Spyglass Inn
Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$189
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$212
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$156
Pismo Lighthouse
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$767
US$341
Preferred Hotels
US$218
US$212
Sandcastle Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$190
SeaVenture Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
Pismo Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsocean viewspy glassattached restauranton site restaurantwalking pathtide poolsparking lotbeach accessgreat viewavila beachsmall fridgecentral coastfirst floorwatch the sunsetthe cliffsan luis obispobed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a one night stop over on our way north up the coast. The rooms were dated, it is true, but the balcony on the second floor facing the ocean was great. Took a walk along the "promenade" and enjoyed watching the dress rehearsal for a wedding that was going to take place probably the next day. We had both dinner and breakfast at the adjoining restaurant, and the food was good. The staff both in the restaurant and at the front desk on checking in were polite, friendly and accommodating. I would consider another stop at the Spyglass if we were traveling in the area again.

Room Tip: Certainly go for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We drove here from Carmel making it an overnight stop before going on to LA. The room we were allocated was dark,dreary and dirty. A side sea view next to the bins and with freeway noise all night. No, we could not close the door as there was no air conditioning, only a huge noisy fan kept in the rather dirty closet.This motel is needing to be flattened and rebuilt. The only good point were the friendly staff in the restaurant and bar. Food acceptable, but we wondered why Trailfinders are recommending it. It is a very low star establishment.

Room Tip: A view of the Ocean might have helped but I don't think the bedrooms would have been any better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 187Barbara
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I appreciate your taking the time to comment on your stay at the Spyglass Inn. Our ocean view restaurant is one of our best assets. I can assure you that I and the staff are working together to make the necessary changes to ensure that these challenges do not happen again in the future.
Jim Guthrie
805-773-4855

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is great for a night. Room was clean but very dark (not unusual I know!) we had a sea view which is great. Very overpriced for what it was. Restuarant was friendly and food was ok! Stay for a night if you like but why not stay somewhere else cheaper and put money into a great steak meal or something else..better value

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lionel P
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you for your review of the Spyglass Inn. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally and discuss your recent stay with us. Please feel free to reach me at 805-773-4855

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Instead of fighting for a mediocre room during WOW (Week of Welcome) for Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, we decided to retreat to Pismo Beach so we could wake up to the beach. We booked a month in advance but when we woke up we regretted not having insisted on a room facing the ocean. The weather was clear and the walk along the beach glorious. The hotel was a good value although not very inspired in accommodations. The room was dark and the mattresses were not very comfortable. The pancakes were very doughy in the hotel restaurant - but the ambiance of sitting outdoors for that view rates the full experience 4 stars.

Room Tip: Face the beach, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 23 September 2013

rooms are outdated. Toilet in our room ran all night, popcorn ceiling had dirt all around the ceiling fan in my nieces room. Our room needed paint in various areas on the walls, where the paint or wallpaper was coming off. The bed was so-so.. overall I do not think it was anything to brag about and I've stayed at much much better quality hotels for 1/2 the cost and on the ocean as well. Restaurant is good though, but not really affiliated with hotel, different owners. Air conditioning in the rooms would be a suggestion, just because your on the ocean doesn't mean its going to be cool in your room. They say the hotel was recently renovated, but I don't see that.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. We strive to provide our guests with the best hospitality experience of any hotel in Pismo Beach. Please contact me directly so that I may address your concerns to your full satisfaction.