“Diner food with mistakes thrown in for good measure”
Review of Chele's Food & Spirits - CLOSED

Chele's Food & Spirits
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Chele's is a diner across the street from another restaurant called "Splash". Splash had a line out the door, so we opted for Chele's. We should've waited in line.

Our breakfast was standard diner fare, very bland. My Denver omelette came out as a bacon omelette, but I didn't want to send it back. My friend's food didn't arrive because someone made a mistake. 20 minutes later when his food did arrive (just as I was finishing my breakfast), the server said "I hope it's not cold". Nice. It wasn't cold, but apparently it was just as bland.

The only reason it gets two stars instead of one is because it is right across from the pier, so it is convenient. That's all.

Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

We walked in and the person who seated us wasn't very nice it appeared he was in a bad mood. The clam chowder tasted like it came from a can. The prices were too expensive for the poor quality of food that we received. The man who I'm assuming was the owner just wasn't very friendly. The waitress tried her best to help us. I just don't think we will be back. We were all disappointed in the overal experience and especially the food.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Was in Pismo Beach on a Friday night, looking for a simple place close to the pier. There is nothing wrong with the food per se, but nothing right either. We ordered a Burger, Clam Chowder, and Potato Skins. The burger was clearly a pre-packaged pattie, like you would buy from the freezer section as Costco or Walmart. the Menu claimed the Clam Chowder was made their, but tasted bland, the equivalent of something you'd get out of a can. Even the potato skins were fairly flavorless. Prices a very reasonable though for a touristy area. I would only go here again if I need a quick bite and all the other places around had a long wait.

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I visited this establishment in april 2013 I notice something on my reciept that wasn't correct when brought to the waitress attention she called herself getting loud,rude and just stupid. I had to get the manager, she was still being loud and rude the manager basically had to tell her to shut up! Even the at the register she(salena) was still running her mouth, she even went to another customers table running her mouth about the situation. What it all boiled down to was poor customer service and for that u gets no tip! & the food wasnt all that my fries weren't done all he way and my daughter and granddaughter vomited afterwards and her boyfriend had stomach ache

Reviewed 23 April 2013

food was ok. lady tried charging me for her tip on my bill. so obviously she been getting everyone else tab. so watch out.. manager was a cool guy..