“Great value, clean, rennovated in Sept. 2009, excellent family hotel, and a short drive to Disneyland.”

Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids (3 yrs + 2 months) in February 2010. It was a family trip to take my son to Disneyland and I needed something relatively close, clean, and a kitchen.

Thanks to reviewers on Tripadvisor, I found out that the hotel was completely updated in Sept. 2009. I used to travel allot for business and am accustomed to staying in both 4 and 5-star hotels. Given that, I was a little concerned with staying at the Residence Inn. It DID NOT disappoint.

While the hotel is probably a 3.5 star hotel, it's very clean, the service is good, and they even offer a complimentary breakfast (inclusive of eggs, bacon, and waffles!)

The sofa converts into a sofa bed. While it's not ideal for an adult, a young child will find it plenty comfortable. I say it's not ideal for an adult because the mattress is thin (roughly 3-4") and an adult may find it a little soft.

The kitchen is fully equipped with a full-size fridge, electric range, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. The television, which we barely used is a nice LG flat panel. The King size bed was incredibly comfortable.

When I come down to the area again, there's no doubt where I'll be staying.

Note: The walls are somewhat thin, so hopefully you have quiet neighbors. This is also a pet-friendly hotel, so if you're allergic make sure you mention that you prefer not to be in the wing they normally put families with pets.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank HKTG21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hawaii
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We stayed here for our annual Disneyland trip and we were very happy with it. The room was great for us (Bi-level loft, 3 adults and 1 child) we loved everything about it (Spacious and clean). Housekeeping was fabulous. Front dest staff was always pleasant and more than helpful. Continental breakfast was awesome (the dining area can get a bit crowded). You may hear the distant sound of trains in the night if you are a light sleeper but it really did not bother us. We will definately be back to this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 19 January 2010

This was our first time staying at a Residence Inn, and I'm so happy we found it! We had a bi-level loft suite. Very roomy with a full kitchen and supplies. Two full bathrooms, fireplace, living room area, dining room and computer area, then at night it converts into a Murphy bed which was very comfy. We had two flat screens TVs, upstairs and downstairs. It was very quite, very relaxing and it just made our little trip a little slice of heaven.

In the mornings they serve a free breakfast. It's very good. They have a swimming pool, jacquizzi, BBQ grill and plenty of lounge chairs. They also have a combonation volleyball/basketball court. Laundry room and in the lobby they have a 24 hour little market. Very convenient.

Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Cali
Reviewed 15 January 2010

My hubby and I had a funeral to attend in the southern California area, so I booked a 3 star room on Priceline for $45 a night. I have never stayed at a Ressidence Inn before, so I didn't know what to expect. We arrived around 5 on a Tues. evening and check-in was a breeze. Mon-Wed. they have a lite dinner in the dinning area, but we had already eaten. Our room was in the back next to the highway, but the noice wasn't bad at all. I was very impressed! Our room had a full kitchen with modern appliances and the everything you might need (plates, flatware, glasses, even cloth napkins!!). It had granite counter tops, tile floors, nice lighting. The room was large, with sofa, chair and coffee table, and large, flat screen T.V. The bathroom area wasn't anything special, but all was clean and the tub was larger than most I've stayed in. The bed was very comfy, and we slept well. They have a GREAT breakfast with biscuts and gravy, oatmeal, eggs, waffles and much more. Check out was easy. I only had one problem with the room--the coffee table wasn't clean. It had dried milk on it and looked kinda gross. We didn't eat in the room, so I didn't complain. It was a small thing, and I would stay here again!! Our "overall" stay was wonderful!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roadgirl999
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We stayed here while in town for the Long Beach Grand Prix. Yes, it's quite far from LongBeach, but we had to pick people up in Anaheim on the way down there. We had a room with a loft and 2 baths that slept six. The value was excellent, considering that the parking, internet and hot breakfast were all free. We also got a $25 Exxon gift card for each night we stayed (booked through Marriott). The buildings were a little older, but the bedding and furniture was typical of all Marriott properties. I like the Residence Inns because I like the convenience of the full kitchen...especially when you are staying for more than a day or two. We didn't do anything in the area, so my review just pretty much lets you know that the hotel is just fine!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Antioch
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I can stay at any Marriotts Hotels, Residence Inns or Fairfield Inns and know that i will get the best attention, service and comfortness.

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
wellington
Reviewed 25 November 2009

I stayed at the Residence in for 3 weeks in October/November. This was my 3rd stay. In my past visits, I found the self-contained rooms quite comfortable, but getting tired. This visit, my suite (with loft) had just been modernised and upgraded. It was beautiful and fresh. There were flat screen TVs in the livingroom, master bedroom and loft bedroom. The staff accommodated my desire for unrushed mornings and did all the cleaning when I was out in the afternoon. All in all it was a perfect stay and very, very good value. I love this place.

• Stayed October 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton? Share your experiences!