“Like a little apartment!”

Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Chandler, Arizona
“Like a little apartment!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband, son, and I stayed here for two nights for the Fullerton Regional baseball tournament. The Residence Inn was only 5-7 mins from Cal State Fullerton. We had the two bedroom loft style room - it was GREAT. Tons of room. A queen w/ its own bathroom upstairs and two queens w/ its own bathroom downstairs. Also, there is a full sized kitchen [fridge, sink, cabinets, stove, oven], and a living area that has another pull out sofa, and even a table that seats four. The included breakfast buffet was hot - eggs, pancakes, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, pastries, juices/coffe, etc. Just a few tips: Bring conditioner because there is only shampoo in the bathrooms, the pillows aren't that great, and expect the breakfast area to be crowded because it is a bit small. Oh yea - FREE wireless :). Would definitely stay here again. Could it use some updating? Sure. But who cares? Overall, a good value for your money.

Eating: In downtown Fullerton we tried Broadway burger which was very good, and Pieology, a pizza place where you can make your own pizza with as many toppings as you want for ~8$. They have gluten free crust too in case you have that dietary restriction.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AZTrackMom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I and my co-worker stayed at this hotel on business trip to California. We both had to stay in one room so at first, we were not happy about it but then we learned that the room have sofa with bed that comes out. Well, we can then sleep in one room since we both are guys.
The room was clean and have kitchen with everything you need on a small vacation. The carpet was clean enough for me to walk around my bare feet. They have food for breakfast and dinner time. Some days they will put our some beer and vine. Not that I drink but if I was, I’ll be enjoying a free beers!

The front desk counter crew was friendly and helpful. Like the business center. Easy to use and print reports. The breakfast area was clean and have big screen TV.

This is a hotel to use more than one time if need to be…

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Super8cedarcity
England UK
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Overall an average Residence Inn but still good. We arrived early and were given a room straight away, which is always nice. It was an upstairs studio suite in block two and fairly clean. The room itself was looking a little worn and could have done with a deep clean. We were not the closest to the freeway but it was still fairly noisy at night so you need to be careful where you are located. The evening reception, with wine and beer, and breakfast were fine and reasonable standard. Staff were generally ok but not excellent. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the freeway was a quiet night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Indio, California
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I recentley stayed at this hotel for 3 days. My family and I have stayed at this probably more than 7 times. Ramona who is one of the ladys that works in the kitchen in the morning for breakfast and afternoon for the social hour is always really friendley. she always remembers me and my family. i always see her talking to other guest and laughing. The breakfast is very delicious and has great items to choose from like waffles, cereal, scramble eggs, sausage, burruito, canadian bacon, bacon, croisant, different types of breads. as for the light social hour i saw they had taco night, spaggetti night and slidder night with beer and wine and ofcourse soda and water. The room was cleaned i love that it had a king bed, sofa bed, and full kitchen. The sofa bed was not comfortable at all it loooked really old and used so we ended up sharing our bed with our 9 year old daughter it wasn't what we were planning but we couldn't let our daughter sleep on that. What i ddin't like is that there was only 1 bottle of shampoo and conditioner and 1 toilet paper. i don't really like calling housekeeping to bring stuff to our room. in this case having to go to front desk to get some items. my husband loves to take showers in the middle of the night so this was a problem. my daughter has really long hair she actually used almost the whole bottle of shampoo and conditioner. Yes you can say i can bring my own stuff but who wnats to travel with that and have the problem of the shampoo leaking in your luggage. The furniture did have alot of scratches on it. Either they need to paint them, replace them or do some touch up. i'm not the kind of person that stays in the villa so that didnt really bother me i'm just putting it out there so if they read this they can fix it because you never know if there would be an actual person that does get bother by it. Another thing we didn't like is the pool isn't heated at all and there isn't any jaccuzzi they ended up putting fire pits. I wouldn't care if the jacuzzi wasn't there except since the pool isn't heated we couldn't even enjoy the pool at all that was a big dissapointed. We love to stay here since its only 10 minutes away from disneyland. This is the first time we encounter this problems. our styas here are usually great. Bottom line i think we would stay here again and check the bathroom amenitys and beds before we unpack and maybe talk to the front desk about heating the pools. The front desk was really friendley too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed inthis hotel for two days and found it really nice. Our room came witj a queen size bed, kitchen and spacious bathroom. It was convenient for our familly with 3 young kids. The breakfast crew was very nice and helpful. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon tisha T
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The room I stayed in was one of the best I've been in for a Residence Inn. It may have been recently renovated. The lobby was also nice with a good breakfast service. I had to get on the road early, and they even had a cold breakfast set up very early for people that needed to get out . The fitness room was a little disappointing. They had a few cardio machines and not really any weights. However, there is a modest gym two blocks away. Check with the front desk on getting passes to this gym.

The location is pretty good. You can quickly get on the 57 freeway which gives you easy access to places in Orange County and Los Angeles. Disneyland is only about 15-20 minutes away by car. The only criticism I have about the location is that it may be too close to the freeway and the train tracks. I could hear the freeway traffic and the trains at night. The hotel is located in an industrial area. So, there isn't much within walking distance. Make sure you have some transportation.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room in the opposite corner from the freeway and the train tracks.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RedondoSurferDude
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We were in town for a funeral. My husband and I, and two of my sons and their wives and my teenage son were in our group. We were able to stay in one of their loft suites that included 3 queen beds and a sofa bed. It had a full kitchen and a separate bedroom in the loft with it's own bathroom. We were all able to stay comfortably in one room. It was more like a small condo than a hotel room. The breakfast had a pretty good variety too.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingal060
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton? Share your experiences!