Spent two nights here with my husband and our dogs. Let me start with the pros. Free wifi, free parking. Always great. You are right above the beach, the landscaping is nice, and their room fee for dogs is exceptional. That's the main reason I'm giving it three stars. I don't want to indicate that it's a horrible place, it's just nothing special. The 'ocean view' rooms have a walkway in front of them, so there's definitely no peaceful privacy. The rooms themselves are just okay, too cramped, a weird shape, and needs rehabbing, though clean for pet rooms. My husband said it was one of the worst hotel beds he's slept in (I wasn't as critical, it was average for me). It would have been nice to keep the windows open with the ocean breeze, but again, the privacy thing.
The staff was a mixed bag, generally friendly, but not totally informative. We road tripped to paso for wine tasting, and they didn't have any maps or info (or the person we talked to didn't know where they were)
We didn't have the breakfast, so I can't say anything about how good or bad it is.
My only complaint with the beach is the stairs. This is not the hotel's fault, as it isn't on their property, but be aware if this is important to you. They are somewhat rickety in spots, and my husband actually slipped once. We young (okay, ish!) and fit, so if you are older or not easy on your feet, forget beach access (you can drive a mile to town and access it from the pier)
Overall, if you are traveling without pets, I would say head further north to Cambria, or try on of the other options. It's fine if you are passing through for a night with your dog.
Pismo Beach is a typical 'surf town' with requisite seediness, and some charm. Definitely do try the clam chowder at splash cafe. I'm not a clam chowder fan, and I can't stop wishing for someone to fed ex me a bowl!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We promise you a good night’s sleep, but we warn you there’s so much to do nearby, you may not want to sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cottage Inn by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Inn By The Sea Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cottage Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cottage Hotel By The Sea
- Cottage Inn Pismo Beach