“Good Indian?”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Indian?”
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Been looking around for a good Indian food for ages now, heard good things about this place so decided to check it out. We had butter chicken, chicken tikka masala, beef nihari and cheese & garlic naan cost was almost $50 which I thought was steep. The restaurant has a banquet hall connected to it, there was a celebration going on with really loud Indian music playing, you might want to check ahead for events if you plan to eat in cause you won't be able to hear yourself think. Service was good, lady was very helpful, all dishes were served either mild, med or hot, we got two hot and one mild. Ate the mild tikka masala it was too tomatoey flavored with a mild spice, I give it a 6/10, the hot butter chicken was disappointing, overpowering ginger taste and was not remotely spicy plus miserable serving size, I give it a 3/10, the beef nihari (described as a beef stew) was actually more like pot roast beef with an oily sauce on it, tasted nice but not spicy as promised, I give it a 6/10. Both garlic and cheese naan were tasteless and dry. I took a take home menu with me and just noticed crossed out it said "all entrees served with white rice or naan bread" now they charge extra for both. I don't think I'd get take out from there again, the food is just ok and the price is high for the small portions, however they do a lunch buffet every day I think it's $8 on week days and $12 on weekends, includes selection of dishes, naans, rice and drink which is reasonable.

Menifee, California
“A little quirky but very good food.”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

A couple of business associates and I found our self in the Pittsburg of the west for the evening and hungry for some Indian food. We found Mehran Restaurant on-line and most of the reviews talked about the lunch buffet. We thought we would give it a shot. There was one couple in the restaurant when we entered and only one person waiting tables. She was a New York transplant and was pleasant and chatty. We heard about the restaurant and a little about her family. She gave us some advice and we ordered three varieties of Masala and a healthy portion of Garlic Naan. The food was fantastic. There are three levels of spice and the two of us who like spice thought we may have wanted to go for the top level but the middle one had a nice heat to it. We tried the Indian beer with the meal. It was a little eerie being the only people in the restaurant but it was a good value and we loved the food.

• Visited September 2012
Bay Area, CA
“Great Lunch Buffett”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

They have a great lunch buffet with hot food, good variety for under $10

Visited January 2012
1 Thank MrSpike55
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden treasure in Pittsburg”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I must say I love having lunch here. Food is incredibly delicious and the variety of meat and vegetarian dishes are plentiful. If you have never tried Indian food, this is a must try. The owner and his staff are friendly. Right now the lunch buffet is $7.99 can't beat that for a delicious meal!

1 Thank smrosario
Berkeley, California
“great indian/pakistani food in a surprise location.”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I don't want to gush over Mehran, but in a wilderness of fast food joints and middling taquerias its an amazing oasis. Located in a rundown strip mall, it offers a lunch buffet that trounces the indian offerings in Berkeley and SF. Good collection of goat, vegetarian, chicken and even beef dishes, free nan with buffet it's great Indian food at McD prices. The suburban tract home-like interior , while not my taste, is clean, the sign of a restauranteur who cares. We stumbled on this place when we had to keep a boat in Pittsburgh for a month, now i come back anytime i'm driving thru on route 4.

1 Thank orizu