“Beautiful Views and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spyglass Inn

Spyglass Inn
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Fresno, California
“Beautiful Views and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My honey and I received a gift certificate for the Spyglass Inn Pismo Beach. Our first time and we will definately make it an annual trip now! The view from our Ocean View Suite, King size, w/ fireplace, and a patio was so fantastic! The room was very inviting, cozy, and clean. The best part was the patio where we sat to watch the sunset and sipped on champagne! Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly! Thank you for a memorable trip!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were attending a sport tournament in SLO, but wanted to stay by the ocean. The Spyglass is a quick 10-minute drive into downtown San Luis Obispo and offers much more eye candy. I loved the views, and easy access to walk along the bluffs and get to the beach. The room was very clean and comfortable. A bit noisy perhaps, but we weren't there to sleep. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor offer more privacy. Those facing the ocean are quieter and offer wonderful vi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Room was less than average but dogs yapping in the room next door was just too much and we had only been in the room 5 mins. Moved rooms where we could still hear the dogs and now had a baby screaming as well. Unfortunately had booked through expedia so it had already been paid and we couldn't get a refund but we knew we wouldn't get any sleep so we just had to lose the money and move on

2 Thank abelina
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. We strive to provide our guests with the best hospitality experience of any hotel in Pismo Beach. Please contact me directly so that I may address your concerns to your full satisfaction. Jason Gentry 805-773-4855
San Diego Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We visit the Pismo Beach area several times a year and have stayed at the Spyglass Inn on a number of occasions. There are many hotel choices in this area and we have returned to Spyglass because of their reasonable prices, pet-friendly policy and unbeatable views. We always stay in the ocean-front rooms -- I would not recommend staying in the back building behind the pool, or even the side building, because you won't get that beach-front experience. The hotel is perched on a bluff above the beach. There are beautiful gardens adjacent to the bluffs and views that stretch for miles. You can hear the waves breaking on the beach at night and it's quiet and peaceful there. There is also a restaurant on site with spectacular views as well. There is easy access to the beach (down a flight of stairs) if you take a five-minute walk past the other hotels just north of Spyglass. We love bringing our dogs there because they are allowed on the beach also -- which adds to the fun. This is not a five star or even four star property or restaurant by any means but it is comfortable, clean and in a great location.

2 Thank SavvySojourns
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
I would like to personally thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I truly appreciate the time that you took to let us know that we provided great service during your visit.
I am happy that we exceeded your overall expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

If you desire a room with a view without breaking the bank then the Spyglass Inn is just the ticket. Just sit on your patio or balcony in one of the ocean-facing rooms with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening and enjoy the beautiful 180% expanse laid out before you. The rooms are nicely furnished and clean. The staff is attentive and the adjacent restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a cocktail and meal while you watch the sunset. Follow the paved cliff path to the north end and you will find steps to the beach below where you can take a long walk at low tide. The garden along the cliff path is beautiful and well kept. But, it is all about the view. My wife and I throughly enjoyed our stay while celebrating our anniversary.

Room Tip: It is all about the view! Request an oceanside, 2nd story balcony room. It is well worth the littl...
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our favorite place on the Central Coast. The views from the ocean-facing rooms are pure joy. My husband and I sit on the little patio and soak in the charming gardens and broad expanse of sea beyond. In fact, we can sit inside -- even prop up on the bed -- and gaze to our hearts' delight. The rooms are attractively furnished and clean, clean, clean. The staff is always pleasant and attentive. This is not the place to take older kids who may want a water-park style pool (the one here is perfectly adequate, but nothing special), but the ideal place to take little ones or for a romantic getaway. Lots of bluff-tops walks nearby and a quick drive to San Luis Obispo. DePalo and Sons, across the street, has a fine wine selection.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean-view room. The ones on the ground floor have fireplaces; the second floor offers ba...
Templeton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Going through radiation becomes stressful...frightening, facing the unknown. As I passed the Inn every day for my treatments, having lunch at the Spyglass Restaurant sometimes, I decided to treat myself to three nights. The staff was friendly, the room comfy and cozy, and the view of the ocean was so beautiful and calming. I didn't realize how much those three days of quiet beauty would help heal me and ease my way. My husband and I plan to return for a stay once I regain my health; and I am sure we will enjoy our stay even more. Everything you need is right there - lovely room, a view of the sea, access to the beach, a first-class bar and restaurant you can just stroll over to. And you could hear each individual wave as you drifted off to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor, maybe toward the center, for they have the best view from the slee...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo