only really negative aspect of the hotel was that they had no AC. I know that being on the beach, there is a cool breeze most of the time, but we happened to be there on a hot summer day and our room was not facing the beach. Our room was soooooo hot, and the ceiling fan did nothing. I was really uncomfortable, especially at night sleeping and when trying to blow dry my hair after my shower. We called downstairs and asked if they had a fan, which they brought us promptly. The fan did help a little, but they really need to invest in AC for the rooms that do not face the water.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuzieQ154

Dear SuzieQ154,
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel and restaurant!
I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay; utilizing the balcony hot tub and our prime beachfront location.
Your compliments for the restaurant and food are so kind, and have been shared with all the staff and management at the hotel and restaurant.
I'm sorry to read that the temperature in the room wasn't comfortable for you. You are correct by stating most coastal residence and businesses don't have air conditioning; mainly because it is rarely needed. We strive the utmost comfort for our guests, and I'm sorry that we fell short.
We hope your travels bring your back to the SeaVenture again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went for happy hour the other day to the Sea Venutre Restaurant at the Sea Venture hotel. Located on the 3rd floor facing the beach the entire wall is made of windows, giving you the best beach view in Pismo. Great small plates Happy Hour deal, buy 2 get 1 free. Great food and great drinks, very well appointed wine list.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Fitf00die
Meghan H, Manager at SeaVenture Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Fitf00die,
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed the wonderful ocean views, the happy hour selection and our wine list. You are right, our floor to ceiling windows ensure every table in the restaurant have an ocean view! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.