Spyglass Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Shore Cliff Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$234
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$212
Pismo Lighthouse Suites(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$144
Oxford Suites Pismo Beach(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$129
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$178
Cottage Inn by the Sea(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$414
US$341
Preferred Hotels
Sandcastle Inn(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$185
Hotwire.com
US$218
US$213
SeaVenture Beach Hotel(Pismo Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
TripAdvisor
All reviewsocean viewspy glassattached restauranton site restaurantwalking pathtide poolsparking lotbeach accessgreat viewavila beachsmall fridgecentral coastfirst floorwatch the sunsetthe cliffsan luis obispobed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for the first time , found the hotel very nice staff too very helpful room was clean plenty of towels, and nice view of the ocean, it was also close to Pismo, san luis Obispo, will stay here for sure on my travels...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank arthur s s
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

So I have stayed here about 6 times on business as I have a store near here and I prefer this place as it is quite , beach front , and the restaurant that is here offers a great breakfast for only 5.95 . Yes the rooms are out dated a tad but the beds are nice and for the price I can get over it... I would say with some new bedding a paint job and some lighting that's all it would need but it's not terrible .. Ok so every time I stay the staff has been very helpful and accommodating but the last time I went Justin was very rude , short worded and disrespectful to the point we had a full on argument at the front desk about something so minor ... But in respect to the hotel I gave them 4 stars cause every other time the staff is always so helpful and nice ... So pros : beach front , staff, quite and relaxing , restaurant, and accessibility. Cons : a tad out dated , bathrooms small, needs room service from the restaurant...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Socali1983
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is the 4th year I have stayed at the Spyglass for my birthday, and I think I can fully call it my tradition. I will be back next year. They are clean, clean. The beds are the best. They are affordable, close to stores, and great views. There is a climb to get to the beach, but I visit in November/December, so I don't spend a lot of time down on the beach, just on the cliffs. The front office staff, and especially the housekeeping staff are so friendly. I really adore this place.

Room Tip: MUST get a view room, 2nd floor. I love watching the sunset on backside. Be sure to get a view room, as there are many rooms that don't face ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a tired, featureless motel in the Bates mould, which is just off the highway. That convenience, and it's pleasant staff, are literally the only reasons to stay here. The room failed basic cleanliness standards (used chewing gum on the bedside table?), to the extent I was scared to look under the bed for fear of what I'd find. The bland restaurant wasn't worth staying at so we got some take-out from an excellent deli not far from the hotel. A rubbish night of sleep followed, but not for the guy next door, whose snoring I could clearly hear. We stayed on a driving holiday through California, and couldn't wait to get out the next morning, after paying the too-expensive bill. At least we weren't murdered by a psycho, which was nice. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dave K
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. My staff and I reviewed your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve the reported issues. In addition, we are reevaluating our inspection process to ensure these issues do not occur in the future. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to provide a better experience for our guests. Please contact me directly so I may address your concerns to your full satisfaction. –Jason Gentry Assistant General Manager 805-773-4855

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights as part of our travels in California. The hotel is quite basic, and old fashioned. However the staff were great particularly in the restaurant, where they were extremely helpful and the food was delicious. We had a lovely view over the ocean. For a couple of nights the hotel was good, and it's good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple