“Looking for vegan food?”
Review of Tio Alberto's - CLOSED

Tio Alberto's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Santa Cruz, California
“Looking for vegan food?”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I had an excellent vegan taco at Tio Alberto's. It was just the right amount of spicie and one taco was enough for a meal. They handmake their own fresh corn tortillas there. I wish I had found this place earlier in my stay at Pismo, I will diffinately go back .

Visited November 2011
1 Thank KathyH_222

“Awful service”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The young female cashier that took our orders was completely rude from the time we came in the restaurant it was our first time there and when we asked what kind of drinks they had she pointed at them behind her and when we were served we were served on paper plates when everyone else had glass plates. There were no chips and salsa offered and all the condiments and paper napkins were pointed out as well... And the cups that held our drinks was covered with ice... Never eating there again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great traditional Mexican with vegan and raw options, and great juices”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We found this restaurant by chance and were thrilled!!! Being vegan, we have had our share of bad and expensive dining experiences. This little restaurant gets it right! Tio's food keeps all the good of Mexican (salsa's refried beans, hand-made Sope's and warm tortillas), while allowing those of us not wanting to partake in animal consumption (or resultant climate destruction), the options of great food without dairy/meat.

He also had some great fresh juices and raw almond cheese.

Otherwise, it was a traditional taqueria - meat was there to be had by all who wanted it. My only criticism was the use of styrofoam for To-Go orders.

We highly recommend this place!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank SofarKitty
Grover Beach, California
“So much good comida!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

well what can i say? great burritos with choice of black beans or pinto. delicious sopes,large homemade and one is enough. Huge nachos, chicken verde... muy bueno. and on Sundays, great Menudo, we have tried several places, and it is by far the best so far. They also serve fresh nutritious fruit smoothies. Nice clean and friendly cooks. Not open on Saturdays, Big food at a great price by the beach.

Oceanside, California
“Worst place to eat, cook at home!”
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Sorry to say but this place was terrible totaly sucked!! First the lady who took our order did not know what she was doing, when we ordered, the cook looked stumped as well!! They both looked at the menu in aww as to what our order was. It was simple, two combo plates. The "cook" warmed our rice in a microwave, I ordered a chili reno, and the other person, carne asada, no fresh chips and salsa offered and the horchata pure syrup,, I think they forgot to mix the water with it.The price, expensive! We asked the lady who rang us up for a reciept. it did not come out the same as I payed.Off by $5.00 or so. Asked her why and she could not explain it to us. Needles to say we ate hard micro rice,warm food and did not finish and left for argument sake , I did not ask for my money back , we should of left as soon as we saw they did not know what they were doing. I am latina and know what mexican food should be like. I should of brought my own rice and enchiladas I left at home and warmed it up in the hotel microwave!! What a shame, I read reviews for this place and am very disapointed.