“Average”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This Restaurant is a classic in Pittsburg. The food is still very good, the atmosphere is always crowded and noisy. Great for catering. The owner is a wonderful contributor to the Community!

There are newer reviews for New Mecca Cafe

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The food here is delicious with plenty of choices from mild to very hot. It is not close to where we live, but it is worth the effort to make the drive. The service is quick, attentive and courteous. The New Mecca also offers catered meals that are a treat for special occasions.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Nothing special . not as authentic as I would like but filling . I orders a combo plate and for the flavors were there . I have had them catered before and they did a real good job . I guess you need to know what to order.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Dropped in for lunch. I knew right away that some thing was different.
The place inside and outside was almost full on a Saturday afternoon.
Ordered a small enchilada plate and my wife ordered a appetizer. Food came out real fast and hot. I got half way through my plate and I was full. HOWEVER, it was so good that I kept going
and cleaned my plate. My stomach hurt. Half guilt and half being stuffed.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Apparently this place is pretty well known from Oakland to Stockton. I first ate here in their "old" place, next door to the new location. I think the food is the same quality in the new store, but in the old place that looked like a real greasy spoon from the 60's, the food was surprisingly GREAT. The new location is nicer, roomier and the food is still good and a great value. I think the raised the prices a little to pay for the new digs.