“BEST SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
San Diego, United States
“BEST SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

On a short notice comming from Universal Studios I booked at this hotel. Upon arrival their staff was extremly friendly. Room was was okay, but could hear the showers from everyone else. The best expierence was the breakfast! My family and myself was treated as if we were at home. The staff treated us as their own. I wanted to thank them and look forward to going back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel was super nice, but in a very industrial area. Not much around it. (Tom's Place was a great eat though). However, booked this through priceline (Specific bed choice) and when arrived, the wrong room was booked. Had to pay for an extra room the first 2 nights. The last 6 nights we were given correct room but had to pay $35/night upgrade fee. So we ended up between those charges paying DOUBLE for what we originally paid. The hotel put a double hold on our card as well. We now had hardly any money left for our spending for our vacation.
When we approached the hotel about all of these, everything was Priceline or "our bank's" fault. I would have believed it except the last morning 3 guests in front of me also complained about charges on their cards.
Finally, at checkout I was refused a printed receipt for the upgrade fees and extra room, being promised it would be emailed to me (so I could get a refund from Priceline because supposedly it was their fault I had the wrong room). I never received the email. I spent a week calling the manager asking for it, gave several email addresses, always checked my SPAM folders, even gave fax numbers. I never received it.
Finally went to corporate and they had to work on it with me daily for another week to finally get me all of the receipts.
With all of this I was never offered any compensation for the hassle.
I am a travel blogger and love to find budget stays for those traveling to places like Disneyland so I was hopeful to be able to recommend this hotel, but as nice as the hotel was, the financial issues, and a manager who was unwilling to provide something as simple as a receipt, has made me decide that I will have to caution my readers to avoid Best Western Hotels, especially this one.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are nice, if they actually hold this room for you. We booked a junior suite but were g...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BeccaR1301
las vegas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great staff and rooms for the price, Great location, nice breakfast , will certainly stay there again and again. Look forward to it. All were very helpful including the manager Thanks Again for the great customer care and concern shown

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great staff and nice, clean and comfortable rooms. Spent 3 nights and really enjoyed it. Only draw back was the powdered eggs at breakfast. The lady in the breakfast room went above and beyond in helping with breakfast however. Staff was very helpful at all times.

Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I and my family went to the Disneyland Resort for two days and we stayed at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel for two nights. We thought that being rated a 3 star Best Western Plus and with the good reviews that we would have a really great stay. But, the carpet in our room was so dirty that we did not take off our socks the whole time we had to walk on the carpet. The bottom of my white socks were totally blackened. I'm not kidding! Also, the hall carpet looked as dirty as the carpet in our room. There was stuff on the carpet that we passed by in the hall that was never vacuumed up. You may ask why we stayed in the same room for 2 nights when the carpet was so bad. Well, the room was paid for in advance and also, when we got back to the room after a long day at Disneyland we were just to tried to make a big deal about it. The front desk staff were a little strange. The night guy left a hand written note on the desk saying that he was out doing a security check, so there was no one to speak to for over an hour the first night we were there, so I just gave up trying. There were not enough towels and wash clothes for us, so the next morning I went to try and get some more. The girl at the front desk said that House Keeping was not open yet and she didn't know what to do. Then she said something under her breath about, well maybe she could give us some of the better ones. She took some much nicer towels from a large plastic box behind the desk. Well, that night when we got back there was a little sign on our bed and several in the bathroom saying that we needed to use and reuse the towels we had, to save water. Please, how about save them money is more like it. The Hot (if you can call it that) Breakfast was just bad! Anna the lady that takes care of the Breakfast was the nicest and hardest working person in the place. It isn't her fault that the Breakfast is so third rate. We feel that the place is just managed very cheaply and badly. No I have read some of the commits that the manager has written back about the bad reviews that I have seen about this hotel and she never really states that there is a problem and that they will take care of them. She just does her best to put a positive spin on everything bad anyone says about the place. The out side of the hotel looks well enough, but it is in a bad area. We will never stay there again. Also, it is not that close to Disneyland Resort. Even with everything else wrong we would have given the hotel a better rating if the carpet had been clean.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Really_Ticked
Las Vegas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I would say that if you want to stay in a hotel that's convenient, this would be the one. It's not too far from anything really. A short freeway ride from here and there. We really like this hotel, the night staff are really GREAT and AWESOME. But they do not have any housekeeping in the evening and you would have to pick up your own supplies that you need from the front desk. Only complaint about the room is that the beds are a bit lumpy and TOO HIGH. It's as if you would to get a running start before you can get on it. The staff in the evening, as I've said, are really great. But the day staff, not so much. The front desk clerks are never helpful about anything. I asked for some water and she said there's a fountain in the workout room and turned around and didn't say another word to me. I didn't have my key at the time as we were loading our car so obviously I wouldn't have asked if I could have just got in my room. It was just very standoffish and a bit rude. But the ladies who are running the continental breakfast are such a joy. They offered waffles and refilled food as fast as they can. Just wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Gladstone, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were treated with respect and our requests were met. Very clean and quiet hotel. Very comfortable. Beautifully decorated. Excellent food. When we go back we would prefer to stay in this hotel because we felt safe and comfortable there.

1 Thank Nanette G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
BEST WESTERN Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Orange County Hotel? Share your experiences!