“Great all the time”

Mei's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 109 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Been going here for many years. This is a great place to try if you have never been I would rrecommend it.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

From first glance, one would not expect to find such great food in such a small, obscure restaurant. Not much to look at from the outside, but the old adage "don't judge a book by its cover" could never be more true!

It's a local's favorite and every time I have out-of-town company, this is where I take them. My parents, who live in a big city with plenty of Chinese restaurants, always ask for me to take them to Mei's. Mom always says, "I wish we had a Mei's".

A must have is the Walnut Shrimp in Sweet Sauce!

It can be crowded as the interior is small... They don't deliver, but take-out is always an option. You won't be disappointed !

1  Thank scottp423
Reviewed 13 January 2013

its not the best chinese food ever, just the best on the central coast... which is pretty terrible. anywhere else id give it 3 of 5 stars, but here its 5 of 5.

1  Thank roamerwanderernomad
Reviewed 22 September 2012

They say these are the best kind of places. Usually I agree. My in-laws swear by it. I found it decent but not amazing. I wouldn't discourage you from giving it a try. You might be like my in-laws.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

the food was good, hats off to the cooks!!! now the sever lady was rude and just plain mean. i was seriously uncomfortable asking for chops sticks.