1,190 results
All reviewsocean viewon site restaurantavila beachparking lottide poolswalking pathbeach accessfirst floorgreat viewcentral coastfire pitbalcony doorthe cliffwatch the sunsetcoffee makersan luis obispobed was very comfortable
Reviewed 15 March 2011

the room was great the fireplace the beautiful view. We really enjoyed the in room movies. it was quiet clean and spacious. can't wait to come back again for a little longer stay. we loved the walking path. we just loved our entire stay. coming from orange county we thought the price was also very good.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjflowers
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Our staff was pleased to hear about your positive experience at our Inn. We look forward to providing all of your hospitality needs in the future and welcome you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

Wine tasting brings me to the area at least once a year and I always stay at The Spyglass Inn. I have my favorite room that I ask for in advance and it's always clean and waiting for me when I arrive. More importantly, they are dog friendly so I'm able to bring my sidekick. The grounds along the cliffs in front of the Inn are beautiful with plenty of places to walk a dog. Plus, I've never had a bad meal at The Spyglass Inn restaurant. I'm already looking ahead to my visit next year!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank OCJulie
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Best hotel & value in Pismo Beach. Great restaurant and bar with spectacular views. Sea scallops and crab cakes might be the best we ever had. Clean and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bgsmart
Reviewed 26 January 2011

A bunch of us were meeting in the Central Coast Area for a special 3-day family occasion and checked with the Spyglass Inn for availability on 6 or 7 rooms. I had stayed there a couple of times before and had enjoyed my stay. They had the rooms available and offered us a special rate so we committed. Four of us arrived for two of the rooms and found that one of the rooms was a King, but we needed a room with 2 separate beds.

We were working with a desk clerk (Levi) to correct the error when another desk clerk (John) approached the desk and overheard our conversation. He immediately interrupted and asked if we were with the `special rate' party. I replied that we were and he shouts out that they were to do no favors for guests at that rate. It was a slightly embarrassing situation and we didn't want to make waves in fear of spoiling it for our other friends as they arrived so we accepted the room (figuring we would check again the next day hoping rude John wouldn't be around). When we got back to the car, we explained to my 83 year old mother that she would be in a room on the other side of the motel grounds and would have to share a bed with our friend. We told her we would try to change the situation the next morning and she took it in stride, being happy to just spend some time with the family on this special occasion.

We were able to get adjoining rooms the following morning and did enjoy time with the family, but will remember John's rude and demeaning attitude, thinking twice about Spyglass In ofor our next stay on the Central Coast.

BTW... Not only did our group utilize 7 (possibly unsold) rooms, our group and our local living friends and family ate breakfasts and dinner at their restaurant and patronized the bar.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2011

Our staff at the Spyglass Inn is dissapointed to hear of a bad experience with one of our staff members. Our guest service staff is one of our most complimented features of our establishment. We hope to be able to provide improved hospitality in the future. Every comment helps up improve on a day to day basis.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

great location, great room, super clean...friendly staff..no problems at all.. get an oceanview room.. its worth it

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple