1,190 results
All reviewsocean viewon site restaurantavila beachparking lottide poolswalking pathbeach accessfirst floorgreat viewcentral coastfire pitbalcony doorthe cliffwatch the sunsetcoffee makersan luis obispobed was very comfortable
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I could honestly say this is one of the better hotels I've stayed at and a very memorable trip as well. We had an amazing room on the first floor over looking the ocean. The room was filled with towels and amazing bath products. My boyfriend ended up taking me down on the beach and proposing to me after 4 years of being together! It was an amazing few days and we will definitely be returning. The only thing I wish to be improved on the hotels part would be to provide air conditioning for the guests and not just the employees. The restaurant was awesome and since it was my birthday they gave me a free piece of cake. It was such an enjoyable experience!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Spyglass Inn. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view and were able to take advantage of the great oceanfront restaurant that is located right on property. We hope to see you again in the future and congratulations!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really did not spend my vacation sitting in the room or by the pool,But when I do it's always good to be here at the Spyglass Inn.Great location to the beach (not crowded) and across the street great Deli food available to 2200 pm and the ride to Avila beach is close and on the way stop at the working farm for some great farm fresh produce to snack on.And if your there stop at the old port and eat at Fat Cat's all in the area.

Room Tip: There's ocean view room's if you plan to sit in your room and there's pool view room's if you have kid's to watch
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe L

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of the great local restaurants including one of our favorites, the Avila Valley Barn! We will look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Pismo Beach.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

For a rate of $251 per night I wouldn't expect an ocean view room. That said I would expect a gracious and courteous welcome to the property. Please lower your expectations. If you would like a property that is slightly above a Motel 6, coupled with a staff that should not be in the hospitality business, this is the property for you. The check in was robotic and compliant with no personal connection or welcome. What a miss. There are so many great hotels in Pismo Beach, and for your consideration, I would recommend Dolphin or Cliff. Regardless of your decision, shy away from the Spyglass,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank MAE126

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all guest comments that help us improve our overall service. Clearly we failed in meeting your expectations during your stay. We have discussed your comments with our staff and we will strive to make sure a similar experience does not happen again. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you so that I may personally address them to your full satisfaction. Please contact me at your convenience. Thank you Jason Gentry 805-773-4855

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic views. Lobby staff, serving staff (restaurant) and maides very efficient and friendly. We ate three times - one evening and two breakfasts and food was really good and generous.
Now the negatives. Building is bad design - stairs and no lift. Front of house at restaurant rude and inefficient - lost one of our bookings. Pool is small and not the cleanest - large quantity of sand in pool and hot tub.
Our room needed decorating - very tired. Also there was a very thin connecting door so we could hear everything our neighbours said. That made it less awkward when we bumped into each other on the balcony, however, as we felt like we knew each other. Big issue - no air conditioning which means you HAVE to leave the balcony door open at night, which feels insecure.
Location is not great if you wish to visit Pismo or eat elsewhere. The hotel (motel really) is just off the highway and there is nothing in walking distance.
So many positives but the management of hotel and restaurant let the rest of the staff down. Hence the somewhat crude title to this review. Without the helpful attitude of the workers this would be a 1 star review.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank trecynon
JgentrySpy, Manager at Spyglass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

We are so sorry that we didn't meet your expectations during your recent visit. Please know that we will be remodeling all of our rooms this fall and would love to have you back. Please contact me directly so I may discuss your stay even further and resolve it to your complete satisfaction. Jason Gentry 805-773-4855.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am tempted to give a 2 star review, but the hotel manager was more than fair with me when I expressed my disappointment. The room was very nice with (my favorite) Philosophy bath products. I just could not get past the lack of A/C. It was completely uncomfortable & soured the whole experience. For the price point, these rooms SHOULD have central A/C & heat. As a previous reviewer noted, there WAS an A/C unit running in an office area. This was frustrating to see when I (the guest!) had suffered through a very hot & stuffy night in our room. Having said that, I would definitely come back in the winter months. It is an awesome location & the ocean view rooms look truly breathtaking. We also really enjoyed the restaurant... Great view & very kid friendly.

Room Tip: Do not stay here in the warm summer months!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family