“Inner Quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Templeton, California
“Inner Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Going through radiation becomes stressful...frightening, facing the unknown. As I passed the Inn every day for my treatments, having lunch at the Spyglass Restaurant sometimes, I decided to treat myself to three nights. The staff was friendly, the room comfy and cozy, and the view of the ocean was so beautiful and calming. I didn't realize how much those three days of quiet beauty would help heal me and ease my way. My husband and I plan to return for a stay once I regain my health; and I am sure we will enjoy our stay even more. Everything you need is right there - lovely room, a view of the sea, access to the beach, a first-class bar and restaurant you can just stroll over to. And you could hear each individual wave as you drifted off to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor, maybe toward the center, for they have the best view from the slee...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We spent a couple days at the Spyglass Inn in Pismo Beach, Ca., during valentines week 2014. The room was very nice with a balcony that had a view of the ocean to die for. Sitting on the balcony, having a glass of wine with my sweet heart of 30 year, listening to sound of crashing waves under the light of a full moon, life could not be better. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful with all our needs. The food at the Spyglass Restaurant was surprising good. I want to give a shout out, on a good job, by our dinner waiter Josh and our breakfast waitress Kelley. They were both very friendly and good at their jobs. We look forward to staying at the Spyglass Inn again very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor with Ocean view and balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Paso Robles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at Spyglass Inn for over 30--years for business and pleasure. After retiring in 2009 I still make a point to stay at Spyglass when we travel. A great value, excellent customer service & staff. Jim & Jason the hotel managers are always there for your needs and make a point to accomodate you as best as they can. Great place and we can hardly wait to return for a stay!

Room Tip: I recommend the west facing building with ocean views. Down stairs have fireplaces with a patio and...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I would venture to say that this is one of the last affordable places to stay in Shell Beach with such an amazing view too! The rooms look like they have been recently updated and they all seem to come with a balcony or deck. Although we weren't promised an ocean view, we had one from our deck. What a pleasant surprise. The restaurant on site had great food. We ate there for every meal. Don't let the cliché, dated décor scare you away! The restaurant also had wonderful ocean views! There service was good too. Overall we had a great experience.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the parkinglot/pool area. I would request a room that looks out to the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rancho Mirage, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

When I drive north up California 101, which runs along the Pacific ocean and where I get marvelous ocean views and scenery, I love to stay at the Spyglass Inn in Pismo Beach. I have been going there for years and every room that I have stayed in there has had a marvelous view of the ocean which is only about 100 yards outside your balcony, which lets you hear the waves if you leave the door open. Or, if you want to get closer to the ocean, there is a path to walk, which is just above the sandy beach. I like the restaurant that is also on the grounds where you can eat inside or on the porch. Service in both the motel and the restaurant is very good. I also like that there is a well stocked wine store just a short walk from the motel. The clerks there will guide you to good cheap wine, or if you prefer, very good expensive wine for special occasions. Don't miss staying at the Spyglass Inn if you are going that way. For me and my family staying at the Spyglass Inn at Pismo Beach has become a wonderful tradition full of wonderful memories.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the second floor because the rooms are a little quieter and the view is best the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel has amazing views and a great location....However is dirty, dated, and not well cleaned. Check in was a breeze. But after looking around, I was disappointed and grossed out. I found left over hairs in the sheets, a lamp shade that was 1/2 stained w something spilled all over it, tons of dirt and debris underneath the bathroom sink, bedding that's was ripped and torn. If your gonna fork over the cash to stay at a hotel by the beach. .go somewhere else

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TellinDaTruth
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and we have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience. Please contact me directly so I may address your concerns to your full satisfaction. Jason Gentry 805-773-4855
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My hubby and I traveled there in November for our first getaway without our kids. It was EXACTLY what we needed. Our room was lovely, and the guest services people were incredibly accommodating. I had asked for an upgraded room when none appeared during booking, and they suggested the perfect room but allowed me to apply a web discount price that should not have been available. Then when I wanted to have wine delivered to my room upon arrival, they gladly walked across the street to buy it for me and had it waiting and perfectly arranged. We went on the wine tasting trip they recommended as well, and it was amazing. We dined in the restaurant for most meals, and the food was delicious and service spectacular. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms ALL have great views at a fraction of the price of the fancy resorts on either...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple